Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

My bf said this is like her worst album and that she put no efforts into her lyrics this time around. I’m like….????? Hello?? Fingertips? Kintsugi?? I think he just doesn’t get it. His favorites seem to be NFR and Born to Die, and he also likes LFL and HM. He said the only good song on Tunnel is Let the Light In. Idk… he was upset when he heard I bought like four different vinyl variations. Funny how this is the same guy who, years ago in 2019, held up the phone to record the show seeing Lana at the Greek Theatre when my wrists got tired. Totally supportive. Now he could take her or leave her. I guess the QFTC made him wary. Whatever. I still like this album so that’s all that matters to me. Relationships suck yo 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

3 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

My bf said this is like her worst album and that she put no efforts into her lyrics this time around. I’m like….????? Hello?? Fingertips? Kintsugi?? I think he just doesn’t get it. His favorites seem to be NFR and Born to Die, and he also likes LFL and HM. He said the only good song on Tunnel is Let the Light In. Idk… he was upset when he heard I bought like four different vinyl variations. Funny how this is the same guy who, years ago in 2019, held up the phone to record our show seeing Lana at the Greek Theatre when my wrists got tired. Totally supportive. Now he could take her or leave her. I guess the QFTC made him wary. Whatever. I still like this album so that’s all that matters to me. Relationships suck yo 

Did you buy the vinyls with your own money? Tell him that you're allowed to spend money on things that make you happy. 

Also, the album seems to be a grower for some people so tell him to give it another listen.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

7 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

There was no confirmation but I believe that word is "lineage".

this might be possible - maybe she meant that her family history would explain "everything" considering on the same live stream she talked about the word on she also said that she gets worried people are going to investigate into her lineage and "bring things up" ? idk

6 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

My bf said this is like her worst album and that she put no efforts into her lyrics this time around. I’m like….????? Hello?? Fingertips? Kintsugi?? I think he just doesn’t get it. His favorites seem to be NFR and Born to Die, and he also likes LFL and HM. He said the only good song on Tunnel is Let the Light In. Idk… he was upset when he heard I bought like four different vinyl variations. Funny how this is the same guy who, years ago in 2019, held up the phone to record the show seeing Lana at the Greek Theatre when my wrists got tired. Totally supportive. Now he could take her or leave her. I guess the QFTC made him wary. Whatever. I still like this album so that’s all that matters to me. Relationships suck yo 

when u know u know, but paris texas KKjdNLM.png

UV/Honeymoon

9 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

this is why u should never ask anyones opinion on anything :true: people love to ruin things

5 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

this might be possible - maybe she meant that her family history would explain "everything" considering on the same live stream she talked about the word on she also said that she gets worried people are going to investigate into her lineage and "bring things up" ? idk

Yes, she also said in a recent interview that theme of this album is family of origin and she sings "I'm doin' it for us, for our family line" at The Grants.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

5 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

this is why u should never ask anyones opinion on anything :true: people love to ruin things

This is why I like to keep things I love more to myself because it hurts to hear negative opinions on what you love, especially from people closest to you.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I still am struggling to place this album in my ranking. It’s definitely way up there though. I think it still feels too new / too early to tell. I can hardly even decide on my top 3 nowadays I just love everything so much lmao 

I feel like Ocean Blvd and Blue Banisters are her only albums that don’t have a noticeable theme/idea throughout them. 

Like she’s calling herself sweet on one song and then a whore on the next. That doesn’t mean it’s bad but I can’t pick out a consistent “storyline” 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

22 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Did you buy the vinyls with your own money? Tell him that you're allowed to spend money on things that make you happy. 

Also, the album seems to be a grower for some people so tell him to give it another listen.

I did, all my own money. He’s always afraid if I don’t save enough that we will one day be out on the streets, but why is it always my responsibility? I saved money specifically FOR the album release!! 

d4yQCBo.jpg
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

5 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

I feel like Ocean Blvd and Blue Banisters are her only albums that don’t have a noticeable theme/idea throughout them. 

Like she’s calling herself sweet on one song and then a whore on the next. That doesn’t mean it’s bad but I can’t pick out a consistent “storyline” 

i feel like it's just her stream of consciousness! 

17 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

Agreed. He hates everything anyway. I’ll just play the album by myself and enjoy it by myself. 

d4yQCBo.jpg

4 minutes ago, Favorite Ever said:

alright let's waltz this out H946egp.gif 
cus when u know, u know, when u know, u u know BhB64Qi.gif

"Margaret" is just a fucking beautifully simple and corny jazz gem and I love it for that.

Listen, I'm here for artists celebrating the love of their friends through music. Idgaf I love this song forever.

3 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

He’s always afraid if I don’t save enough that we will one day be out on the streets, but why is it always my responsibility?

If he's so afraid about not having enough money, tell him to work harder. Your money is none of his business (at least until your married)

(yes i'm aware i know nothing about your relationship or its implications but i hate when i read things like this they remind me of the shitty people i've worked so hard to cleanse my life of lmfaoo protect ur peace people  :agree:)

50 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

It‘s definitely something personal he has against her now cause the lyrics on this album are some of her best ever hahah but who cares as long as you like it and all the vinyl covers are gorgeous.