fishtails

Newport, RI @ Newport Folk Fest - July 30th, 2023

Just now, jaesana said:

Is there a livestream link or are we relying on instagram :/

Β I'm afraidΒ instagram is out only sourceΒ 

Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆ π‘€πš‘π‘–π‘‘π‘’ πš‘π‘œπ‘‘ π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘£π‘’π‘ŸΒ β‹† Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš

Β 4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

Β 

Just now, rocknrollgroupie said:

Watch him go live when she sings white mustang and stop when she starts a different song… we’re not very lucky most of the timeΒ 

I'll rage frΒ 

Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆ π‘€πš‘π‘–π‘‘π‘’ πš‘π‘œπ‘‘ π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘£π‘’π‘ŸΒ β‹† Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš

Β 

1 minute ago, sierramadre said:

Love that the backup singers are there, they really add so much, especially to the ballads where in the past she’s used a track.Β 
Β 

Jack is definitely going to play with her. My guess is Margaret, Hope, or Love song.Β 

I reallyΒ love them too, they add such a fullness to the songs, and it seems likeΒ Lana thrives off their energy. I love how she lets them go full 90s diva at the end of OceanΒ BlvdΒ :flutter:

Just now, Surf Noir said:

Β 

honestly i can't stand those dancers, she could be performing a song fingertips and they'd still be energetically shaking their asses :rip:Β 

They look so ridiculous ☠️ When it was justΒ Alex and Ashley together, it still felt organic and it was more tastefully done. I only think the new crew of dancers works well for Cherry - otherwise, it’s so jarring to see them do the splits to Video Games ☠️

1 minute ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Ok but why is Breaking Up Slowly actually really good- maybe I just don’t listen to it enoughΒ 

because is really good

'Cause I've been waiting, don't wanna face it
We're all alone now, how far will we take it?

Β 

Β 

1 minute ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Ok but why is Breaking Up Slowly actually really good- maybe I just don’t listen to it enoughΒ 

I would like it a lot ifΒ Nikki wasn’t on it:tommy:

i don’t like her voice

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:ο½₯

2 minutes ago, jaesana said:

it's 2023 and these festival aren't livestreaming.... criminal tbhΒ 

THIS. Like why?!

Β 

Just now, jaesana said:

i'll complain about this to the end of time fr

I'll join youΒ 

Β 

Just now, jaesana said:

sorry to be this person but anyone live yet? any links?

nop, not yet. lucarscola will go live in 10 minutes.Β 
Haven't seen anyone else say they'll go live as of yet.

Β 

6 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

i love how a lot of people are relistening to chemtrails and realizing that it's a masterpieceΒ :true:

Β 

24 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Yes actually lol I think it will be like the NFR Grammy museum showΒ 

no because I love that performance so muchΒ 

1 minute ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i love how a lot of people are relistening to chemtrails and realizing that it's a masterpieceΒ :true:

I have always loved track 1-8 but I don’t think I’ve given enough love to 9-11 because of the features.Β 

I guess this also belongs in the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I think Lana needs the help on stage. She's quite static on stage and her hardcore stans might think it's cute, but I remember seeing her back in 2014 and 2015--she was practically singing eyes closed for an hour and 15 minutes. Having the singers and dancers on stage helps her come out of her shell and divert attention. I much prefer the current format than the ones of years past. I saw her two weeks ago and it definitely was the elevated performance.Β :lanahairflip:
Β 

That being said, it does look a lil distressing during Video Games, but it's kinda camp, so idc.Β :blush3:

3 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

Β 

no because I love that performance so muchΒ 

It is so good. I actually love breaking up slowlyΒ 

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

πšŠπš—πš πš’πš— πšπš‘πšŠπš πš–πš˜πš–πšŽπš—πš πš’ πšπšŽπšŒπš’πšπšŽπš 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 πš—πš˜πšπš‘πš’πš—πš, πšŠπš‹πš˜πšžπš πšŽπšŸπšŽπš›πš’πšπš‘πš’πš—πš