Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I think it's interesting that Kintsugi said that she used each sample in unexpected ways insinuating that we might not even be able to know/tell/recognize the samples, but at the same time, it seems like she just sings over the sampled tracks? :scoff:

Maybe she liked the composition and used the same chords progression but credited them to avoid another Creep/Get Free situation? :pout: 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Just now, Honeyyoung said:

question because i haven't heard the tommy genesis songs, but are they mid-tempo or bops in some way?

I haven't heard the songs talked about, but the music that I've heard from Tommy are all bops.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

ok i listened to some tracks and there's no way she's only going to just sing over the tommy song :thumb2: i hope she might sample the drums on eden, they're dope

Idk if anyone has mentioned this yet but has anyone else noticed a sound in DYKTTATUOB during the second verse right after she sings "Not because she loves the notes" that also appears in the verses of Carmen? Idk if it's some kind of common instrument and that's why no one has mentioned it already but I had to point this out

9 hours ago, bluedealer said:

The real question is .... what is the car of this era :tommy:

Some of the album photoshoots are simply just the ocean

She's gonna take us to the ocean

Neil also described the sound of the record with an ocean emoji 🌊

So it's not a car

It's just a ship :clapback:

NFR = Boat

COTCC = Red racing car or airplanes

BB = Tractor (John Deere)

DYKTTATUOB = Ship

:true:

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

15 hours ago, paris texas said:

it was posted for sale on leaked.cx (where we also got the snippet from)

where is that snippet supposed to be? did they seriously leak the demo so fast? scary :wtf3:

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

3 minutes ago, pinkdiamond said:

Idk if anyone has mentioned this yet but has anyone else noticed a sound in DYKTTATUOB during the second verse right after she sings "Not because she loves the notes" that also appears in the verses of Carmen? Idk if it's some kind of common instrument and that's why no one has mentioned it already but I had to point this out

Yes it's giving a siren in the ocean

So haunting

Love it :lange:

Just now, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

174499_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

1962 Corvair, Most likely black - But I have a sense of White or Red. Haven’t narrowed it down yet…

I want an EV version of this...... they don't make em like they use ta

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

5 minutes ago, ruined said:

NFR = Boat

COTCC = Red racing car or airplanes

BB = Tractor (John Deere)

DYKTTATUOB = Ship

:true:

I don't think Ocean Blvd is The Ship, I think the album represents the ocean as such :twirls:

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

1 minute ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

I want an EV version of this...... they don't make em like they use ta

You my friend need an Electrovair:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/the-story-of-the-1966-chevrolet-electrovair-the-electric-corvair-you-never-knew-existed-176296.html

Great Taste!

IMG-3521.jpg

13 minutes ago, Big Star said:

if we got the production credits we'll able to identify the sample so...

if i did my research on how samples need to be credited correctly, i actually don’t believe we’ll be able to tell from the production credits unless lana takes the actual beat of the tommy song untouched and uses it in a long portion of the song. ik either Kintsugi or BOZ said that Peppers “sounds similar” to the Tommy song but if lana straight up took the beat i feel like they would’ve mentioned that; kinda like how the SOPHIE samples from her Splice pack are all over pop music now, people make entire songs out of them, but she still isn’t officially credited on anything :rip:

3 minutes ago, Big Star said:

i really see lana using this part of the song like it makes sense

also this would’ve been my first guess too, it’s very lana but ABRA is also a writer on it 😭

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

if i did my research on how samples need to be credited correctly, i actually don’t believe we’ll be able to tell from the production credits unless lana takes the actual beat of the tommy song untouched and uses it in a long portion of the song. ik either Kintsugi or BOZ said that Peppers “sounds similar” to the Tommy song but if lana straight up took the beat i feel like they would’ve mentioned that; kinda like how the SOPHIE samples from her Splice pack are all over pop music now but she still isn’t officially credited on anything :rip:

i mean boz said writer credits count for samples and if that's any indication then the track is solely produced by Tommy :wub:

2 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

brb finding a sugar daddy to buy me this.....

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

3 minutes ago, TerrenceOnKilos said:

I don't think Ocean Blvd is The Ship, I think the album represents the ocean as such :twirls:

Exactly

That's why I say it's a ship

Cause we don't have some sort of a transport machine for the album :true: