bluechemtrails

Slowdive

Hello Lanaboards Community!

Today I would like to introduce you to a band that I think is absolutely worth listening to: Slowdive. This British rock band was formed in Reading, Berkshire in 1989 and consists of Rachel Goswell (vocals and guitar), Neil Halstead (vocals and guitar), Christian Savill (guitar), Nick Chaplin (bass) and Simon Scott (drums). Slowdive is known for their unique dream-pop and shoegaze sound, which enjoyed great popularity in the 1990s.

The band has released four studio albums, three compilation albums, five EPs, five singles and four music videos. Their debut album "Just for a Day" was released in 1991. Although it initially received mixed reviews, their second album "Souvlaki" is now considered one of the best albums of the 1990s and one of the greatest shoegaze albums of all time.

Slowdive disbanded in 1995, but reunited in 2014 and performed at the Primavera Sound Festival in Barcelona. Since then they have been active and released their self-titled album "Slowdive" in 2017. 

Their sound is characterized by atmospheric harmonies, psychedelic guitar layers and ambient production. Influences range from folk rock to dub to ambient techno. The band members themselves name bands like Sonic Youth, Can, The Byrds and My Bloody Valentine as sources of inspiration.

Since we are all Lana Del Rey fans, I thought Slowdive might be an interesting addition to our musical discussions. You might like her dreamy sounds and fascinating melodies if you like Lana Del Rey's atmospheric songs.

In anticipation of their new single "Kisses" releasing in two days, check out some of their music on YouTube:

Let's discuss Slowdive here, share their albums, songs and influences, and maybe even find out if there's any overlap between Slowdive and Lana Del Rey fans. I look forward to hearing your opinions and thoughts!

Have fun exploring Slowdive! 🎶

s2017.jpg

Slowdive was my fave album in 2017, im so glad having a physical copy of this :flutter: 

true masters of rock :legend:

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

When i hear when the sun hits - especially the guitar intro riff … (or the guitar intro and solo in the greatest from nfr sometimes) - i always have this vision of an underdog brilliant singer who’s been slowly forgotten by the public (once very famous) and after years, she returned to sing live on tv for the very last time in her career… then she sang magnificently and giving it all because it is her last performance 

then the crowd gave her a standing ovation but even before being able to see the ovation she had turned her back from the stage - felt nothing/emptiness as usual while leaving the venue knowing the GP will never appreciate her

Before singing, she was visibly nervous rubbing her fingers and hands then looking down on the floor and left with nothing to say