fishtails

Ultraviolence Anniversary UO Vinyl Repress

Just now, Nectar Of The Puss said:

If it was a gatefold the og pressing would probably be less sought after ya know and it wouldn’t really be a repress then.

We do need a new gatefold for uv tho because the colour images r so good

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

I ordered on the day it came out on the fucking Austrian store and have NO UPDATES WHATSOEVER ever since is Universal in early hibernation here or what 😭 I‘m scared my order got cancelled without me knowing lol 

They look so beautiful though!!! more pictures I want to lust over this repress a little more who knows when mine is gonna ship :toofloppy: so happy for everyone who already received theirs <3 I love that comparison photo of the og and repress next to eachother:delish:

7 minutes ago, cyberbunnyboops said:

Do you know what they mean with „lines“? Like color streaks/swirls?

No clue, its true that near the center theres some lines on mine, that looks like the end of the vinyl grooves? But it doesnt interfere in anything

original.gif

I just got mine, it’s amazing! I am super happy with the colours and the sound! I only wished it was a gatefold and had the deluxe songs! Now I am super excited for the LfL repress as these are the only two albums I didn’t have in any physical form

1 hour ago, cyberbunnyboops said:

I think they're referring to the OG UO press' grooves looking a bit weird. I think it's to do with how thin the record itself is, or maybe it's just a US vinyl thing? I'm not sure as it's the only record I have from the US.

I don't have the new one on me to compare, the closest one I have is the chemtrails blue:

UV

img%5D

Chemtrails

img%5D

7 hours ago, cyberbunnyboops said:

It's probably the wax not melted evenly. Many vinyl seem to have those little marbles and lines from time to time.

I genuinely feel like they sent the exact same order as the og to the factory. Like the colour difference is only rlly because it’s so much thicker

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

I got the delay email and then yesterday, they sent me the Fedex tracking number, but it still hasn't actually shipped. Anyone else in the US, have this happen?

I'm really hoping they're using bigger boxes, now. When I got my 4 booby vinyls, all of them were damaged, because they squeezed 8 LP's worth of records into a box that says it's only rated for up to 6. Before you say anything about me ordering 4 of each, it's because I open one to play and one for display, at my arcade. The other 2, I give away as either gifts or prizes at the pinball tournaments that I run.

16 hours ago, williamprb said:

I genuinely feel like they sent the exact same order as the og to the factory. Like the colour difference is only rlly because it’s so much thicker

Not really.. the shade itself is noticeably different.

It's probably just because they were printed at different factories and different times, nothing they intentionally did

My alt Neil Krug cover of COCC that was Made in France vs Made in Canada have slightly different hues to them

(to clarify i'm talking about the covers themselves, not the vinyl)

Edited by rosemead ramada

On 9/30/2023 at 10:57 AM, Rural said:

am I the only one who thought that ‘surely’ they’d make this one a gatefold?

Probably not the only one but people into vinyl would have told you that this wouldn't be a gatefold. Designing and planning a new jacket costs time and money and it would be advertised as such in this case. Plus it would be a re-issue, not a re-press. :legend:

UPDATE: Universal Austria is not in early hibernation, I take everything back they shipped it perfectly timed and it would have arrived on the 29th had I been home lol I just picked it up from the post office :worship: I did NOT get any shipping notification per mail though so it was a mystery package to me :excited:

Yooooo, my Ultraviolence vinyl came with a small dent in one corner. Usually I wouldn't say anything but I wanted this particular vinyl in a flawfree condition. Wrote a mail and now they just sent my a shipping mail for a free one on top. Ive never done this before. My slay of the day!

20230929_180741.jpg?ex=651bf440&is=651aa2c0&hm=63822f8ac6231c236765fa6beb2a0843175a6bd25d8789d5edc77d4a13b76d24&

13 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

Was really expecting a bigger difference in the covers than a slight filter change after seeing all the comments about it :rip: 

You can barely notice it on the digital photos on lanapedia, I guess on paper is even harder to notice it.

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy