Manson

Real "Sirens" Tracknames confirmed

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

drive by

Just now, the ocean said:

drive by

"pretty baby" might actually be called for k though :lolliney:

All this time and I thought Drive By was the name people thought it was and For K was the real name :cryney2: :eek2:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Just now, Manson said:

Anyone cares to explain more in-depth why we don't believe the UMG registered titles? :creep:

when sirens originally leaked in 2012 none of the titles leaked with the album and all we had was track 1, track 2, etc. - we did figure out a star for nick & junky pride through website screenshots but all of the other titles were fan guesses

all of the titles that you showed were those fanmade titles

in 2014 the "young like me" & "from the end" EP's leaked and they were registered with the US copyright office so we know that the titles that came with those 2 leaks are legitimate (since sirens shares many songs with those 2 EP's)

there's only 4 songs on sirens we still don't know the official name of - "next to me", "my momma", "pretty baby" & "birds of a feather"

however since those were also fanmade titles from 2012 we have reason to doubt that the youtube copyright titles are not actually from UMG and probably just an auto-flag

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

when sirens originally leaked in 2012 none of the titles leaked with the album and all we had was track 1, track 2, etc. - we did figure out a star for nick & junky pride through website screenshots but all of the other titles were fan guesses

all of the titles that you showed were those fanmade titles

in 2014 the "young like me" & "from the end" EP's leaked and they were registered with the US copyright office so we know that the titles that came with those 2 leaks are legitimate (since sirens shares many songs with those 2 EP's)

there's only 4 songs on sirens we still don't know the official name of - "next to me", "my momma", "pretty baby" & "birds of a feather"

however since those were also fanmade titles from 2012 we have reason to doubt that the youtube copyright titles are not actually from UMG and probably just an auto-flag

Ok thx, but (as someone who uploads copyrighted stuff a lot :creep:) I've never had fake credits or similar things with blocked content. So I'm just confused that it would be so different with Lana, especially because I would never consider things like this to have "fanmade" titles. Like, that's so weird.

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

we did figure out a star for nick & junky pride through website screenshots

How did we figure out a star for nick from a screenshot? Since those lyrics don’t really feature in the song? 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

1 minute ago, Manson said:

Ok thx, but (as someone who uploads copyrighted stuff a lot :creep:) I've never had fake credits or similar things with blocked content. So I'm just confused that it would be so different with Lana, especially because I would never consider things like this to have "fanmade" titles. Like, that's so weird.

i'd read this article

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/6/22820318/youtube-copyright-claims-transparency-report

so the titles are probably from youtube's system and not actually UMG

and also "i'm indebted to you" is spelt "i'm indebIted to you" in youtube's system :xgiggle: so that's just straight up incorrect even if that was the actual title

38 minutes ago, Manson said:

Hey guys,

So I have NO CLUE if y'all knew this already, but I didn't see it anywhere, not on the Lanawiki page of the album...

I uploaded the whole May Jailer album to YT, and it got blocked (Interscope owns the rights to all Sirens songs, didn't know that also) and as you might know, blocked music is listed under the copyright warnings. So I suddenly saw track names that are definitely not what we have been calling these tracks before.

Track 1, known as "Drive By" is actually called "For K"

Track 7, known as "Dear Elliot" is actually called "Westbound"

Track 9, known as "Peace" is actually called "All You Need"

Track 10, known as "You Know Me So Well" is actually called "I'm Indebited To You"

Track 14, known as "Junky Pride" is actually called "Pride"

Track 13, known as "Move" is actually called "Find My Own Way"

The other tracks, especially like "Birds of a Feather" were unconfirmed titles (going by Lanawiki) but are actually correct.

Can anyone update the info page on Sirens maybe?

eZeloiu.jpg 

oo1a5QX.jpg

Youtube copyright names are named from former uploads that use the same audio

Same thing happened when someone uploaded Best American Record as "Architecture" and the copyright system started using that as the name (even though it's not)

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

2 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

How did we figure out a star for nick from a screenshot? Since those lyrics don’t really feature in the song? 

i just looked at lanapedia and those 2 songs plus "out with a bang" and "bad disease" were floating around from the ldr.fm days and were available on a few websites to download

so basically we had the titles before the album leaked and we figured out the titles of those songs because the files were also out there

screenshots from lana's website / myspace from that time backed up the fact that the titles were real as well (i can't find the thread but @Surf Noir will probably know what i'm talking about and link it)

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

i just looked at lanapedia and those 2 songs plus "out with a bang" and "bad disease" were floating around from the ldr.fm days and were available on a few websites to download

so basically we had the titles before the album leaked and we figured out the titles of those songs because the files were also out there

screenshots from lana's website / myspace from that time backed up the fact that the titles were real as well (i can't find the thread but @Surf Noir will probably know what i'm talking about and link it)

Ah yeah, I’d it was from the LDR.fm days that makes sense. I remember the screenshot of a star for nick and now that I think about it, I believe it might’ve had the song length as well? Like, she embedded it on her MySpace page potentially?

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

1 minute ago, Get Drunk said:

Ah yeah, I’d it was from the LDR.fm days that makes sense. I remember the screenshot of a star for nick and now that I think about it, I believe it might’ve had the song length as well? Like, she embedded it on her MySpace page potentially?

i think so

i wasn't a fan then so i can't say for sure but that's what i know from what i've heard :true:

6 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Youtube copyright names are named from former uploads that use the same audio

Same thing happened when someone uploaded Best American Record as "Architecture" and the copyright system started using that as the name (even though it's not)

Ok but wait... with that logic it would mean that "Drive By" was formerly uploaded as "For K" for whatever reason and based on whatever source of information? And that's why, whenever I upload "Drive By" now it would be called "For K"? 

But "Pretty Baby" is actually "For K"?? 

If I recall correctly from reading old posts and whatnot, A Star for Nick surfaced prior to the rest of Sirens after the audio was found and cut from a 2008 podcast. I remember reading how the guy who played it announced the title and artist beforehand.

On 9/13/2012 at 5:26 PM, evilentity said:

Bryan's music has been featured frequently on the Nefarious Bovine Radio podcast, where I originally found "A Star for Nick" and "Money Hunny". He's also been a regular guest on the show.

The full podcast audio is still here and Lana is credited for her music being used on the website evilentity linked, but it's over two hours long and I cba right now to find the timestamp of when ASFN plays :creep: 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

The more interesting part for me was the fact it was copyrighted as Interscope since... I'm not sure she sold the rights of these songs? Didn't she buy AKA rights to get it out of circulation and owns it herself\not Interscope?  How\Why would interscope buy something even older that was never really released.