evalionisameme

Lana Sex Work/Stripping?

I think, like so much else in her early career, it was just a fantasy she liked working into her art. The only traces of a secret, salacious go-go dancer past are in the music and her videos, in which case she was also secretly Jackie Kennedy and the Black Dahlia :troll:

o4qjp4j.png

let me explain. lana sang about being a stripper in kinda outta luck, go go dancer, disco, hundred dollar bill, and dangerous girl. 

~I do admit when I called your other bitch I told a little lie~

Lana Del Rey reveals 'Ultraviolence' video | NBHAP

Just now, prettywhenimhigh said:

she never was a stripper

is there proof for this tho? i'm not saying it's wrong, i'm just genuinely curious. 

Just now, spinmeround said:

she never was but if she was she wouldve killed it pussy popping icon 

:thumb3:  does anyone have any proof tho? on either side of this?

i mean i dont have any evidence, but she's probably thought about it with the amount of times she's referenced it. she literally has a song called go-go dancer

she also kinda pretends to be one in some clips of the mermaid motel music video where its the hallway and she like slut dropping

i-have-no-kung-fu.jpg

LEAK ZODIAC

1 minute ago, LolitasCherries said:

is there proof for this tho? i'm not saying it's wrong, i'm just genuinely curious. 

it's just very unlikely. like @sparklrtrailrheaven said, it's just a subject for her songwriting. a few songs about it doesn't prove anything, she sang about killing a man and putting him in the trunk of his own car and she didn't do that either. she had her waitressing job, babysitter job, college, voluntary work and so on. but unless some confirmation comes out of her mouth just take the lyrics of her talking about dancing for money with a grain of salt lol

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

it's just very unlikely. like @sparklrtrailrheaven said, it's just a subject for her songwriting. a few songs about it doesn't prove anything, she sang about killing a man and putting him in the trunk of his own car and she didn't do that either. she had her waitressing job, babysitter job, college, voluntary work and so on. but unless some confirmation comes out of her mouth just take the lyrics of her talking about dancing for money with a grain of salt lol

yeah, she was definitely fascinated by the idea with song titles like "dance for money" :thumb3: 

i-have-no-kung-fu.jpg

LEAK ZODIAC

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

ok lol:tongue2:

stripper… singer….trapeze artist…waitress…go-go dancer…gangsta… serial killer…married four times somehow in five countries… she’s had many occupations in her life. just take a look:

Om1SM.jpg

i feel like this is just the tip of the lana del rey job resume past work experience iceberg

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

We know she had a legitimate problem with alcohol and other drugs. It's possible she did SOME form of sex work to fuel it.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

We know she had a legitimate problem with alcohol and other drugs. It's possible she did SOME form of sex work to fuel it.

hm idk though, in melancholia she sings "i've been sober for 11 years right now / if that don't mean a thing, well i tried" so if she was to have done any stripping it would've been before around 2001 (melancholia was recorded in 2012) she would've been about 16 so i doubt that she would've stripped because of alcohol and drug problems

i-have-no-kung-fu.jpg

LEAK ZODIAC

1 minute ago, spinmeround said:

hm idk though, in melancholia she sings "i've been sober for 11 years right now / if that don't mean a thing, well i tried" so if she was to have done any stripping it would've been before around 2001 (melancholia was recorded in 2012) she would've been about 16 so i doubt that she would've stripped because of alcohol and drug problems

she lived in New York in 2001, right? I've heard of strip clubs "accidentally" hiring minors or hiring people with fake IDs.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

she lived in New York in 2001, right? I've heard of strip clubs "accidentally" hiring minors or hiring people with fake IDs.

well she lived in new york state, she moved to new york city in 2005

edit: that's a really good observation btw

i-have-no-kung-fu.jpg

LEAK ZODIAC