hotshot2am

[SINGLE] Say Yes To Heaven + Sped Up Remix + 7" Picture Disc - OUT NOW

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Wait for Life confirmed that it wasn’t part of a deluxe for OB, that it was a standalone single.

good but also bad at the same time, i didn't want it to be part of OB but i don't want it to be a standalone single either, rather a lead single with an unreleased album/collection announcement

2 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

they did bar from a sad melancholy masterpiece into a happy song with these absolutely non suitable meh lyrics killing absolutely all vibe and making it The worst released lanas song to date, yes they ruined it and Jack has no mercy for destroying lfl deluxe and kept The original superior song away from us, a loss:smh:

i wouldn't say they made tnbar "happy". it went from accusatory to regretful. its like the first version is the fresh emotions she feels as she leaves but by the new version she reassessed their relationship and wishes she never left. at least that's how it cones off to me.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

6 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

you just say shit :emma:

Oh god forebid we share our opinions, I said it then and I’ll reaffirm it now- sounds like some “red” outtake, she doesn’t usually do boyfriend bashing songs in that way and the tropical pop elements make me dislike the song even more 

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

the only difference between the two versions are literally just the lyrics, how does a song go from impeccable to awful just because of lyric changes?

very easily, it ruins the whole listening experience, the whole genius moody and melancholy verses and then unnecessary happy chorus, it feels like carelessly and basically written, it feels wrong and no other lana song makes me feel like this, or maybe i just like this song very much and this is very obvious for me, but honestly ive hardly ever seen anyone who would choose tnbar over bar 

51 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

Btw can you summarize me this whole alleged LFL deluxe situation? I don’t think I was here when it was revealed 

there was lust for life deluxe planned where would have been Best american record and some other unknown lfl stuff but she cancelled it:defeated:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

3 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

God forbid we share wrong opinions* :lanahottie:

Unfortunately music is subjective but you can take that up with the opinion police :oprah3:

I will say if anything though it clearly belonged on NFR rather than LFL because of its obvious summer vibe and the lyrical changes were for the better 

21 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

i wouldn't say they made tnbar "happy". it went from accusatory to regretful. its like the first version is the fresh emotions she feels as she leaves but by the new version she reassessed their relationship and wishes she never left. at least that's how it cones off to me.

yes i agree and im very happy she went these personal stages and after BOZ spilled a bit about this song in january i went easy on it but i swear this chorus just simply bad and doesnt suit the mood of the whole song, again, maybe its very obvious for me because i really like this song

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

3 minutes ago, God&Monster said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the “honeymoon” version of SYTH is the superior one?

it’s my fav too :wub: the drums are immaculate :true: plus the instrumental during the bridge??? :wowcry:

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Oh god forebid we share our opinions, I said it then and I’ll reaffirm it now- sounds like some “red” outtake, she doesn’t usually do boyfriend bashing songs in that way and the tropical pop elements make me dislike the song even more 

oh yes taylor swift is the only artist to ever criticize ex-boyfriends in her songs. its not like carly simon and stevie nicks were doing that long before taylor or lana were ever born. nope, just taylor. every other artist who even thinks about writing a song criticizing their ex is just copying taylor. 

30 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

there was lust for life deluxe planned where would have been Best american record and some other unknown lfl stuff but she cancelled it:defeated:

do we have real proof of this other than some anonymous "insider" saying this? i'm just a little suspicious since lana famously hates deluxe editions and hasn't released one since ultraviolence.