fishtails

Ultraviolence Anniversary UO Vinyl Repress

5 minutes ago, Xpoetryx said:

Everyone that didn‘t got a confirmation mail, don‘t panic. When i ordered the first stock the mail arrived an hour later. 
I panicked too cause they sent those emails out very quickly but it came.

(it was the german store)

did you not get an order # on the thank you screen either?

I’m gonna fucking burn down the house of whoever is in charge of sending out her store’s email notifications. Why send a restock notice after the restocks are all gone :sideeye:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

1 minute ago, rosemead ramada said:

I bet there will be a 3rd restock.... she's sold like at least 9k in the US alone now.... Interscope has no reason to keep this "limited" if they see how much of a cash cow this is

up to a point. Ppl will stop getting hyped if it’s mass available and spontaneously purchasing. We’re near that tipping point of supply/demand, so I think 3rd or 4th restock will be the last. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

1 minute ago, rosemead ramada said:

I bet there will be a 3rd restock.... she's sold like at least 9k in the US alone now.... Interscope has no reason to keep this "limited" if they see how much of a cash cow this is

Yeah there are definitely going to be multiple restocks from now until September. They should def limit it to under 10k tho

2 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

Hopefully for the next restock they actually send out confirmation emails :wtf2:

12 minutes ago, JonBatisteInterlude said:

did you not get an order # on the thank you screen either?

No. It was very glitchy and the site was just pink with a thank you note if i remember correctly

1 minute ago, Mer said:

up to a point. Ppl will stop getting hyped if it’s mass available and spontaneously purchasing. We’re near that tipping point of supply/demand, so I think 3rd or 4th restock will be the last. 

Kinda surprising seeing a pretty rare record become common. I’m all for repressing limited releases but they should definitely keep it under 10k because it no longer becomes a limited release 

Just now, Mer said:

There's also probably a limit to how much whatever factory is pressing these can deliver in September. This new restock is probably just them increasing their original production total with the factory. A third restock might require an entirely new third pressing, like how the third restock of the white Ocean Blvd vinyl was a second pressing (which btw, has that even started shipping yet? I'm curious if it will look exactly the same bc usually different pressings look a little different)

i wonder if the discs will be exactly the same colours as last time since different pressings of records sometimes comw out a little different. i also wondwr if the discs will be the same flimsy quality or if thwy'll be thicker bc lana hasn't released flimsy records in awhile now. these questions make me wonder if i should order one but thwn does any of that matter anyway? i have one from the original batch and i'm happy with it and i know it constantly getting sold out is the only reason my brains wanta me to order another

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

17 minutes ago, cherrycokes said:

Yeah there are definitely going to be multiple restocks from now until September. They should def limit it to under 10k tho

They must be already at or even over 10k with the first bunch alone. So probably we are at 20k now? 

It was expensive watch it 

I mean… i really want everyone who wants one to get one… but I really hate this new trend of advertising something as “limited” for it not really be limited:um2:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I think 20k pressings in the great scheme of things is limited, for an album as iconic as ultraviolence especially. I think the whole point of this was to get a highly sought after edition into more fans hands. She has done that:true: and of course the scalpers always get to them too but her team can only control that so much. 

1 hour ago, wilting daisy said:

how many was pressed for the original urban outfitters batch? was it more or less than the repressing?

No idea but based on the number of people on Discogs who claim to have it I'd estimate 12k-15k.

Edit: actually I'd estimate more like 10k-12k. A lot of people seem to have added it on their Discogs already even though they won't get it till September so my original estimate was probably too high.