Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, Orville Peck said:

"bops" is not something I want from Lana at present, sorry. Songs like Peppers, Fishtail and Taco Truco are the worst on Ocean Blvd.

Expecting or forcing a radio hit out of someone like Lana, 9 albums and 12 years into a long-spanning career with a rich and diverse catalogue when she’s made clear time and time again she doesn’t want to be mainstream or popular is just unrealistic.

But I love the songs you mentioned! 

IMG-7960.jpg

17 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I’m not whining, I’m expressing a personal opinion. Don’t be disrespectful.

Lmao. Your opinion was that you're tired of other people's opinions here. And that, sir, is disrespectful.

11 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

Songs like Peppers, Fishtail and Taco Truck are the worst on Ocean Blvd.

let's test for that lack of taste mama

file-20211104-22364-c879nc.jpg

5 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Lmao. Your opinion was that you're tired of other people's opinions here. And that, sir, is disrespectful.

I’m actually tired of seeing you on my notifications so if you could stop mentioning or quoting me from now on that would be great. Jesus.

IMG-7960.jpg

7 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I’m actually tired of seeing you on my notifications so if you could stop mentioning or quoting me from now on that would be great. Jesus.

OMG :lmao: Conceded much?  No idea who you are and haven't mentioned you once. Only replied because you called me out inadvertently.  

Byeee

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

Let's stop arguing and let's start manifesting amazing songs :heart:

Well, that'll happen regardless of what direction LDR10 goes in. :party:

Also, no arguing, no worries. #GoodVibesOnly

1 minute ago, Embach said:

Let's stop arguing and let's start manifesting amazing songs :heart:

I’ve wondered lately if she’s ever going back to that earthy bluesy sound of Text Book and Black Bathing Suit. Those songs have such a dark, ominous production to them.

IMG-7960.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I’ve wondered lately if she’s ever going back to that earthy bluesy sound of Text Book and Black Bathing Suit. Those songs have such a dark, ominous production to them.

My unpopular opinion is that I love the production in Text Book, especially in the start because it's sounds so mysterious, like it's literally from a mystery movie :hair: BBS is my favorite song from Banisters too, I love the build-ups in the song.

Both songs were produced by Zach Dawes too, so maybe we can expect that sound from him (maybe Banisters era outtakes have these kind of songs too)

url%5D

I love to watch the girls fight about something Lana doesn't give a fuck about. Lol.:popcorn:

Personally, I'm #TeamBallads over #TeamBops. Literally nobody wants her to make pop music just to be on the radio... like please, we already had enough with stupid remixes from the Tik Tok 13 yr old fans. More upbeat songs? Sure. But I hope she never brings back the BTD sound. (Even though I love that album) She has matured and definitely outgrew that childish era of hers. Only real fans will agree with my opinion :teehee:

i don't want btd style bops, i think that'd be backsliding and ridiculous with where she is in her career but i do want more upbeat songs like ltli or peppers, i am getting tired of the wordy piano ballads that lack the catchiness and pop sensibilities of her early work. i appreciate them, the songwriting is absolutely gorgeous but they're not what i seek out with lana

2 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

in the battle of team ballads vs team bops, is there room for a third team? team 'anything interesting and good'? :hoe:

Absolutely. Anything other than selling out for some radio hit that Lana never chased to begin with. If she wanted to be a pop girl, she would be one with ease. She’s more concerned with laying the groundwork for a legacy big enough to inspire her contemporaries and future generations to come. 

IMG-7960.jpg

i think lana is the last person we need to worry about selling out unless she is influenced by someone around her

she is and always has been authentic to what she wants to make (minus born to die and some single decisions from her label) and she is basically given free reign to make what she wants 

if she wants to make a slutty bop, it’s what she wants, and i will eat that up. equally, some of her ballads are my favourites, like sweet which is one of my favourites on OB

i just like whatever i like, and there has not been a single song she has released that i don’t like (minus GAR lol). BUT if i could choose i would LOVE a revisit to the huge lush soundscapes of paradise and honeymoon with jazzy undertones or rock elements like ultraviolence. i do miss the big production 

#bringbackdanheath too

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

#bringbackdanheath

Omg this, I miss him so much, my brain exploded into pieces when I found out that he did strings for COTCC. They're still friends :')

url%5D