Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

if Lana is going to continue doing piano ballads, I need Old Money/Terrence Loves You/Paris, Texas type ballads cause I’m going to be honest: it’s getting repetitive. I get that Lana is going for a piano type sound but we’ve been hearing piano ballads since Ultraviolence!! :lange:

And if Lana wants to continue working with Jack, I honestly don’t mind that considering his production on Taylor’s Midnights was okay. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I wouldn’t mind a Midnights-type project by Lana produced by Jack :oprah3:

Just now, Billie said:

if Lana is going to continue doing piano ballads, I need Old Money/Terrence Loves You/Paris, Texas type ballads cause I’m going to be honest: it’s getting repetitive. I get that Lana is going for a piano type sound but we’ve been hearing piano ballads since Ultraviolence!! :lange:

Lana writes her music from her soul, and if that is what she is feeling I am sure she will do what she wants, as it is her art. If she cared what people wanted she would have gone more pop with her music but she continues to be alternative. Excited about LDR10

I love you, but you don’t understand me.

-Lana Del Rey

if Lana was Taylor we could expect witchy cinematic dark sexual album with futuristic rich golden hour hippie Adam and Eve aesthetic watching her lifestyle, fame, looks, her recent hair updos (aka mix of Paradise and LFL vibes):true:

If she were to listen to popular opinion, and a lot of fans say that everything she writes needs to be only and completely her creations and only poetry about her life solely with no covers, would be putting an extreme unfair amount of artistic pressure on an artist. Though I'm not saying she hasnt, or can't do it, it's just asking so much as a fan, rather than just appreciate what she does and has done. 

this is such a weird thing to wish for, but i hope she continues the trend of having a song title that doesn’t actually appear in the lyrics 😭. every album since uv has had one (cruel world, old money, terrence loves you, get free, nfr, tulsa jesus freak, sweet carolina, the grants). it’s weirdly my favourite thing ever. 

49 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I said it before I don’t see any changes coming and it’s a bit delulu to expect any changes in sound unless she deliberately announces so 

i don’t claim this energy :diva:

lana changes up her sound constantly so i don’t see why it’s delulu to expect that again.

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Jack needs to be pushed imo, otherwise he gives artists uninspired output like Solar Power (sorry, I am a huge Lorde fan, but I honestly just don't think she even really tried with that album? She seemed bored performing all the songs live). When he works with someone who has a very clear artistic vision, he can actually mold his production to their visions very well (see: Dance Fever, folklore, Melodrama, Norman Fucking Rockwell!). I think LDR X will be whatever Lana wants it to be, and it's silly and offensive to act like she's artistically being held hostage by Jack Antonoff. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

22 minutes ago, Mer said:

Jack needs to be pushed imo,  

it's silly and offensive to act like she's artistically being held back...

Jack is hanging out playing music during, I'm guessing what is, his honeymoon. 

She did get a degree in philosophy and she has always seemed conscious of her agency enough to be aware of that, if it was the case, while also understanding that we are influenced by an unknowable number of things. Some of which we can point to and say they may have more or less influence. 

There is so much going on in life and art, how can we really say some of the things we say, with absolute conviction? 

In most ways, art is something that would have less assurance of a conviction of a critique or summary of the art. How can any of us ever know what an artist knows, is,  does, or is trying to convey? 

2 hours ago, CandyRaye said:

Lana writes her music from her soul, and if that is what she is feeling I am sure she will do what she wants, as it is her art. If she cared what people wanted she would have gone more pop with her music but she continues to be alternative. Excited about LDR10

Omg please shut up this is literally a pre pre release thread everyone fucking knows Lana will do what she wants people are saying THEIR OWN OPINIONS ABOUT WHAT THEY WANT. What is the point of having a forum site if anytime you say you want something new/different there is a brigade of people “defending” Lana when she doesn’t need defending!!!! 

im sorry guys I’m just so tired of this generic braindead response anytime anyone expresses their wishes for LDR 10:runs:

ugh also im sorry @CandyRaye i see you are a new user and i feel bad that your post is what made me snap:icant:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Omg please shut up this is literally a pre pre release thread everyone fucking knows Lana will do what she wants people are saying THEIR OWN OPINIONS ABOUT WHAT THEY WANT. What is the point of having a forum site if anytime you say you want something new/different there is a brigade of people “defending” Lana when she doesn’t need defending!!!! 

im sorry guys I’m just so tired of this generic braindead response anytime anyone expresses their wishes for LDR 10:runs:

3bbd4db6adcf8a5a22957bf5d7674a96fc0a8c88 

Actually, when people are wanting her to go pop when that isn’t her, she does need defending. It’s literally her style and you’d like think her real fans would want to protect that, but okay…

-Lana Del Rey

3 minutes ago, CandyRaye said:

3bbd4db6adcf8a5a22957bf5d7674a96fc0a8c88 

Actually, when people are wanting her to go pop when that isn’t her, she does need defending. It’s literally her style and you’d like think her real fans would want to protect that, but okay…

You know what now I don’t feel bad:bebe: Lana has always been an alternative pop artist so I don’t know what you’re on about. This “real fan” bullshit is so dumb, just because that user thinks it would be cool for Lana to explore a sonic landscape like Midnights, doesn’t make them a fake fan. We have no idea what the album could be like, this is the time for people to make predictions and share their thoughts and opinion. Get over yourself. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I don't think we need to use the term "real fan" here when we literally all chose to sign up for a fucking fan forum. It doesn't get more real than that...

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

You know what now I don’t feel bad:bebe: Lana has always been an alternative pop artist so I don’t know what you’re on about. This “real fan” bullshit is so dumb, just because that user thinks it would be cool for Lana to explore a sonic landscape like Midnights, doesn’t make them a fake fan. We have no idea what the album could be like, this is the time for people to make predictions and share their thoughts and opinion. Get over yourself. 

You are the one who came off sideways for MY personal opinion, so I am not sure who you are talking to. 🫡

-Lana Del Rey