Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,052 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

2 minutes ago, American Whore said:

Let the light in seems like such a classic Lana track. It's cinematic, the melody is very beatles-y, very 60s/70s. It's just so fucking good. If she did more songs like it on the next album i'd be absolutely happy. It seems like what LFL should've been, Tomorrow Never Came. I like that song just fine, but this seems like a more perfected sound like that. 

Full agree. 

Just now, American Whore said:

Let the light in seems like such a classic Lana track. It's cinematic, the melody is very beatles-y, very 60s/70s. It's just so fucking good. If she did more songs like it on the next album i'd be absolutely happy. It seems like what LFL should've been, Tomorrow Never Came. I like that song just fine, but this seems like a more perfected sound like that. 

Yes!

I hear the similarities between Let the light in and tomorrow never came, but i just think FJM is more charismatic and thats what made Let the light in better. I also feel there are so many similarities between this album and FJM's writing tyle in general. And im loving it as a huge FMJ fan myself!

21 minutes ago, TerrenceOnKilos said:

my mother looking for ways to get massively canceled a second time :flutter:

Ur mom will be fine. A pandemic won’t last longer than three years. :flutter:

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

2 minutes ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

Another hot take: She is still often photographed out in public wearing a mask where a lot of celebs stopped. I don’t think the lyric is a big deal like this literally happened to me….😭 we were both vaccinated and I found out he caught COVID from somewhere, surprised I didn’t catch it lmao

Her wearing a mask might be just to keep public eye off of her when she's out doing mundane things. It might make it easier for her to go out and not get bombarded with paparazzi. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, margaret soty said:

no one cares about the "white woman" line.
no one cares about the "COVID" line.
only here they made drama about it the first time 😭

none of those lyrics were written in an offensive way.

Exactly 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

6 minutes ago, missamericatrash said:

Yes!

I hear the similarities between Let the light in and tomorrow never came, but i just think FJM is more charismatic and thats what made Let the light in better. I also feel there are so many similarities between this album and FJM's writing tyle in general. And im loving it as a huge FMJ fan myself!

Same here! I'd been BEGGING for a collab between the two of them since like... 2014 or around the time ILYH came out and then he popped up in the Freak video and then we got Coachella which was about being at a show of his with his wife in the crowd and then all interaction seemed to stop.... until LAST YEAR AND THEN WE TRULY ATE THIS YEAR :beyonce:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, American Whore said:

Same here! I'd been BEGGING for a collab between the two of them since like... 2014 or around the time ILYH came out and then he popped up in the Freak video and then we got Coachella which was about being at a show of his with his wife in the crowd and then all interaction seemed to stop.... until LAST YEAR AND THEN WE TRULY ATE THIS YEAR :beyonce:

It makes me wonder if she is still close with his wife emma! 

(I also find myself wondering if she is still close with Stella or Jamie King -random i know)

I know majority of us do not like him - me personally I do agree with some points he makes on his more recent reviews lately - but I uploaded excerpts of Anthony Fantano reacting to some few tracks of Ocean Blvd from yesterday’s stream.  Overall, he has rated all singles on his “Best Music of the Week” as well as complimenting every track he’s heard so far… 

Anyways, here ya go if you wanna watch. 

Just now, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

I know majority of us do not like him - me personally I do agree with some points he makes on his more recent reviews lately - but I uploaded excerpts of Anthony Fantano reacting to some few tracks of Ocean Blvd from yesterday’s stream.  Overall, he has rated all singles on his “Best Music of the Week” as well as complimenting every track he’s heard so far… 

Anyways, here ya go if you wanna watch. 

thanks <3  I'm gonna watch right away 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

thanks <3  I'm gonna watch right away 

of course! sorry i couldn’t upload the whole clips. but he doesn’t say anything while he and chat listens to the songs. Also yes, chat loved the tracks as well. 

30 minutes ago, TerrenceOnKilos said:

my mother looking for ways to get massively canceled a second time :flutter:

I actually love this reference. And in Violets for roses about masks off. And when she references vaping. Mom is documenting history.

When she is studied in like 100 years, it will be like me when i was in English university classes trying to understand concepts of different periods 

3 minutes ago, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

of course! sorry i couldn’t upload the whole clips. but he doesn’t say anything while he and chat listens to the songs. Also yes, chat loved the tracks as well. 

I would've loved to see the whole thing, but based on that and the fact that he has liked every single she released I'm sensing a strong 8, perhaps?

your pfp on twitter scared the shit out of me btw:pout:

i just saw taylor swift last night giving lana promo and whatnot at her show. i love that she loves lana. the way she spoke about lana was so adorable

giphy.gif

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

I would've loved to see the whole thing, but based on that and the fact that he has liked every single she released I'm sensing a strong 8, perhaps?

This is what I’m thinking as well. Because I noticed a trend for Fantano - he likes very cohesive sounding records and he is not a fan of long albums. With that said, an 8 or 7 would probably be his overall score. but who knows. 

12 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

no one cares about the "white woman" line.
no one cares about the "COVID" line.
only here they made drama about it the first time 😭

none of those lyrics were written in an offensive way.

literally no one cares, lana stans are the ones who set her up 90% of the time

3 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

your pfp on twitter scared the shit out of me btw:pout:

also sorry for the PFP!! lmaoo it’s my account where i talk shit LMFAOOO!