Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, TayLanaHoe said:

I’d actually enjoy seeing her work with someone like Aaron Dessner. I’ve always wanted Lana to do more of an indie-rock album (with a Lana flair obvs). I’m also a fan of The National and the magic he created with TS (Folklore/Evermore/Midnights 3AM).

I feel like they would make some interesting music together. Through in Dan as well (cause UV is honestly my FAV alongside NFR & BB) and I feel like they’d make magic

A Lana album with production similar to arcade fire would be super cool imo

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

if she were to go country i hope it would be more of a first aid kit type of sound. but what i’m really hoping for is a noise rock album like a sonic youth type of sound. or even just rockish like pj harvey. psychedelic could be cool too like fishmans. also bring back the world building, i would die for another honeymoon esque vanity project album

32 minutes ago, taco truck said:

A Lana album with production similar to arcade fire would be super cool imo

I'd actually love a Lana album produced by Markus Dravs now that you say that. The Suburbs is one of my favourite albums of all time. 

Also I like how we're speculating on potential producers when we know it's just going to be her 4th album with Jack. 

I'm not even a Jack hater either (I swear) but I just really want something different at this point. :(

if it's another chill chemtrails style album after ocean blvd that'd be cool too. of course i wanna hear something weird again and funky like a&w but i like how chill chemtrails was after nfr

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, American Whore said:

if it's another chill chemtrails style album after ocean blvd that'd be cool too. of course i wanna hear something weird again and funky like a&w but i like how chill chemtrails was after nfr

I honestly wouldn’t hate just a really fun upbeat 11-12 track album with a tropical trap vibe as long as we get it next year. If we have to wait 2 years I want at least 16 tracks tbh 

8 minutes ago, American Whore said:

I can't deal with another album full of piano ballads. If she does decide to do another "chill" album, I'll be praying for some acoustic guitar instead. 

I would LOVE some stuff from her that's reminiscent of her earlier May Jailer/Lizzy Grant stuff. Like, I've been listening to "A Star for Nick" a lot recently and it's so good. Has this calm, eerie, almost ethereal quality to it that I would love to see her go for again. I really loved the acoustic guitar in A&W too (not counting the end of the song, obviously) 

10 minutes ago, mermaidsparkle said:

Also I like how we're speculating on potential producers when we know it's just going to be her 4th album with Jack. 

I'm not even a Jack hater either (I swear) but I just really want something different at this point. :(

Same. I'd love for her to do something a bit outside of her comfort zone but I don't wanna get my hopes up:crai: there's a lot of genres she could be doing or drawing influences from that could make the next record really good/interesting.

Pretty much mpossible but, what if she did a disco inspired track? :creep:

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

tbh i miss when she would get inspired from different genres, but tried a new one each album, like BTD was hiphop UV rock and HM jazz but ever since NFR its kinda been the same thing, so yeah i hope she experiments more this time around

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

12 minutes ago, Velours said:

Same. I'd love for her to do something a bit outside of her comfort zone but I don't wanna get my hopes up:crai: there's a lot of genres she could be doing or drawing influences from that could make the next record really good/interesting.

Pretty much mpossible but, what if she did a disco inspired track? :creep:

Yeah, I don't see her going outside of her comfort zone. Lana is the Adam Sandler of music, and before anyone jumps me I don't mean this the way people might think. It's like, Adam Sandler has said that he generally prefers to stay in his comfort zone of making fun/easy movies with with best friends. He always casts all his besties in his movies, and never really does anything wildly different, and that's the way he prefers it. I think Lana is similar. You can see the same attitude with her backup singers and dancers too. They're her friends and she's comfortable with them, so she keeps them there despite all the jokes and complaints about them. I think once she makes friends with a producer she seems to become very reluctant to move on to someone else bc it's just more enjoyable for her to make music with someone she already likes and is comfortable with. Considering she's even good friends with Jack's wife at this point, I don't see her moving on from him anytime soon.

11 minutes ago, mermaidsparkle said:

I can't deal with another album full of piano ballads. If she does decide to do another "chill" album, I'll be praying for some acoustic guitar instead. 

I would LOVE some stuff from her that's reminiscent of her earlier May Jailer/Lizzy Grant stuff. Like, I've been listening to "A Star for Nick" a lot recently and it's so good. Has this calm, eerie, almost ethereal quality to it that I would love to see her go for again. I really loved the acoustic guitar in A&W too (not counting the end of the song, obviously) 

don't get me wrong, i love her earlier stuff but i think she's going down the weird more experimental path, given what Jack said. but chemtrails isn't only full of piano, there are tracks with guitar and i love those

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 minutes ago, mermaidsparkle said:

Yeah, I don't see her going outside of her comfort zone. Lana is the Adam Sandler of music, and before anyone jumps me I don't mean this the way people might think. It's like, Adam Sandler has said that he generally prefers to stay in his comfort zone of making fun/easy movies with with best friends. He always casts all his besties in his movies, and never really does anything wildly different, and that's the way he prefers it. I think Lana is similar. You can see the same attitude with her backup singers and dancers too. They're her friends and she's comfortable with them, so she keeps them there despite all the jokes and complaints about them. I think once she makes friends with a producer she seems to become very reluctant to move on to someone else bc it's just more enjoyable for her to make music with someone she already likes and is comfortable with. Considering she's even good friends with Jack's wife at this point, I don't see her moving on from him anytime soon.

I think that's true, especially as regarding commercial success, it's not necessary that she leaves her comfort zone 🙈 however, she's pretty good there anyway, so I don't want to complain. Other singers do the same (don't leave their comfort zone) but have less talented people around them, so we're lucky after all. 

It was expensive watch it 

14 minutes ago, mermaidsparkle said:

Yeah I gotchu, she has found a very comfortable and safe space with Jack + her team so it does leave her to stagnate a bit at times. She has found a very good peaceful spot in her life so I can 100% understand why she simply prefers to keep it that way until she feels ready to move on. Hopefully though she decides to experiment soon in the next record, I think Ocean Blvd. definitely is a good omen for her future records with more eerie vibes at times :legend:

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

5 minutes ago, American Whore said:

don't get me wrong, i love her earlier stuff but i think she's going down the weird more experimental path, given what Jack said. but chemtrails isn't only full of piano, there are tracks with guitar and i love those

You're right a couple songs on Chemtrails do have guitar but it is HEAVILY dominated by piano. Also most of the guitar on it is all played in major key, except for "Yosemite" and "Dark But Just A Game" which happen to be my favourite songs on the album. Major key just isn't to my personal taste, I study music theory and there are a lot of reasons for this and I could bore people to death giving an in depth explanation for it, but for the sake of simplicity I'll just say it always sounds a little too country music-ish to me, since C-Major, F-Major and G-Major are used a LOT in country music. I realize that's a totally subjective thing though and a lot of people love country music, and more power to them. 

11 minutes ago, Velours said:

Yeah I gotchu, she has found a very comfortable and safe space with Jack + her team so it does leave her to stagnate a bit at times. She has found a very good peaceful spot in her life so I can 100% understand why she simply prefers to keep it that way until she feels ready to move on. Hopefully though she decides to experiment soon in the next record, I think Ocean Blvd. definitely is a good omen for her future records with more eerie vibes at times :legend:

Yeah, for sure. I get that she probably doesn't want the drama and likes the peace she's found in her life, but sometimes that really can lead to less willingness to try things outside the box. I remember hearing that her and Dan really didn't get along and fought and argued a lot during the production of UV, but we sure ended up with a good album. You're right though, some of the tracks on Ocean Blvd have definitely made me hopeful that she might be willing to try something different again on the next record.