lanasweetlikecinnamon

[POLL] Year You Became a Fan?

LANA'S FANS  

167 members have voted

1. 1. You follow Lana since?

13 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

That made me feel old, I remember being in the cinema when a promo for Born To Die came on and the whole theatre was filled with the start of Born To Die and then it switched to Video Games and my friend went “urgh have you heard of this girl? Sounds so depressing” and I was just sat there like 

Screen_Shot_2019-09-09_at_10.12.43_AM.jp

then I had to WAIT for the album to come out…there was BTD promo everywhere, on buses and all sorts and BTD (the song) was on the radio all the time:krylie:

That’s crazy… If I even went to the cinemas back when BTD was out I was probably watching Peppa Pig The Movie:rip:

11 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I’m curious to know what in Lana’s music that is appealing to kids that are about 10-12 years old, her lyrics and sound are far from what I liked when I was 10. I don’t think I’d even understand everything she’s singing about.

I started listening to Lana when I turned 13. I can't explain in detail because for me it's quite personal, but I share very similar experiences to her, especially in her teen years (eg growing up in a not so great environment, mental health, getting involved with older people, picking up vises, questioning everything) and then had to start over at 15. I felt understood, and then looked at how she navigated her way through it all and learned from her. 

I guess you can say I understood a lot more than I should have 

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

I was obsessed with BTD, video games and Summertime when I was 8. Those were the only songs I listened for months on my mini iPad. Ofc I didn’t understand a thing the lyrics were saying but her melancholic voice and the visuals of Ride hypnotized me. Eventually I got over the songs and forgot about her until 5 years later when I saw a picture of her at the beach in my country because she was headlining lollapalooza 2018 and I was like “WHAT? I know this bitch” and cried a lot bc I wanted to see her but it was impossible :trisha:   And now we’re here

4 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

Why did the title change? This is about when you became a fan not how old you are. 

they just made it more specific 

2 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

Why did the title change? This is about when you became a fan not how old you are. 

i mean idk about you but the current title screams alot more “when did you become a fan” than ‘LANA FANS’ :eartha:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

I first listened to Lana when I was like 12 because my cool cousin came over and I wanted her to think i'm cool too so I started casually playing the  Born to Die music video in front of her so that she would think i'm like super indie hipster artsy 

I started actually listening to her when I was around 15 and discovered Video Games

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

23 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

That’s crazy… If I even went to the cinemas back when BTD was out I was probably watching Peppa Pig The Movie:rip:

Peppa Pig was already a thing in 2012? I thought it was a recent thing, something from the late 2010s :um:

url%5D

Just now, Embach said:

Peppa Pig was already a thing in 2012? I thought it was a recent thing, something from the late 2010s :um:

theres an actual peppa pig theme park near where i live :air: 

wasnt it like mid 2000’s?

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

i mean idk about you but the current title screams alot more “when did you become a fan” than ‘LANA FANS’ :eartha:

LANA FANS was more camp and actually a bit more accurate though by it being ambiguous .:giggle:. I think the correct title is year you became a fan though haha. 

1 minute ago, ultrabanisters said:

theres an actual peppa pig theme park near where i live :air: 

wasnt it like mid 2000’s?

apparently the first ep was 2004. 

6 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

LANA FANS was more camp and actually a bit more accurate though by it being ambiguous .:giggle:. I think the correct title is year you became a fan though haha. 

idk i cant think straight rn i’ve been sat in the air on this plane for 12 hours now :hdu:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, The Siren said:

i was 14 in 2014 when i heard summertime sadness on the radio thinking it was a new cher song :deadbanana:

I laughed out loud omg ... just HOW :ohmy:

one of those people who found her bc of the SNL performance. everyone was shitting so badly on her but my 12 year old self instantly became obsessed. i remember printing out photos of the terry richardson shoot and taping them all over my middle school binder. i still remember her vividly announcing ultraviolence at the tropico premiere. 

1 minute ago, Candy Necklace said:

Became a fan at 13 in 2013. One of the first things I heard was So Legit

how did you even find it 😭