Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Lana is very sensitive and cares a lot about what critics think about her music, so I think when reviewers stop eating up the music she makes with Jack, that's when she'll move on to new producers. She hit a gold mine with him and will be excavating it until it runs out

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Lana meeting Jack was random though, like at the Grammys 2018. If LFL wasn't nominated at the Grammys then they wouldn't have met :oprah4:

Imagine if she meets another producer accidently that way too lol (she kinda met Dan Auerbach like that way, in Emile Haynie's party if I'm not wrong?)

url%5D

23 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Lana is very sensitive and cares a lot about what critics think about her music, so I think when reviewers stop eating up the music she makes with Jack, that's when she'll move on to new producers. She hit a gold mine with him and will be excavating it until it runs out

Wait u nailed that :isee:

url%5D

54 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i want lana del rey music :true: that's it, that's all

1 hour ago, honeymo0n said:

fr! i'll eat up whatever she makes honestly :true:

ok good for y’all…i’m happy with most of her music too but that doesn’t mean we can’t have standards. if she released an album full of hollywood bowls and beautifuls and let me love you like a womans and margaret/life lesson type songwriting i would be bored, and there’s nothing wrong with saying that. i really don’t see why we have to be at two extremes here – it shouldn’t be either criticizing everything or eating everything up. it’s normal to be in the middle and i think most of us are in that space, and we shouldn’t be shamed and constantly told “omg y’all complain about everything”, “i like everything she puts out”, “you’re being too hard on this track”, etc. you’re basically saying lana could sing “today i went to the store and bought oranges…” over 2 piano chords and you’d be happy. again good for you but most fans aren’t like this, and it’s not just lana fans it’s any fan in general. i’ve been a fan for 8 years and have her entire discography + unreleased music memorized by muscle memory. i’m not a hater or a casual fan, nor do i critique every single thing she puts out. but that doesn’t mean i don’t want music that’s above the bare minimum. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 minute ago, cherrytropico said:

ok good for y’all…i’m happy with most of her music too but that doesn’t mean we can’t have standards. if she released an album full of hollywood bowls and beautifuls and let me love you like a womans and margaret/life lesson type songwriting i would be bored, and there’s nothing wrong with saying that. i really don’t see why we have to be at two extremes here – it shouldn’t be either criticizing everything or eating everything up. it’s normal to be in the middle and i think most of us are in that space, and we shouldn’t be shamed and constantly told “omg y’all complain about everything”, “i like everything she puts out”, “you’re being too hard on this track”, etc. you’re basically saying lana could sing “today i went to the store and bought oranges…” over 2 piano chords and you’d be happy. again good for you but most fans aren’t like this, and it’s not just lana fans it’s any fan in general. i’ve been a fan for 8 years and have her entire discography + unreleased music memorized by muscle memory. i’m not a hater or a casual fan, nor do i critique every single thing she puts out. but that doesn’t mean i don’t want music that’s above the bare minimum. 

omg this is exactly what i've been trying to say but you put it so much more eloquently thank you

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I don’t even care if she goes for a new vibe but she should experiment more with her vocals- she’s obviously perfected staying on key now but she can take some notes from her old performances and add a bit of aggression or something 

It’s all very soft pretty vocals lately 

I wouldn't be against the idea of her releasing an album full of Lost at Seas or Life Lessons or Let Me Love Yous or Hollywood Bowls, I'd even love it but I understand those people wouldn't want that :agree:

url%5D

I'm here for whatever... I would listen to Lana reading the phone book...

For you youngsters, you used to have to look up phone numbers in a book, before the internet and smart phones... :facepalm:

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years

i don't think thw people saying they like everything lana puts out are implying that you have to like wverything she releases or that its bad to have any criticisms of her work. some of us just genuinely are happy with whatever she releases bc we're so emotionally invested in her work and we like a large variety of musical styles so we're not easily disappointed in her output. we all still have preferences and sometimes songs need time to grow on us. we don't think we're better fans for being happy with whatever she releases. we're just sharing that we're always happy to get new music from her. like its not that serious.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

2 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

i don't think thw people saying they like everything lana puts out are implying that you have to like wverything she releases or that its bad to have any criticisms of her work. some of us just genuinely are happy with whatever she releases bc we're so emotionally invested in her work and we like a large variety of musical styles so we're not easily disappointed in her output. we all still have preferences and sometimes songs need time to grow on us. we don't think we're better fans for being happy with whatever she releases. we're just sharing that we're always happy to get new music from her. like its not that serious.

Yeah, we just enjoy and appreciate moments like these. We're actually blessed to have that many songs, we're also very lucky next to some fandoms where people are waiting for new music for ages like Sky Ferreira's :eek3:

url%5D

3 minutes ago, TexasTraveler said:

I'm here for whatever... I would listen to Lana reading the phone book...

For you youngsters, you used to have to look up phone numbers in a book, before the internet and smart phones... :facepalm:

Not this 💀 why do older people always act like this, it’s not my fault y’all were born when cars were invented, like…

IMG-1607.jpg

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

Not this 💀 why do older people always act like this, it’s not my fault y’all were born when cars were invented, like…

It was a joke, get over yourself!

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years

6 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Guys remember she “recently” recorded Zodiac and that song sounds like an Ultraviolence and Blue Banisters sinister baby… she still has that aggression in her.

I need Zodiac on the new album :flutter:

url%5D

6 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Chill don’t get mad at me bestie.

Translation: thou shall not becometh aggravatedth with me, ol’ friend.

Who is mad? You the one triggered about what I wrote? Let's move on youngster... :lmao: