Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Just now, burthday kake said:

z641d4ac054f51.gif

Ā 

Our minds . We really posted this lyric at the same timeĀ :dance:

stars in my eyes

Ā  Ā āŠ¹Ėšā‹† š’ƒš’‚š’ƒš’š š’ƒš’š’–š’†š’” ā€§ā‚ŠĀ°Ā  Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™ve listening to the album once, I just finished. Iā€™ll definitely need to give it more listensĀ and give myself more time to fully absorb each track. As of right now, my top five are-

1. A&W

2. Fingertips

3. title track

4. Candy Necklace

5. Peppers

Ā 

Iā€™m logging out for the night, Iā€™m actually on a lil vacation so I shouldnā€™t be up right now haha. This album is so magical and I canā€™t wait to continue to discuss it !ā™”Ā 

stars in my eyes

Ā  Ā āŠ¹Ėšā‹† š’ƒš’‚š’ƒš’š š’ƒš’š’–š’†š’” ā€§ā‚ŠĀ°Ā  Ā 

Ā 

I know we've just got a new album but is it too early to anticipate LDR10?Ā :krylie:

@WHORE OF TROPICO Ā  ā‡Ø Ā  @SALVAWHOREĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFsĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon ā€” ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Ā 

Blue Banisters and Chemtrails were so clearly transitional records now in hindsight. Without them, the excellence of this record would not be possibleĀ :oprah:Ā it just took her a couple of Beautifulā€™s and Wildflower Wildfireā€™s to get there

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gifĀ gmgif.gifĀ morrissey-flowers.gif

Can we talk about how superiorĀ the instrumentals are on the interludes?? Why the hell didnā€™tĀ she use them on her own songsĀ :trisha:

13.04.2018 RomeĀ - Lana wore my hat!Ā 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Blue Banisters and Chemtrails were so clearly transitional records now in hindsight. Without them, the excellence of this record would not be possibleĀ :oprah:Ā it just took her a couple of Beautifulā€™s and Wildflower Wildfireā€™s to get there

Donā€™t you dare disrespect Wildflower Wildfire

Been listening to the album nonstop for 3 hours. I just fell in love with it immediately!Ā it's still too early to rank it, but I have a feeling it will fall around #2-5 after time passes by.Ā My favorite tracks are Paris Texas (it sounds so dreamy and retro), A&W, Peppers (does anyone else hear bits that sound a little likeĀ Kinda Outta Luck and Last Girl On Earth?), Taco Truck x VB,Ā Candy Necklace (this one feels like a continuation of Cinnamon Girl in a way), Ocean Blvd, Fishtail, and Grandfather.Ā 

:sluttybunny:šŸŒ§ļø

YALL MB ITS RELEASED GLOBALLY LMAOOO šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ it wasnt midnight for me yet and my dad made me finish our movie before i listened BUT IM ON SWEET RIGHT NOW AND ITS SO PRETTY!?!?!?!?! ITĀ DEF SOUNDS LIKE A PARADISE SONGĀ PARADISE AWWĀ :hdu:

Ā Ā 0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

Ā 

ļ½„ļ¾Ÿļ½”ā˜…ļ½”ļ¾Ÿļ½„Ā ššš§š š°š”šØ š¢'šÆšž š›šžšžš§ š¢š¬ š°š¢š­š” š²šØš® šØš§ š­š”šžš¬šž š›šžšššœš”šžš¬,Ā š²šØš®š« šÆšžš§š¢šœšž š›š¢š­šœš”, š²šØš®š« šš¢šž-š”ššš«š, š²šØš®š« š°šžššš¤š§šžš¬š¬ ļ½„ļ¾Ÿļ½”ā˜…ļ½”ļ¾Ÿļ½„

Ā 

The only "criticism" I have is the execution of that mother line in Fingertips. I can still hear it, but barely. Just seemed needless to censor and oddly paced in the attempt,Ā but it doesn't take away anything for me, really. Here's to hoping the uncensored version leaks in lossless eventually.

There's a lot I want to say, but I also come up short finding the right words.

I feel selfish and lucky to live in the exact pocket of the universe that allows me to experience, shift, grow, and heal with this moment.

Despite all the polarization surrounding this album and the one before, I've gotten everything I wanted and more.

I love this more than I already knew I would.
Ā 

you guys i feel late as fuck

Ā Ā 0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

Ā 

ļ½„ļ¾Ÿļ½”ā˜…ļ½”ļ¾Ÿļ½„Ā ššš§š š°š”šØ š¢'šÆšž š›šžšžš§ š¢š¬ š°š¢š­š” š²šØš® šØš§ š­š”šžš¬šž š›šžšššœš”šžš¬,Ā š²šØš®š« šÆšžš§š¢šœšž š›š¢š­šœš”, š²šØš®š« šš¢šž-š”ššš«š, š²šØš®š« š°šžššš¤š§šžš¬š¬ ļ½„ļ¾Ÿļ½”ā˜…ļ½”ļ¾Ÿļ½„

It's kind of how iconic how completely different the first 3 songs are to the last 3.Ā Ā :defeated:

Ā 

Going from PeppersĀ to Sweet on shuffle was wild.

1 hour ago, lanascarlitos said:

candy necklace snuck up on ME.

i was disappointed at first

but how can i go from not liking a song to being OBSESSED?

the magic that is LDR

:hide:

Ā 

Ā 

This! I disliked it at first too, and now while I'm having one of thoseĀ sleepless nights, I'veĀ been playing on loop non-stop and it's def one of my favorite songs ever by herĀ :facepalm:Ā Like, wut @my mindĀ