Elle

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ MITA Festival - May 27th, 2023

Flipside is my all time favorite Lana song so I can’t believe she finally sang it :worship:. Like she never aknowledged this song and now she’s performing it like wow… it just feels surreal I’m so so so happy. 

On top of that, the show was absolutely amazing overall !!!! The setlist, the outfit and hair changes, it was so iconic. I wasn’t expecting all of that for a festival tour AT ALL. It definitely exceeded all of my expectations. You can see the clear upgrade with past performances with the dancers, the stage etc… it was just so iconic. I’m seeing her at Hyde Park and I can’t wait now :flutter:

lana-del-rey-painting.gif

7 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

It’s not just nerves. She’s threading hard through the notes so her voice won’t crack. It’s her current voice that is making her nervous. You can see in her face. She’s having major difficulties staying on melody. Her voice is simply shot and won’t come out similar to having a cold/sore throat. Also a quick glance to the people around her (her band/back up singers). They are all aware she’s struggling.

Just listen to Young and Beautiful. It’s not even in its original key. And she can’t sing Video Games normally either for more the few seconds before raising her voice and starts talk singing. This is very very bad/sad. I’m genuinely concern. How is she going to do a tour with her voice in this condition??? Tbh the signs have been here for a while since Blue Banisters. I’m been repeating this over and over that her voice has changed since that album and has not recovered.

okay girl why don’t you get up and sing then in her place

idk about you guys but i really enjoyed the show, it puts all of her 2019 shows to shame because of the dancers and the stage setup and lana’s enthusiasm. really pleasantly surprised she didn’t forget any lyrics this time around, and she only had one mess up i believe during video games where she sang “singing with the old stars” twice. but that is something so small compared to how good the overall vibe of the show was. she didn’t seem too nervous, maybe a little bit in the beginning, but she was so bubbly and smiley till the end. also, did anyone else cry when she looked like she was on the verge of tears during tunnel and video games? that was really emotional :trisha: 

7 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

It’s not just nerves. She’s threading hard through the notes so her voice won’t crack. It’s her current voice that is making her nervous. You can see in her face. She’s having major difficulties staying on melody. Her voice is simply shot and won’t come out similar to having a cold/sore throat. Also a quick glance to the people around her (her band/back up singers). They are all aware she’s struggling.

Just listen to Young and Beautiful. It’s not even in its original key. And she can’t sing Video Games normally either for more the few seconds before raising her voice and starts talk singing. This is very very bad/sad. I’m genuinely concern. How is she going to do a tour with her voice in this condition??? Tbh the signs have been here for a while since Blue Banisters. I’m been repeating this over and over that her voice has changed since that album and has not recovered.

i think that’s genuinely because lana is aging. video games and y&b are decade old songs and her voice was very different back then, but i didn’t see her struggle at all during the grants for example, or any song that was made not long ago. i think new songs just fit her voice better than the old ones

I really thought she sounded amazing... Of course, she was nervous because it was the first show in years (and with such a huge crowd) so she had a few stumbles here and there, but overall she sounded really good :bebe:

You could see she was building up her confidence as the show went on... so maybe she will be even better next show! :oprah:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

i gotta say i really hate video games as the new closer, it should've switched places with either venice bitch or summertime sadness to end the show on an epic note. video game as the ending is just "that's it?" :whatever2: