Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

7 minutes ago, West Coast said:
  Hide contents

To me, just because a song features piano heavily, doesn't mean it sounds like anything we've heard on Blue Banisters or NFR/Chemtrails, just like any song featuring guitar heavily doesn't sound like it'd be off of Ultraviolence. :oprah3:

I kinda disagree with that. Lust for Life and Born to Die had very little piano. Maybe just on Video Games, really? So, for me, a song like Sweet would stick like a store thumb on those. 

I can't imagine it on Chemtrails either because it was so folksy and acoustic guitar-centric. Really, it's off the same Blue Banisters cloth. But anyway, no need to debate it. Like someone said, an album should be diverse as long as it's cohesive thematically. Obvoiusly, a song like Doin' Time or Off to the Races wouldn't fit on Ocean Boulevard. What's on there so far makes sense. Disneyes meets trap is the vibe I'm getting lol.

2 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

Hide contents

Old man river keeps rolling

With ot without him 

:karaoke:

resorting to Blue Banishment while i wait for the imminent leak

BLUE BANISHMENT made me lol!!!

Just now, honeymoon is alive said:

they should stop the count and pretend this isn't happening :true:

It's normal - people get tired of every song and move on easily nowadays. Unless it's something poppy like "As it Was" by Harry Styles. A dark moody 7 minute song isn't gonna stay on repeat forever.

1 minute ago, honeymoon is alive said:

they should stop the count and pretend this isn't happening :true:

idk if i was an update account i’d literally make up numbers and roll with it… most people aren’t gonna check anyways :shh2:

35 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Great post. "Tulsa Jesus Freak" is on Chemtrails, "High by the Beach" and "Freak" are on Honeymoon, "hope is a dangerous thing" is on Norman Fucking Rockwell, "Dealer" is on Blue Banisters. Lana always puts on tracks that break the mold on each record. While I don't agree that Ocean Blvd is a "sexy" album overall thus far, it is incredibly intimate and there are certainly sexy songs. 

This! 
I’m all for sexy songs from her but I can’t imagine an album that would have only those… Wouldnt we be like « we get it, you want to get laid » at the end of that album? Even Summer Renaissance, that has a lot of sexy tracks, isn’t counting solely on those… 

6 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Nope. I think i'm just more familiar with the 70s Hong kong aesthetic back then & i usually capture a certain feeling / landscape whenever i listen to Lana. One thing about Lana music that separate her from other musicians is how vibrantly she can give us a clear picture of a certain space / scenery / landscape infront of your eyes. It feels like Teleportation tbh :hellno:

For example: for me, Ocean Blvd puts me in a middle of a highway like im on my summer vacation, meanwhile A&W put me back to a dark cabin in a middle of a farm at night time, with Jimmy Jimmy coco puff brings me to a hawaiian cocktail bar :agree:

Spoiler

OMG, I was thinking this too! I’m Chinese/Thai decent and I always thought Lana’s music reminded me of those old East Asian soundtracks (Hong Kong films, K-Dramas, and Japanese OSTs). I find these bits in some of her songs, especially in the song “Sweet,” like I can see this song used in those old Asian romance movies. I think it’s because maybe Lana uses the pentatonic scale, which is what a lot of what Asian music uses compared to Western music. 

I listen to this Hong Kong artist names Faye Wong, she’s amazing (highly recommend people to check her out) - I sometimes hear similar undertones of sound with their similar uses of heavy synths, rock guitars, and most importantly, ORCHESTRAL STRINGS ❤️  

Just now, barttttender said:

It's normal - people get tired of every song and move on easily nowadays. Unless it's something poppy like "As it Was" by Harry Styles. A dark moody 7 minute song isn't gonna stay on repeat forever.

yeah that's true, plus the fact that there's no promo at all, the track is actually doing really good 

12 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Notice how it tanked the exact day leaks started happening (Day 17). Leaks don’t affect sales/streams my a$$. Day 17 is also the billboard thing. You would think the promo would help A&W, but there were other songs competing. Unfortunately, none on Spotify.

Bestie I promise you there is very little if not no correlation lol

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

I mean yes, but the problem is that there were new Lana songs out (not on Spotify). It kinda accelerated the drop off rate causing a huge decrease in streams literally the day those songs were available.

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

This! 
I’m all for sexy songs from her but I can’t imagine an album that would have only those… Wouldnt we be like « we get it, you want to get laid » at the end of that album? Even Summer Renaissance, that has a lot of sexy tracks, isn’t counting solely on those… 

And also, @cinnamongirI made a great point that 

Spoiler

this album really isn't sexy at all, and it actually is a pretty weird word to describe an album about such heavy and personal topics and about her FAMILY. The only truly "sexy" song on the album seems to be Peppers and Taco Truck, and even those two are riddled with her personal struggles with fame. It's very INTIMATE. Not sexy

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, summer bummer said:

idk if i was an update account i’d literally make up numbers and roll with it… most people aren’t gonna check anyways :shh2:

lmaooo right? or just log off spotify and pretend the song is on top 50 again, it won't change our lifes so whatever 

1 minute ago, summer bummer said:

no cause what actually happened 😭😭 is this just due to leaks or something else

I would mainly blame Karol G, who is currently dominating the charts with her new album and there are also a lot of other female artists charting high now.

57 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:
  Hide contents

so i’ve listened to sweet and saying that i’m in love with it is little, i want to listen to it again and again but i won’t do it

Just do it
Just do it, don't wait
Just do it
Just do it, don't wait

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

7 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Then what caused the decrease when it was stable for like 2 weeks straight. Got another explanation? 

well i can promise you that those people are streaming a&w, less than 1% have listened to the leak. I’d say that it’s because A&W is losing its popularity on tik tok and that there’s just little promo to compete with the new releases by other artists

12 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

I would mainly blame Karol G, who is currently dominating the charts with her new album and there are also a lot of other female artists charting high now.

There were many new releases last Friday too (every Friday actually). It didn’t affect the song at all. In fact, it increased on Thursday and Friday last week.