Rust Dress

Festivals & Tour 2023

1 minute ago, mermaidmotelxo said:

just curious, how have the crowds been overall? the only reports i’m hearing of people being just generally rude and disrespectful to others in the audience were the florida shows… anyone else know anything?

I went to the Arkansas and Dallas shows and I thought the audience for the most part were great at both. I was in the Pit at both shows, I do not get into the crowd anymore, I just hangout towards the back and enjoy the show. Experience might be different in seats or at barricade, but I had a great time at both events, with no issues at all.

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years

delusional as always I’m sure but I’ve been thinking 

Lana is closing this leg of the tour with West Virginia, doing the stand by your man and summertime covers at almost every show, there’s been a lot of talk about the covers album again…. Maybe she’s going to sing country roads at the West Virginia show, after did you know… and then announce the album 👀👀👀 I know our queen is usually not this organized so even tho it seems obvious it may be a stretch. But I really hope this is the case 

4 minutes ago, trailerparkdream said:

delusional as always I’m sure but I’ve been thinking 

Lana is closing this leg of the tour with West Virginia, doing the stand by your man and summertime covers at almost every show, there’s been a lot of talk about the covers album again…. Maybe she’s going to sing country roads at the West Virginia show, after did you know… and then announce the album 👀👀👀 I know our queen is usually not this organized so even tho it seems obvious it may be a stretch. But I really hope this is the case 

Manifesting this. Regardless, I do think she has something special planned for WV. She mentioned that she was looking forward to that show at one of her recent performances

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

I went to the Arkansas and Dallas shows and I thought the audience for the most part were great at both. I was in the Pit at both shows, I do not get into the crowd anymore, I just hangout towards the back and enjoy the show. Experience might be different in seats or at barricade, but I had a great time at both events, with no issues at all.

thank you, this is helpful!! :) 

1 hour ago, mermaidmotelxo said:

just curious, how have the crowds been overall? the only reports i’m hearing of people being just generally rude and disrespectful to others in the audience were the florida shows… anyone else know anything?

Really mixed. It depends on the venue, section and your perspective. 

I’ve been to three shows and had three different experiences. The two smaller venues generally had better crowds, but that’s just my opinion. 

Arkansas: The crowd was very tame and wasn’t overly loud. Of the three venues, it probably had the most polite crowd. It’s a small venue and I think the demographic (rural South) may have played a role.

Dallas: The crowd was out of control, at times. When the gates opened, people ran, screamed and pushed everyone out of the way. Security had zero control. Once in the seated sections, many (not all) were very rude, loud and disrespectful. Several of the songs felt like screaming kareoke. It was my least favorite of the three crowds. Keep in mind it was a larger venue, in a larger city, and stormy weather may have played a role in riling people up. 

Mississippi: The crowd was fairly well behaved, but the security was also very strict. A few people were sneaking into other sections, standing in aisles and vaping, but got kicked out really quick. I posted on Reddit that the crowd seemed polite and respectful, but someone in the pit said it was total chaos in there. I didn’t see that, but then again I’ve never been in the pit because I have low tolerance for pushing and shoving, and I like my personal space. 

Other things I noticed at all three shows:

1. Many attendees don’t seem to know a lot of her songs. I’m not sure if it’s age or what (large percentage of the crowds were teenagers) but it’s a little sad when people don’t know the songs. 
2. People show up late, but many people also leave early. I get it, traffic is bad, but last night even Lana made a comment about having to try extra hard because people were leaving early.

3. Going back to #1, a lot of people at these shows seem to be TikTok teens who may not have the incentive to be as attentive or respectful, simply because they may not have listened to her for long and/or they’re just there for a concert experience   As opposed to a Lana experience. 

In summary, it depends on venue size/location, personal preference and where you’re sitting. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

1 hour ago, Quincy said:

I’ve been to three shows and had three different experiences. The two smaller venues generally had better crowds, but that’s just my opinion. 

Arkansas: The crowd was very tame and wasn’t overly loud. Of the three venues, it probably had the most polite crowd. It’s a small venue and I think the demographic (rural South) may have played a role.

Dallas: The crowd was out of control, at times. When the gates opened, people ran, screamed and pushed everyone out of the way. Security had zero control. Once in the seated sections, many (not all) were very rude, loud and disrespectful. Several of the songs felt like screaming kareoke. It was my least favorite of the three crowds. Keep in mind it was a larger venue, in a larger city, and stormy weather may have played a role in riling people up. 

Mississippi: The crowd was fairly well behaved, but the security was also very strict. A few people were sneaking into other sections, standing in aisles and vaping, but got kicked out really quick. I posted on Reddit that the crowd seemed polite and respectful, but someone in the pit said it was total chaos in there. I didn’t see that, but then again I’ve never been in the pit because I have low tolerance for pushing and shoving, and I like my personal space. 

1. Many attendees don’t seem to know a lot of her songs. I’m not sure if it’s age or what (large percentage of the crowds were teenagers) but it’s a little sad when people don’t know the songs. 
2. People show up late, but many people also leave early. I get it, traffic is bad, but last night even Lana made a comment about having to try extra hard because people were leaving early.

