Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I can't tell if this album is gonna be fucking depression or fucking ecstatic

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

6 minutes ago, Jared said:

They also think rehiring Rick Nowels or some old producer will bring ''old Lana'' back, but it won't. Remember when Lana and Jack first got together and everyone thought it would sound like Melodrama? Or when she got with Mike Dean and they thought we would get electic guitars and synths? Time to wake up and smell the damn coffee! Lana is not some newbie anymore, she's fully in charge.

and the fact that many here hate Bartender... a song produced entirely by Rick Nowels & Lana.

I think they will never understand.

5 minutes ago, Jared said:

They also think rehiring Rick Nowels or some old producer will bring ''old Lana'' back, but it won't. Remember when Lana and Jack first got together and everyone thought it would sound like Melodrama? Or when she got with Mike Dean and they thought we would get electic guitars and synths? Time to wake up and smell the damn coffee! Lana is not some newbie anymore, she's fully in charge.

I feel like you guys take the most braindead takes and then use those and generalize towards everyone who wants her to work with different producers:smile2:

Just now, CinnamonGay said:

As long as she does include a lyric about the waffle house shift..

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Automated writing style back? New sessions with Jack earlier in the year? I continue to win. 

giphy.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

As I said in the other thread, her energy while in AL has been palpable. Love the spontaneity of this recording session. Super excited and finally feel like real pre release has begun for me. I love the more laid back jam session vibe and feel of this little visit to Shoals. Def think we got something special cooking here. Plus we already know she has been working on alt material even before. I know everybody is saying next year but ftw Lana, drop a new album by year end and blow us all away. Realistic though I'd say spring or summer of next year! I can still work with that.

Just now, DLT said:

As I said in the other thread, her energy while in AL has been palpable. Love the spontaneity of this recording session. Super excited and finally feel like real pre release has begun for me. I love the more laid back jam session vibe and feel of this little visit to Shoal. Def think we got something special cooking here. Plus we already know she has been working on alt material even before. I know everybody is saying next year but ftw Lana, drop a new album by year end and blow us all away. Realistic though I'd say spring or summer of next year! I can still work with that.

she needs to pull another cottcc x bb situation. 

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

Honestly, I have zero expectations. Anytime I have expectations about anything I get disappointed because of my unrealistically high standards and then I can’t properly enjoy whatever it is I was looking forward to. Especially with Lana music, because my nostalgia clouds my judgment. If I had had zero expectations about ocean Blvd I can tell you right now I would’ve loved it so much more. I’m going to (unsuccessfully) try not to speculate about these new recordings :rollin:

Love how organic and loose everything has been for the start of this era she’s doing what she wants without pressure from the pop girlies who are so eager to fit her in a certain bubble whether it’s sonically, lyrically, producer-wise or whatever if she wants to use some random small producer or musician from bumblefuck Arkansas I live for it and I’ll be here to listen if anything this will weed out the girlies who realize they no longer want to be a fan unpopular opinion maybe but I truly stan for life :hottie:

Just now, Surf Noir said:

are we still fucking fighting about who's producing or what the music will sound like? :eyeroll2:

I could not tell you a single thing that is going on rn

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

1 minute ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Love how organic and loose everything has been for the start of this era she’s doing what she wants without pressure from the pop girlies who are so eager to fit her in a certain bubble whether it’s sonically, lyrically, producer-wise or whatever if she wants to use some random small producer or musician from bumblefuck Arkansas I live for it and I’ll be here to listen if anything this will weed out the girlies who realize they no longer want to be a fan unpopular opinion maybe but I truly stan for life :hottie:

yess!!! she got to a point where she does whatever she wants and doesn't care what other people will think about it. i really love this and i really love the vibes she's giving lately 

3 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Period.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I'm ready for organic and free songs like "white dress" and "ride" (this might not make sense to a lot of ppl, but it makes sense to me)

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

3 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Period lol! Agree completely. I'm locked in for anything she does. It's just so funny how she doesn't even try but has fans and her own contemporaries constantly in a chokehold. Talent wins!

Just now, honeymoon is alive said:

yess!!! she got to a point where she does whatever she wants and doesn't care what other people will think about it. i really love this and i really love the vibes she's giving lately 

So true bestie honestly I can’t believe we’re still wasting our energy and time complaining about someone else’s artistic decisions LMAO it’s fine to have opinions and thoughts to a certain extent but it’s draining to hear the same negative shit over and over every album cycle it’s like come on wake up if you find yourself crucifying her for the same thing each era maybe that should be a hint to you 👀 

I think it’s also important to note that this doesn’t mean she can’t do no wrong I’m sure even with a new producer there may inevitably be songs or parts of songs we don’t like but I think there’s going to be something for everybody in her new album whether it’s an LP or an EP or a soundtrack :true: