Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Just now, mrborntolose said:

fever i’ll alwys love u. glad you enjoyed BDD513-B4-9-B5-E-4127-B9-A1-3-C57-D3-C22

hsppt to see you posting again too b 

C93-F2-B64-10-F1-4-B38-A0-B9-EA11-E5-B47

honestly haven't been able to listen as intently, i'm on kintsugi rn, and it's a nice serene moment. pepper's been on replay,

n thanks, nice seein ya interact on here too :') 

Spoiler

kintsugi's gettin good imma space out w the music one sec sksksksksks

UV/Honeymoon

PEPPERS?!?!?!?!?! OMG. spicccyyyyyy fssss but omg the baseeee

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

IM VIBING SOOO HARDD HANDS ON MY KNEES LIKE IM ANGELINA JOLIE GIRLLLL YUO MHMHMHMH

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

9 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

what's everyone's analysis of the Rockefeller line in candy necklace? like its so random, how does it relate to the rest of the song?

and on that note, what exactly is the song about :eek2:

i think it's Rockefeller as in the richest businessman of all time (look it up) and she's using it as a reference to a type of person that she is singing about, similarly to how the "Harvey's in the sky" line in Cola isn't actually about Harvey Weinstein, but more about the image of a type of man Lana was trying to portray (as she said in an interview).. so I think it's hyperbolic like oo he's so rich etc and the fun lust part is the pre chorus and the beginning of the song but then at the end when Jon comes in it's like she's accepting it isn't good for her which she talked about in the second verse.. idk I've rambled a lot but it's a beautiful song

Just now, burthday kake said:

Caroliiiiiiine, what kind of was she to say I'd end up in institutions?

Hide contents

not actually rly digging this creative choice ngl but it’s not my business:thumb:

tbh it bugs me so much i think i'll replace it with the leaked version :eek: too bad the quality isn't that good

Can't get enough of Candy Necklace and Grandfather, they're so good.

I'm also falling in love with Taco, didn't see it coming honestly but that instrumental between the two parts hits me so hard. 

3 minutes ago, LetTheLightln said:

tbh it bugs me so much i think i'll replace it with the leaked version :eek: too bad the quality isn't that good

no def same.... like that line is SUCH a punch once it comes in considering in the first half of the song she mentions all her other family members by their "title" in a positive light- basically saying she wants to be with them in life,death&whatever comes afterwards... "will you be there with me father, sister brother?" "give me a mausoleum with dad, grandma, grandpa" so you start to anticipate when patty will b addressed n once she she is..yeah like i said !! A PUNCH !!

WHAT KIND OF MOTHER WAS SHE:scream:

fingertips sounds like a garden at night, with a pill shaped gazebo near a fountain, sounds like an intergalactic space opera where the heroine just wakes up from a coma and realizes the time she lost... 

7 minutes ago, jadee said:

IM VIBING SOOO HARDD HANDS ON MY KNEES LIKE IM ANGELINA JOLIE GIRLLLL YUO MHMHMHMH

yeeeeeeeeeeeeees GHeenvJ.gif

this album's got me compartmentalizing too much

UV/Honeymoon

Just now, Rico25 said:

So, what's with the Monaco story? :diva:

I know it's been discussed before :mj:

if you go back in my posts i've made several INCREDIBLY LONG posts in a row explaining my in depth analysis of the lyrics including that one with pictures and videos of the performance as well.. it'll be a lot of scrolling but I did explain what it was outside of the spoiler tags so it should be searchable  :deadbanana: