Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

14 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

well i mean once again a 7/10 isn’t bad 

it better stay up there.. anything below a 7 is just unacceptable and I haven't even heard the full record to know that :true:

😋🫶🏼

2 minutes ago, x VB said:

Why do you care about critics and scores? :awkney:

I think for some people it's not just about Lana getting her flowers and more so they need them to validate their opinions, which :prettyhurts:

I wish Lana didnt care either tho 

3 minutes ago, BIackoutZoned said:

Is it just my impression or in fingertips she talks about an episode of rape when she was 15 and then she thought about committing suicide by running to the sea. Later in the song, she talks about having a baby at 16? but had a cocktail of things that twisted neurons (arons) inside (probably an abortion)

I thought it was comparing something young and innocent (being naked/bare, carefree as a child) with something horrible like her neighbour doing a drive-by (shooting I presume). Not sure what she means in the following lines about “I wanted to go out like you, swim with the fishes” - it sounds like yes she’s saying she wants to die a particular way but not sure why.

Later I think she says have “a babe at 16” as in like a boyfriend. She just wanted a simple life, have a bf at a young age, get married and die in the town she was born in - yet all of these traumatic. things happened to her that took that innocent simple life away (being sent away, drugs, fame etc)

I think the cocktails that twist neurons inside is medication for her mental health 

5 minutes ago, x VB said:

Why do you care about critics and scores? :awkney:

i personally don’t but some people do and that’s that 😭 some people just want to see lana receive the praise she deserves and they’re entitled to feel that way

The Gigwise reviewer being the one who kept it real

And when the album ends, after 70 minutes of tinny vocals and an annoying bass rattle from one speaker; I think everyone should’ve got up and applauded. Instead, we collect our phones and shuffle out. We’ve listened to it once, time to go rate years of hard work. I think we should all be forced into a room to try and make something like that. I bin my coke and walk out, questioning the whole profession.

I’m giving the album a 10. I know it before I leave the building. I have that feeling in my bones that I get in a good gallery; a mix of being awed and totally humbled. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, redsangrias said:

I thought it was comparing something young and innocent (being naked/bare, carefree as a child) with something horrible like her neighbour doing a drive-by (shooting I presume). Not sure what she means in the following lines about “I wanted to go out like you, swim with the fishes” - it sounds like yes she’s saying she wants to die a particular way but not sure why.

Later I think she says have “a babe at 16” as in like a boyfriend. She just wanted a simple life, have a bf at a young age, get married and die in the town she was born in - yet all of these traumatic. things happened to her that took that innocent simple life away (being sent away, drugs, fame etc)

I think the cocktails that twist neurons inside is medication for her mental health 

I get it, but then she says "what the fuck is wrong with you to send me away, exotic people and places to take the place of being your child"

Which I think she's talking about us, her fans, exotic people that take the places of being her child.

Been reading some reviews out of curiosity and some of these are so lazily written :toofunny: It reminds me of how I used to make shit up for my book reports in school after reading a quick summary online. The last one I read mixed up a Summertime Sadness lyric with a Video Game one and the one before that got Violet's title wrong too like were they in a rush or smthn...

qfrWuBl.png

4 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

i personally don’t but some people do and that’s that 😭 some people just want to see lana receive the praise she deserves and they’re entitled to feel that way

Yup totatlly entitled to feel that way, but we usually start fights for scores and critics :crai:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

1 minute ago, TrashMagiq said:

Been reading some reviews out of curiousity and some of these are so lazily written :toofunny: It reminds me of how I used to make shit up for my book reports in school after reading a quick summary online. The last one I read mixed up a Summertime Sadness lyric with a Video Game one and the one before that got Violet's title wrong too like were they in a rush or smthn...

i do agree a lot of these reviews seemed rushed.. the most alarming thing was the guardian’s reviewer saying bb was their fav album 😭😭

2 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

It would be so much better for her to make bops for fans to enjoy then to cosplay poet and be artsy fartsy…like for what? You’re still getting zero Grammys.

crickets ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・

:awkney::awkney::awkney::awkney::awkney:

😋🫶🏼