3. Going back to #1, a lot of people at these shows seem to be TikTok teens who may not have the incentive to be as attentive or respectful, simply because they may not have listened to her for long and/or they’re just there for a concert experience   As opposed to a Lana experience. 

In summary, it depends on venue size/location, personal preference and where you’re sitting. 

this was so helpful thank you!!! my heart broke during that video of lana calling people out for leaving early😓

I would love if Lana did an MTV unplugged session. It could totally bring back MTV unplugged and make it cool again. I really loved them back in the day and feel she could do such an amazing performance that she could then also sell as an album. I think I like nirvanas unplugged more than any of their albums. Bring in the candles, the flowers and the trees. It would be magical. 

2 hours ago, jealous girl said:

Totally unrealistic because of locations/distances but I wish there was a Lanaboards exclusive show so that there's only people there who really appreciate it

Then again that might be total chaos too lol

I would love a low-key private performance where everyone isn't singing because it's being recorded. Not that I don't like them singing, but an example is when she sang stand by your man at Roberts western world. I really got to listen to her sing. Ive seen others be vocal about how much they would appreciate that. 

I'd throw down 500 to a G to see Lana at an MTV unplugged show. 

The best venue in my opinion is the new 75,000 speaker surround sound system at Beacon in NY. In 2024 they are going to add 100,000 more speakers for their new state of the art sound system. 

Maybe after the writer’s strike is over, since Covid is essentially over, she’d be willing to do a few one off TV appearances to promote Ocean Blvd? I miss her occasional TV spots, even if they were only a song or two. 

3 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Maybe after the writer’s strike is over, since Covid is essentially over, she’d be willing to do a few one off TV appearances to promote Ocean Blvd? I miss her occasional TV spots, even if they were only a song or two. 

The performance on Jimmy Fallon...Man...She stole my heart...I couldn't believe it. I was not intricately following her music then, like I am now, and when I heard and saw that... It felt surreal. Lacrimose. Sublime. 

ever since the other night i simply cannot stop watching videos of her performing florida kilos.. i forgot how much i loved this song :krylie:

the 80s sounding synths during the chorus... this serve

i hope she remembers how much fun this song is and she adds it to the setlist full time.. i just knowwww her dancers would be so cunty

6 hours ago, Quincy said:

Thank you for providing this info. Not only is it helpful to prepare me for tomorrow but it’s also very validating for me to hear. 

Like on a serious note yall, I often feel embarrassed with how obsessed I am with Lana. But I just value her art so much. So this is honestly heart breaking, but not surprising. 

I’m tired of sounding like a whiny brat, I’m sorry. 
but I just get so jealous and my feelings get hurt seeing people with money get to constantly have the good seats & the pit & barricade, follow Lana around on tour (not you Quincy, you clearly are a real fan and deserve to be there) I know this isn’t the case for everyone but I just get the vibe that a lot of people doing that aren’t the “true” fans. Arriving to a Lana show late or leaving early? I could NEVER. Tomorrow is going to be one of the most important days of my life as silly as that may sound to some people. like, I need every single part of it to be perfect because it’s been something I’ve dreamed of and hoped for for the past 8 years since the first time I saw her live. It kills me that I can’t be down there in the pit or closer and will likely never meet Lana or get to thank her or anything. I don’t want to scream at the top of my lungs in her face or blind her with the flash of my phone. I just want to tell her thank you for everything, hand her a letter… and of course a selfie would be amazing but i could even do without that as long as I could tell her how much I appreciate her. Idk. this is just rly sad to hear but like I said, I’m not surprised. I hope I can just be in my own bubble tomorrow staring at her and not worrying about how other people have better spots than me. It’s just hard not to be extremely jealous sometimes. 

4 hours ago, jealous girl said:

Totally unrealistic because of locations/distances but I wish there was a Lanaboards exclusive show so that there's only people there who really appreciate it

Then again that might be total chaos too lol

dude I wish. It would be chaotic for sure but also so amazing. I just feel like WE really deserve our chance at getting close or  meeting her! Like if not US then WHO!?!? 

1 hour ago, Rivers said:

I would love if Lana did an MTV unplugged session. It could totally bring back MTV unplugged and make it cool again. I really loved them back in the day and feel she could do such an amazing performance that she could then also sell as an album. I think I like nirvanas unplugged more than any of their albums. Bring in the candles, the flowers and the trees. It would be magical. 

gosh you’re so right. 

24 minutes ago, trailerparkdream said:

Thank you for providing this info. Not only is it helpful to prepare me for tomorrow but it’s also very validating for me to hear. 

