hotshot2am

[SINGLE] Say Yes To Heaven + Sped Up Remix + 7" Picture Disc - OUT NOW

1 hour ago, Jared said:

Ben and Ed clearly have no respect for Lana as an artist. All these gimmicks (sped-up versions, remixes, 4 versions of the same vinyl...) are the side effects of Dua Lipa leaving their managment. Lana should follow her steps.

they don’t even know how to do gimmicks properly…the sped up version is not at all the tiktok aesthetic one, instead it sounds like alvin and the chipmunks. and the remix is simply laughable. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

9 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

it made 580k in march when it was originally released on spotify illegaly (and Lana wasn't tagged yet)

they now re-relased it officialy and took back the original file with streams gained back in march, just changed the cover and tags to include Lana

17th march is actually the actual date the remix was released on spotify but was taken down due to copyright strike 

The illegal upload is from April 26, in March it was only uploaded to Soundcloud: https://open.spotify.com/album/7cOYMlDXp28Bg5KpoFWSOB

Your explanation makes sense, but I'm still confused where the streams went because the track was incredibly stable until yesterday.

13 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

it made 580k in march when it was originally released on spotify illegaly (and Lana wasn't tagged yet)

they now re-relased it officialy and took back the original file with streams gained back in march, just changed the cover and tags to include Lana

17th march is actually the actual date the remix was released on spotify but was taken down due to copyright strike 

Oh I didn’t realize those 500k streams were from when it was up illegally. Then I don’t think that the new remix messed with the streams of the regular version. 

1 hour ago, hotshot2am said:

https://twitter.com/chartlana/status/1666865203844087810

The remix wasn't shared anywhere on social media and it was hidden on Spotify due to the wrong release date. No way it made 600k streams.

now the remix has 584k, just a small gain

the massive drop in streams for the original song is very strange

maybe there was some confusion or miscalculation and the numbers will be back tomorrow

3 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

The illegal upload is from April 26, in March it was only uploaded to Soundcloud: https://open.spotify.com/album/7cOYMlDXp28Bg5KpoFWSOB

Your explanation makes sense, but I'm still confused where the streams went because the track was incredibly stable until yesterday.

is there any way to check how many streams it had when it was taken down from spotify?

2 hours ago, Jared said:

Ben and Ed clearly have no respect for Lana as an artist. All these gimmicks (sped-up versions, remixes, 4 versions of the same vinyl...) are the side effects of Dua Lipa leaving their managment. Lana should follow her steps.

i hate those various covers but i think it's taylor swift impact honestly :bebe:

having remixes being released of your song is normal..... UV has it... i think LFL single was the last one :bebe:

i dont listen to them anyways :bebe:

Edited by CHATEAU MARMONT
quotes have been merged thats ugly :C

3 hours ago, Jared said:

I don't think Ben and Ed did something against Lana's will. They are probably trying something out to improve her chart performance, as she has had some problems in the past reaching enough listeners for her new music.

4 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

Oh I didn’t realize those 500k streams were from when it was up illegally. Then I don’t think that the new remix messed with the streams of the regular version. 

Twitter says the song actually rose in streams yesterday ~2.6M

Why didn’t they just release the remix normally on Friday? Instead of unhiding a song that was pulled and uploaded back in March???? It missed all NMF playlists which is a huge exposure.

They still haven’t fixed it. The song will exit the global charts soon :rip:. Weekends coming up. I’m not sure if the streams are merged with the remix or the streams from the version attached the remix aren’t counted?

How will Spotify revert this :awkney:? Are streams lost forever?

I’m checking songstats and the remix isn’t even recognized on their system. It literally doesn’t exist. The remix isn’t on any playlist at all which is very weird.

https://songstats.com/artist/1z7lo53g/lana-del-rey

16 hours ago, x VB said:

Let's hope Tiktok finds Dark Paradise (Radio Edit). I need it on Spotify :pray2:

Its actually on Spotify but its blocked almost everywhere i think :rip: All her team gotta do is just make it available again lol https://open.spotify.com/album/65v0g1r9eIHokn4TFViXJT?si=zW36qAHAQW6gcbh8BiHAZQ

3 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Why didn’t they just release the remix normally on Friday? Instead of unhiding a song that was pulled and uploaded back in March???? 

They still haven’t fixed it. The song will exit the global charts soon :rip:. Weekends coming up. I’m not sure if the streams are merged with the remix or the streams for the additional version attached the remix aren’t counted?

How will Spotify revert this :awkney:? Are streams lost forever?

I’m checking songstats and the remix isn’t even recognized on their system. It literally doesn’t exist. 

https://songstats.com/artist/1z7lo53g/lana-del-rey

There’s no “additional version” attached. They’re both the same version, Spotify just adds other singles to the albums to boost streams even if they’re not there originally 

On 6/9/2023 at 9:20 PM, venicebitch said:

There’s no “additional version” attached. They’re both the same version, Spotify just adds other singles to the albums to boost streams even if they’re not there originally 

The same thing happened with “Peaches” back in April. The one charting on Spotify chart showing a different cover to the one on Jack Black’s page. Both of them had separate streams too but they were actually the same song just a single version and one attached to an album. It’s now fixed.

Now, the Lana song has the same streams but something is messed up clearly. The song on TTH is still showing the praying cover. The drop in stream was not normal. It’s not the first time multiple versions causing glitches on Spotify.

This could also be a reason why it’s dropping:

In short, tacking on a newer release SYTH (May, 19th) to an older release that was hidden is causing some sort of change in algorithm. Her team is truly wonderful, very smart, and very savvy. What they should’ve done is upload the remix “album” along with STYH as a new release and instead of unhiding it like that. They quite literally killed the momentum of the song with this wack release.

29 minutes ago, florida kilos said:

Its actually on Spotify but its blocked almost everywhere i think :rip: All her team gotta do is just make it available again lol https://open.spotify.com/album/65v0g1r9eIHokn4TFViXJT?si=zW36qAHAQW6gcbh8BiHAZQ

No way. Why is her team so dumb? West Coast Radio Mix and Flipside are blocked too :crai: 

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

1 hour ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

It is an additional version. The same thing happened with “Peaches” back in April. The one charting on Spotify chart showing a different cover to the one on Jack Black’s page. Both of them had separate streams too but they were actually the same song just a single version and one attached to an album. It’s now fixed.

Now, the Lana song has the same streams but something is messed up clearly. The song on TTH is still showing the praying cover. The drop in stream was not normal. It’s not the first time multiple versions causing glitches on Spotify.

yeah and since it has the same amount of streams its not another version but clearly the same file?