Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,073 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

7 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

It’s time to open the discussions regarding GPSTITOOSOTURIDHAGWOPFHXGQOEJF being the best song of all time 

The way it is one of the least streamed songs off the album is  literally a crime :tiffany4:

It's a career highlight :hottie:

j9Fpjea9OY.webp

"Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon."

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

Sadly we are a low IQ society so it makes sense 

a bit too intellectual for some…  

The realest thing I've read today :true:

j9Fpjea9OY.webp

"Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon."

It has become my second favourite album from her :flutter: If not for the damn pastor interlude, it’s skipless. It’s such a shame she removed Zodiac for the interlude: it could have become my number 1 album from her if she did.

16 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It has become my second favourite album from her :flutter: If not for the damn pastor interlude, it’s skipless. It’s such a shame she removed Zodiac for the interlude: it could have become my number 1 album from her if she did.

I think the instrumental of the Judah Interlude is actually great, so maybe you can replace that with the actual Interlude (if you haven't tried yet). Maybe that would be a compromise

But I agree with you that it's such a bummer she scrapped Zodiac. Sometimes I wish she would release one or two outtakes from her albums afterwards, that would it also make it easier for us to include them legally to her albums. But I guess she has her solid reasons for not  to do that.
Maybe one day we will be lucky and we will get the HQ unedited leak and can put that on the album

j9Fpjea9OY.webp

On 7/28/2024 at 1:05 AM, Lanaparadiserey said:

Me when I release a song without the stuff that makes it good

Its literally a cute hommage to  Knocking on Heavens Doors even with Lana on it, hahaha. Without Lana keeps being cute, but that guys voice just aint as captivating as hers.

Must admit that the live performance is great though!

This tracklist with good mixing and mastering…it would be her best album 

1. The Grants 
  2. Ocean Blvd
  3. Sweet
  4. A&W
  5. Zodiac 
  6. Candy Necklace
  7. Kintsugi 
  8. Fingertips
  9. Paris, Texas
  10. Three White Butterflies 
  11. Let The Light In
  12. Fishtail 
  13. Peppers
  14. Taco Truck

And not to be annoying but imagine if Mike Dean produced the last three tracks…legendary 

01. The Grants

02. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

03. A&W

04. Zodiac

05. Candy Necklace

06. Kintsugi

07. Fingertips

08. Sweet

09. Paris, Texas

10. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he’s deep‐sea fishing

11. Let The Light In

12. Margaret

:oprah3:

15 minutes ago, Eugene said:

01. The Grants

02. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

03. A&W

04. Zodiac

05. Candy Necklace

06. Kintsugi

07. Fingertips

08. Sweet

09. Paris, Texas

10. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he’s deep‐sea fishing

11. Let The Light In

12. Margaret

:oprah3:

I like this a lot tbh. Only Sweet feels like a filler 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it

pet96.gif pet96.gif pet96.gif

2 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

I like this a lot tbh. Only Sweet feels like a filler 

Well, actually I think it fits well after Fingertips because it's also about getting married and having kids.

Let’s be real, if she cut fishtail, peppers, and taco truck everyone would be saying she released another album full of ballads. i think there placement in the album is a little awkward since Margaret def feels more like a closer but I wouldn’t cut them off completely

the praise on this page is so deserved i listened to this front to back the other day on the plane and it really kinda makes her artistry on her earlier albums look a lil worse in comparison this shit is so fuckin good :true: like every song just. hits. so. hard. and it’s so well crafted INCLUDING judah smith interlude if you get it you get it idk what else there is to say that hasn’t been said like that song was for the arts not the charts and we should’ve known that by now i can’t believe she just like made this record randomly and wasn’t plotting this huge AOTY magnum opus while making it it’s crazy :oprah: luvvvvvv ocean blvd still obsessed 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

9 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

the praise on this page is so deserved i listened to this front to back the other day on the plane and it really kinda makes her artistry on her earlier albums look a lil worse in comparison this shit is so fuckin good :true: like every song just. hits. so. hard. and it’s so well crafted INCLUDING judah smith interlude if you get it you get it idk what else there is to say that hasn’t been said like that song was for the arts not the charts and we should’ve known that by now i can’t believe she just like made this record randomly and wasn’t plotting this huge AOTY magnum opus while making it it’s crazy :oprah: luvvvvvv ocean blvd still obsessed 

finally someone who understands :xcry:

Chemtrails Over The Country Club GIF by Lana Del Rey