Like on a serious note yall, I often feel embarrassed with how obsessed I am with Lana. But I just value her art so much. So this is honestly heart breaking, but not surprising. 

but I just get so jealous and my feelings get hurt seeing people with money get to constantly have the good seats & the pit & barricade, follow Lana around on tour (not you Quincy, you clearly are a real fan and deserve to be there) I know this isn’t the case for everyone but I just get the vibe that a lot of people doing that aren’t the “true” fans. Arriving to a Lana show late or leaving early? I could NEVER. Tomorrow is going to be one of the most important days of my life as silly as that may sound to some people. like, I need every single part of it to be perfect because it’s been something I’ve dreamed of and hoped for for the past 8 years since the first time I saw her live. It kills me that I can’t be down there in the pit or closer and will likely never meet Lana or get to thank her or anything. I don’t want to scream at the top of my lungs in her face or blind her with the flash of my phone. I just want to tell her thank you for everything, hand her a letter… and of course a selfie would be amazing but i could even do without that as long as I could tell her how much I appreciate her. Idk. this is just rly sad to hear but like I said, I’m not surprised. I hope I can just be in my own bubble tomorrow staring at her and not worrying about how other people have better spots than me. It’s just hard not to be extremely jealous sometimes. 

We are in such a similar situation!! I saw her for the first time in August and it was life changing. I feel spoiled that I got to see her two more times, but I couldn’t bring myself to buy pit tickets yesterday. It didn’t feel right. I’m already going broke from all these shows and I didn’t feel like I was part of the Stan crowd. Idk I’d love, literally die to be at the barricade, but all these people who go to her every show, have endless time and money. I just can’t. Plus I’m short and I’m not great with crowds. Maybe one day for the experience I will do pit, but I already have no business complaining. I saw her three times this year and that’s more than probably 90% of her fans. I don’t want to become an entitled snobby Stan. 

But I totally feel you. I was slipping into a very dark place this summer, but seeing her and being able to share my obsession with all of you has really helped uplift me from the shadows. It went from the blackest day and summertime sadness to something I can’t even begin to explain with words. 

You are going to have the time of your life! :kiss:

9 hours ago, trailerparkdream said:

dude I wish. It would be chaotic for sure but also so amazing. I just feel like WE really deserve our chance at getting close or  meeting her! Like if not US then WHO!?!? 

some are going to a concert, others are going to church

regional bureau chief

"...my gift is the warmth I live my life with and the self reflection I share generously"

8 hours ago, Quincy said:

We are in such a similar situation!! I saw her for the first time in August and it was life changing. I feel spoiled that I got to see her two more times, but I couldn’t bring myself to buy pit tickets yesterday. It didn’t feel right. I’m already going broke from all these shows and I didn’t feel like I was part of the Stan crowd. Idk I’d love, literally die to be at the barricade, but all these people who go to her every show, have endless time and money. I just can’t. Plus I’m short and I’m not great with crowds. Maybe one day for the experience I will do pit, but I already have no business complaining. I saw her three times this year and that’s more than probably 90% of her fans. I don’t want to become an entitled snobby Stan. 

But I totally feel you. I was slipping into a very dark place this summer, but seeing her and being able to share my obsession with all of you has really helped uplift me from the shadows. It went from the blackest day and summertime sadness to something I can’t even begin to explain with words. 

You are going to have the time of your life! :kiss:

I just love you!!! Manifesting that she’ll come back and one day I will be able to afford pit, and maybe we can go in together 🥰 I’ll protect you down there 😆

17 hours ago, mermaidmotelxo said:

I was very close to the barricade at the center in Huntsville, which has a capacity around 8,000 (no lawn) and I'm told the pit was only about 500. There was a specific wristband for pit and they did check for it every time. The staff there is very helpful and only strict about the things that matter.

Preshow: In the morning/early afternoon, they wristbanded the first 100 or so people who lined up (some folks started camping Tuesday night for a Thursday show), and after some miscommunication between ticketing people and security people, they got those fans in first -- I was like 120 apparently smh and only that late because of, in hindsight, a foolish tactical error. The more femme people in line were incredibly decked out, gorgeous outfits and flowers and beauty to the heavens and back. My dadcore look was embarrassing in contrast.

Gate Time: Fans were increasingly nervous and anxious as gate time approached, but very polite. Everyone incredibly followed the staff's instructions and walked to the pit; I really give credit to those first couple dozen people because they set the tone. I made some friends in line and we just held hands between the gate and the pit so we all ended up together. We all saved each others space before Lana came on; some of them were significantly shorter than me so we just ended up in height order.

The Show: There was one small group near me, and really it was one particular person, who was kinda rowdy drunk but for the most part she settled down during Lana's performance (or maybe I was just able to block it out). Folks around me were singing but it wasn't overwhelming her vocals. It was crowded but not overwhelming (I cut my teeth in punk and indie so my tolerance is high on this front though so ymmv) except when she came down to the barricade. There was a pretty big crush as you might expect. One person near-ish me was on the verge of a panic attack, crying, but her group were so compassionate and everyone close around her gave her space and her place closer to the front once it was calmer. The venue staff passed out water bottles whenever anyone asked; in addition, they allow everyone to bring in an empty bottle to fill at water stations so hydration wasn't an issue at all (it also was a very mild night). I was close enough that the thing that normally bugs me the most -- people holding up their phones really high for extended periods -- didn't affect me.

regional bureau chief

"...my gift is the warmth I live my life with and the self reflection I share generously"