Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I don't think we're getting a full country album at this point if we didn't get one right after Chemtrails or BB... plus we know she's working with Jack again and she would get a different producer for that kind of sound (those two NFR era tracks weren't even full on country and were made just for fun) :true:

giphy.gif

I'm probably quirky for this but I'll say it:

Manifesting an album without a title track - so the album's name is not a song in that album. Like AKA or Paradise (technically there is a song called Paradise but it's not in that EP).

Like Taylor has albums without title tracks for example Reputation or Folklore or like Lorde has Pure Heroine or Florence has Ceremonials ect.

url%5D

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

I'm probably quirky for this but I'll say it:

Manifesting an album without a title track - so the album's name is not a song in that album. Like AKA or Paradise (technically there is a song called Paradise but it's not in that EP).

Like Taylor has albums without title tracks for example Reputation or Folklore or like Lorde has Pure Heroine or Florence has Ceremonials ect.

but it's like a tradition at this point:giggle:

3 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

but it's like a tradition at this point:giggle:

and when traditions are broken, exciting things happen :clapback:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

I can see this having a similar rollout to OB with the lead coming Nov-Dec 2024 with the album coming Q1 2025 which would follow about the same length of time between BB and OB :oprah3: honestly id love an Ocean Blvd. 2.0 it felt like her first REAL record since NFR! and it honestly kinda is with how the shitshow of 2020-2021 affected how Chemtrails and BB ended up being quality wise. if she keeps up with OB level of songwriting on this record I honestly couldn't give a shit what genre or influences are on the record :true: ive given up on Lana having an album with more than 1-2 mid-tempo ass shakers on it and im completely content with that she's not in that era rn and there's other artists I can listen to if I wanna cosplay a circuit gay :beyonce: I loved how OB's kinda messy diaristic style allowed her to shove a bunch of disjointed tracks together on an album and make it WORK somehow and id love if that idea continued onto this record and she explored even more sounds I want another Poritshead inspired track like DBJAG and id love if she'd lean more into the somewhat jarring vocals on tracks like Black Bathing Suit, Zodiac, and Dealer they all have this kinda Lynchian sad stripper underground baby wants Blue Velvet vibe to them and I eat that shit UPPPPPP 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Vocal style question. 

Can you think of a word to describe the voicing tone, like at the beginning of pretty when you cry?

It's a kind of an exaggerated voicing. Kurt Cobain would kinda do something similar.

I can't think of an adjective that describes it or how to search for such a descriptive. 

25 minutes ago, 111 said:

giphy.gif

Omg Music To Watch Boys To (Squidward remix) incoming 🔥🔥🔥

qFjXSe.gif

Manifesting songs with MTWBT vibes honestly

url%5D

A little story about a lost song, from an experiment of fans influencing album decisions.

Kanye's last album had his audio engineer asking a bunch of his fans on discord, to suggest what they wanted the album to be like. They do this in film pre screenings to measure how good the reception is.

He had this one outro sample of his choir singing this really loud high pitched African tribal singing but in a gospel sort of way, and it was amongst the greatest samples Ive ever heard from him. I thought this was going to be his best piece of music ever. It had huge potential to be incorporated into a bunch of dance remixes.

Everyone on the discord hated it because it was cut loud, and they scrapped the whole ending. The best thing I felt he was ever going to create, the fans influenced him to throw it away...

12 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Imagine if Lana had released Honeymoon but it didn’t have a title track. Or UV. Or NFR. Or BTD. We would be starved, we would be malnourished!

im here for more title tracks :hair:

when the album title for ldr10 is just the tracklist :true: every song will have the iconic, classic energy of her title tracks :true: 

WGe8ynS.gif

remember when some users (me) deluded themselves into thinking the album that ended up being ocean blvd would be surprise dropped digitally on certain dates including [but not limited to] the december 8th tease date :um2:

now lets get the delulu train back up and running and drive it down the tracks of misinformation LDR-X surprise release!!! 

grunge pop-rock with a hint of heavy metal and a dash of electronica excellence :ma:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23