fishtails

Newport, RI @ Newport Folk Fest - July 30th, 2023

5 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I guess this also belongs in the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I think Lana needs the help on stage. She's quite static on stage and her hardcore stans might think it's cute, but I remember seeing her back in 2014 and 2015--she was practically singing eyes closed for an hour and 15 minutes. Having the singers and dancers on stage helps her come out of her shell and divert attention. I much prefer the current format than the ones of years past. I saw her two weeks ago and it definitely was the elevated performance. :lanahairflip:

That being said, it does look a lil distressing during Video Games, but it's kinda camp, so idc. :blush3:

I was just talking about this. I wouldn't say she needs it because I love her solo act but it makes her really nervous. She definitely looks more confident and comfortable when the girls are with her on stage. And yes she still gets a little nervous at times but that's normal. progress is definitely evident tho.
I did however note that some of the choreo should be toned-down because it's a little too much and also makes it obvious that Lana can't dance to save her life. At times, it get a little chaotic and there's too much happening. 

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

7 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I guess this also belongs in the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I think Lana needs the help on stage. She's quite static on stage and her hardcore stans might think it's cute, but I remember seeing her back in 2014 and 2015--she was practically singing eyes closed for an hour and 15 minutes. Having the singers and dancers on stage helps her come out of her shell and divert attention. I much prefer the current format than the ones of years past. I saw her two weeks ago and it definitely was the elevated performance. :lanahairflip:

That being said, it does look a lil distressing during Video Games, but it's kinda camp, so idc. :blush3:

yeah i like the dancers too, the stage looks fuller and lana really seems to enjoy them with her

2 minutes ago, Lanaspoisonivy said:

I was just talking about this. I wouldn't say she needs it per se, bit she definitely looks more confident and comfortable when the girls are with her on stage. 
I did however note that some of the choreo should be toned-down because it's a little too much and also makes it obvious that Lana can't dance to save her life. At times, it get a little chaotic and there's too much happening. 

Exactly, might look a bit chaotic at times, and it definitely works great with certain songs and perhaps not so great with others, but ultimately you're looking at Lana most of the time.:oprah3:

People who complain about the dancers and say only 2 were enough most probably complained about those 2 dancers before :rip: 

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

Exactly, might look a bit chaotic at times, and it definitely works great with certain songs and perhaps not so great with others, but ultimately you're looking at Lana most of the time.:oprah3:

It's the first round of shows they're doing with any sort of choreography. Surely they will modify if and when a tour is announced. 
Wonder how that will work today considering the stage is tiny. Doubt there's enough space. 

3 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

When she sings Take Me Home, Country Roads. :hdu:

10 min????

when she sings take me home, country roads, and announces the sextuple album release of AKA, unreleased demos, american standards and classics, pacific blue, the folk covers album, the country covers album, and the collab album with nikki lane mammavette-stan-twitter.gif

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

1 minute ago, rocknrollgroupie said:

Ok so lemme start with these…

When she enters the stage and goes I’ve been wearing the same damn clothes for three damn days :crai:

and then i die

When she enters the stage and goes I’ve been wearing the same damn clothes for three damn days :crai:

Please... I'll scream 

listening to breaking up slowly to prepare for the folk country oh say can you see performance of the century

we might be breaking up after this song... tenor.gif

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

While wearing Zimmerman and getting her hair done on stage for 10 of her 60 mins :brows:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Just now, TropicoKitten said:

God this is so true:godlaugh2:

I love her so much, but she's only fit for club dancing. :shh2:
The rest of it should be left to Alex and the girls.