Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Piano ballads are never an issue for me and I will never blame Jack for them bc Lana has so many piano ballads in her discog that are AMAZING. I just don’t like the piano ballads with the really excessively poetic/unmelodic talk-singing type piano ballads. There will most likely be ballads, I just hope they are more like crazy for you, video games, hiab, and less like fingertips, bb, wfwf tbh:tsk:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, taco truck said:

Piano ballads are never an issue for me and I will never blame Jack for them bc Lana has so many piano ballads in her discog that are AMAZING. I just don’t like the piano ballads with the really excessively poetic/unmelodic talk-singing type piano ballads. There will be ballads, I just hope they are more like crazy for you, video games, hiab, and less like fingertips, bb, wfwf tbh:tsk:

When I think of ballads I don't love as much, I think of stuff like "beautiful" and "lmlylaw". I would love more music like fingertips melodically and lyrically 

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

44 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

the whole jack thing is so stupid because its not even his fault that the music he produces isn’t up to your standards.. like remember that LANA IS AN EXECUTIVE PRODUCER. jack is capable of creating anything and making it good (a&w among other songs for example), but ultimately it’s lana’s decision on what she wants her songs to sound like, even if it means it’s completely stripped (pink champagne and lmlylaw). shit on me all you want for saying this but there is truth to what i said

YOU TELL EM :gurl:

3 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

He is incredibly talented and I think A&W was just an example of his expertise. 

And also Venice Bitch, Cinnamon Girl, The Greatest, Dark but Just a Game, CHEMTRAILS (my love)… so many good examples

I honestly don't care THAT much who produces this album, I just rlly want more Drew Erickson

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

4 minutes ago, honeymooncd said:

When I think of ballads I don't love as much, I think of stuff like "beautiful" and "lmlylaw". I would love more music like fingertips melodically and lyrically 

I really don’t like fingertips but a strong melody is super important for me so that’s why I don’t like it and if it’s not as important for you I can see why people like it. But something I love about Lana is her gorgeous

melodies and to me that song is just the anti-thesis of the rest of her work… which makes sense and it’s kind of a cool idea it’s just not for me personally 

edit: also cannot stand the voice memo quality vocals:bebe: that is something i would really love to not be a thing on ldr10…

If there’s anything I’ve learned in my 12 years of being a fan, it’s that you can’t always tell what an album is going to be like with Lana before it’s released. Especially in these early stages - people have been preemptively shitting on certain genres for the last 3 album cycles and she’s always pulled through with sonic and lyrical surprises. 

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

If there’s anything I’ve learned in my 12 years of being a fan, it’s that you can’t always tell what an album is going to be like with Lana before it’s released. Especially in these early stages - people have been preemptively shitting on certain genres for the last 3 album cycles and she’s always pulled through with sonic and lyrical surprises. 

Ya tbh I never would’ve expected anything like peppers or fishtail on ocean blvd. We really have no idea.

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

I really don’t like fingertips but a strong melody is super important for me so that’s why I don’t like it and if it’s not as important for you I can see why people like it. But something I love about Lana is her gorgeous

melodies and to me that song is just the anti-thesis of the rest of her work… which makes sense and it’s kind of a cool idea it’s just not for me personally 

Weird that you say that because the melody of fingertips to me is one of the most memorable from Tunnel and the other day I was so shocked when I was singing the song that I remember the entire vocal line and lyrics without any issues. Fascinating how people view music differently and another example of Lana’s genuis 

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

True, but it's fun to speculate and get heated over nothing!

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

Just now, Let the Light In said:

I agree with Jack producing some of the best songs of her but I feel like they kinda started to inspire each other less with new albums. I feel like new producers will push her more for new inspiring sounds.

Inspiration can also come from comfort as well. She apparently values personal relationships a lot and they are a big part of her music. I don’t think we will get the same result if she sits with a complete stranger in the studio, however genius they are

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

4 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Inspiration can also come from comfort as well. She apparently values personal relationships a lot and they are a big part of her music. I don’t think we will get the same result if she sits with a complete stranger in the studio, however genius they are

Dan Auberbach was a good example of different producer inspiring her.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024