Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Merch & Media Drop

5 minutes ago, Olympia said:

I know, it's no official merch, but still Lana got her cake boxes from the same seller (see honeymoon insta), so I wanted to share these photos with you and also my experience, in case you want to order one, too:

IMG-20230419-195008.jpg

IMG-20230419-195754.jpg

They arrived today, luckily complete. The box the seller used was very fragile and was not handled well by the post, so I expected the worst. Only the mirror in the white box need to be glued on again.

Unfortunately there must have happened a mistake with the seller's custom declaration, so I had to pay the VAT again... plus post office fees. I asked her before if she knows how to do it and didn't expect this now... So if you order from outside UK, you might face the same problem. I am so tired if ordering from UK. Will try to get the second VAT back now... 

However, the white/pink one did not look 100% as pictured on Etsy (color and form of "icing" - still OK though, but I would have preferred as pictured), the white one I ordered with strawberries instead of cherries... So (having paid EUR 127 incl. shipping and VAT plus EUR 19 second VAT) not really satisfied I have to say, especially as I know now how to do it myself, lol. 

https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/1219872021/gothic-vintage-fake-kuchen-schmuck-boxen?click_key=6245881f7b21ee8dd41f848c03fe22b1fe1cc513%3A1219872021&click_sum=410a827b&ref=shop_home_recs_3

https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/1328406277/marie-antoniette-vintage?click_key=a2f7e929601cfcd74e2565dc911c8a8add040455%3A1328406277&click_sum=18686623&ref=shop_home_recs_2&crt=1

not me thinking they were actual cakes...

8 minutes ago, lizzycobain said:

I keep seeing rumors about a deluxe ... 

I want to believe it, but I'm apprehensive!! 

Do you think there would be a deluxe vinyl if the rumors are true?? :hooker:

i rly hope so- i haven't bought the ocean blvd yet bc i never see it at local stores and i dont wanna pay too much shipping, so if i could buy the deluxe vinyl only, that would be great. 

so i finally received an email from Banquet. They say orders can be delayed due to 'Cyber Attack' at Royal Mail in UK, i mean wtf is that?

Has anyone here who ordered green indie vinyl in UK received theirs yet? Is it that anything ordered from UK stores are delayed? 

bsQJxDl.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, Olympia said:

I know, it's no official merch, but still Lana got her cake boxes from the same seller (see honeymoon insta), so I wanted to share these photos with you and also my experience, in case you want to order one, too:

IMG-20230419-195008.jpg

IMG-20230419-195754.jpg

They arrived today, luckily complete. The box the seller used was very fragile and was not handled well by the post, so I expected the worst. Only the mirror in the white box need to be glued on again.

Unfortunately there must have happened a mistake with the seller's custom declaration, so I had to pay the VAT again... plus post office fees. I asked her before if she knows how to do it and didn't expect this now... So if you order from outside UK, you might face the same problem. I am so tired if ordering from UK. Will try to get the second VAT back now... 

However, the white/pink one did not look 100% as pictured on Etsy (color and form of "icing" - still OK though, but I would have preferred as pictured), the white one I ordered with strawberries instead of cherries... So (having paid EUR 127 incl. shipping and VAT plus EUR 19 second VAT) not really satisfied I have to say, especially as I know now how to do it myself, lol. 

https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/1219872021/gothic-vintage-fake-kuchen-schmuck-boxen?click_key=6245881f7b21ee8dd41f848c03fe22b1fe1cc513%3A1219872021&click_sum=410a827b&ref=shop_home_recs_3

https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/1328406277/marie-antoniette-vintage?click_key=a2f7e929601cfcd74e2565dc911c8a8add040455%3A1328406277&click_sum=18686623&ref=shop_home_recs_2&crt=1

They look so cute! It does suck they messed up your order and it wasn't packaged properly though...I ordered one too so I'm a little worried about the shipping now tbh 

1 minute ago, fishtails said:

They look so cute! It does suck they messed up your order and it wasn't packaged properly though...I ordered one too so I'm a little worried about the shipping now tbh 

I am afraid there is a bit of reason to worry actually regarding customs and packaging - I have some feeling the seller did a mistake with the tax number. Unless the hacker attack on royal mail mentioned above was responsible for the double tax, could be possible. I also think the seller currently got too many orders after Lana's insta post. The producing times are much longer than stated and some recent buyers complained about the quality... I hope you will get it without trouble however. Please let us know. 

It was expensive watch it 

4 minutes ago, Olympia said:

I am afraid there is a bit of reason to worry actually regarding customs and packaging - I have some feeling the seller did a mistake with the tax number. Unless the hacker attack on royal mail mentioned above was responsible for the double tax, could be possible. I also think the seller currently got too many orders after Lana's insta post. The producing times are much longer than stated and some recent buyers complained about the quality... I hope you will get it without trouble however. Please let us know. 

wait what is that hacker attack? is it related to "cyber attack" that causes delayed orders from UK that Banquet mentioned in their emails?

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

14 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

wait what is that hacker attack? is it related to "cyber attack" that causes delayed orders from UK that Banquet mentioned in their emails?

That's what I am guessing. I heard of it for the first time in the post above, and since Royal mail could be responsible for not registering the tax being paid according to my information, maybe the cyber attack was the reason why I had to pay again. The seller wrote the IOSS on the parcel, but obviously they did not register it. Need to find out tomorrow where in this long chain the mistake happened... 

It was expensive watch it 

Just now, Olympia said:

That's what I am guessing. I heard of it for the first time in the post above, and since Royal mail could be responsible for not registering the tax being paid according to my information, maybe the cyber attack was the reason why I had to pay again. The seller wrote the IOSS on the parcel, but obviously they did not register it. Need to find out tomorrow where in this long chain the mistake happened... 

so do you think this would affect my order any harm?

48 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

so i finally received an email from Banquet. They say orders can be delayed due to 'Cyber Attack' at Royal Mail in UK, i mean wtf is that?

Has anyone here who ordered green indie vinyl in UK received theirs yet? Is it that anything ordered from UK stores are delayed? 

bsQJxDl.jpg

uk to uk shipping was unaffected but royal mail deliveries internationally are massively delayed because russia or something hacked royal mail and royal mail didnt want to pay the ransom so they basically stopped everything

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

uk to uk shipping was unaffected but royal mail deliveries internationally are massively delayed because russia or something hacked royal mail and royal mail didnt want to pay the ransom so they basically stopped everything

oh my gawd:oprah2: so how long will they stop the delivery tho? if they stopped this why did they charged my order? shouldnt they say something like "international order is unavailable at the moment"? 

5 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

oh my gawd:oprah2: so how long will they stop the delivery tho? if they stopped this why did they charged my order? shouldnt they say something like "international order is unavailable at the moment"? 

hopefully only a few weeks at most

i think its more sorted out than it was to begin with

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

hopefully only a few weeks at most

i think its more sorted out than it was to begin with

thank you so much.

I was literally scammed by a UK record store back in Blue Banisters era so this time i was too skeptical

7 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

thank you so much.

I was literally scammed by a UK record store back in Blue Banisters era so this time i was too skeptical

banquet is highly reputable (their actual store is very close to where i live) they would never scam anyone or lie

i would give it 3 weeks then contact them again

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

banquet is highly reputable (their actual store is very close to where i live) they would never scam anyone or lie

i would give it 3 weeks then contact them again

tysm, now i can finally count on it.