lanaismamom

Born to Die Tracklist Drafts

I don't think this album needs some kind of a creative process discussion but I know for sure the tracklist kept changing many times and went through many stages and forms, so this thread is just a tracker of such drafts and whenever next tracklist appears I will write it down here. So far we have these drafts:

• Tracklist order at one point of 2011
  1. Born to Die
  2. Blue Jeans
  3. Off to the Races
  4. Video Games
  5. Radio
  6. Diet Mountain Dew
  7. National Anthem
  8. Dark Paradise
  9. Carmen
  10. This Is What Makes Us Girls
  11. Million Dollar Man
  12. Without You

Deluxe Version
     13. Lolita

14. Summertime Sadness

15. Lucky Ones

• Unknown rumored tracklist order from 2011, posted by ldr.fm mods
  1. Video Games
  2. Blue Jeans
  3. Born to Die
  4. Put the Radio On
  5. Million Dollar Man
  6. Diet Mountain Dew
  7. Summertime Sadness
  8. Carmen
  9. Off to the Races
  11. Lolita
  12. National Anthem

Deluxe Version

13. Without You

14. Dark Paradise

15. Hundred Dollar Bill

Tracklist, according to AllMusic (possibly the latest one): 

1. Video Games

2. Blue Jeans

3. Born to Die

4. Diet Mountain Dew

5. Million Dollar Man

6. Radio

7. Summertime Sadness

8. Carmen

9. Off to the Races

10. This Is What Makes us Girls

11. Lolita

12. National Anthem

Other information we know of

Spoiler
  • Unknown version of Hundred Dollar Bill, supposedly reworked by Emile Haynie, was a part of a deluxe "Born to Die" tracklist until December 2011.
  • Some drafts might have one of these titles:
  1. G.B.A (God Bless America)
  2. The Best of Lana Del Rey
  3. The Revenge of Lana Del Rey
  4. The World is Ours
  5. Do U Luv Me Yet?
  6. Born 2 Die
  • Tracklist of a Born to Die sampler, sent to The Guardian, that shows, that album could have had different, more "daring" sound:
  1. National Anthem (Nexus/Justin Parker; Demo 1)
  2. Born to Die (Emile Haynie; Demo 2)
  3. Live or Die (Jaz Rogers)
  4. Hey Lolita Hey (Liam Howe; Demo 1)
  5. Million Dollar Man (Chris Braide; Demo)
  6. Video Games (Justin Parker/Robopop; Unknown Version, supposedly Unmastered Version)
  7. Paris (Guy Chambers/Liam Howe)
  8. Puppy Love (Justin Parker)
  9. Driving in Cars With Boys (Nexus; 2011 Version)
  10. This is What Makes Us Girls (Tim Larcombe; Demo 1)
  11. Hundred Dollar Bill (Jayson Michael)
  12. Are You Ready? (Eg White)
  13. Diet Mountain Dew (Alexis Smith/Crispin Hunt/Mike Daly; Demo 3)
  14. You Can Be The Boss (Alexis Smith)
  15. Kinda Outta Luck (Alexis Smith)
  16. Carmen (Justin Parker; Demo)
  17. Put the Radio On (Biff Stannard)
  18. Blue Jeans (Emile Haynie; Unknown Version, supposedly Unmastered Version)
  • Queen of Disaster is rumored to be an opener track at one point of 2011, and the outro scream would flow into intro strings of Born to Die
  • Marilyn Montroe, TV In Black & White, On Our Way and Velvet Crowbar were labelled as her "B-Sides" at a point in time, heavily considered for a release. Also Lana acknowledged some other unreleased songs from 2010-2011 times:
  1. Paradise (preformed live)
  2. Us Against the World (performed live)
  3. You Can Be the Boss (performed live)
  4. Kinda Outta Luck (performed live)
  5. Serila Killer (performed live)
  6. Caught You Boy (acknowledged in a live stream)
  7. TV in Black & White (acknowledged in a live stream)
  • Lana was going to release a re-release of Born to Die, that consisted out of outtakes off the sessions, that could probably appeared on one of unknown tracklists. Some of  these songs are:
  1. American Dream (Damn You)
  2. Hollywood's Dead

Thanks to @Unknown and @111 for some tea on this topic! 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

The fact that SS wouldn’t have been on the standard edition would’ve been so weird to me because whenever I think BTD I literally think of SS and BJ 

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

added new tracklist

1. Video Games

2. Blue Jeans

3. Born To Die

4. Put The Radio On

5. Million Dollar Man

6. Diet Mountain Dew

7. Summertime Sadness

8. Carmen

9. Off To The Races

11. Lolita

12. National Anthem

13. Without You

14. Dark Paradise

15. Hundred Doll Bill
found by @Surf Noir in the minor general questions thread, said to be posted by ldr.fm mods but no one really confirmed this tracklist

6 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Hm… seeing diet in every track list is mystifying as Lana said at an 2011 interview she didn’t intend to place it on a tracklist- same as kinda outta luck…

wait really? where did she said that

Just now, lanaismamom said:

wait really? where did she said that

Wait till i get back home… it was from an online magazine from sept 2011 that have been lost to time… i think i found the interview through a wayback machine- she also explains the creation of diet mt dew there

Just now, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Wait till i get back home… it was from an online magazine from sept 2011 that have been lost to time… i think i found the interview through a wayback machine- she also explains the creation of diet mt dew there

looking forward to read!

What i’m about to tell is not the exact word but the statement of the point is all there👍

1. Kinda outta and diet mtn wasn’t in the favor to be placed in btd tracklist as she said those compositions were just mere fun pop songs- something in the lines…

2. What i remembered “the verse could’ve been about anything but i had the chorus for a long time. I said to my boyfriend like, “Diet Mountain Dew, New York City?” And lana’s then boyfriend “complimenting how pretty of a woman is she” which i think hence the “never was there ever a girl so pretty” line

On 7/30/2023 at 4:23 PM, lanaismamom said:

added new tracklist

1. Video Games

2. Blue Jeans

3. Born To Die

4. Put The Radio On

5. Million Dollar Man

6. Diet Mountain Dew

7. Summertime Sadness

8. Carmen

9. Off To The Races

11. Lolita

12. National Anthem

13. Without You

14. Dark Paradise

15. Hundred Doll Bill
found by @Surf Noir in the minor general questions thread, said to be posted by ldr.fm mods but no one really confirmed this tracklist

this tracklist initially was posted on this website http://www.cede.ch/de/music-cd/default.cfm

Interview from ILikeMusic Sept 22, 2011… sorry for the long wait… : ) @lanaismamom

How would you describe your music-making process? How do songs like ‘Diet Mountain Dew’ and ‘Video Games’ go from initial idea to finished track?

Every one is really different. ‘Diet Mountain Dew’ I wrote at a time when I was really happy. I’d meet someone who was perfect for me. We had taken a trip to town and town, and he said “Diet Mountain Dew babe? New York City?” Then he was like, “You’re so pretty” as I smiled. For two months, I only had that line, and it wasn’t until I decided to put it into production that I fleshed out of the verse. The verse could have been anything, but the chorus, I had a long time. There’s usually only about one-fourth of the song that compels me. Something that hit home in my life. The rest of it, I just make up around it.

How about sonically? What sounds drive you?

To be honest, ‘Diet Mountain Dew’ and ‘Kinda Outta Luck’ aren’t even going to be on the record. I sort of put them up on the internet because I could, because they wouldn’t be on the record. In my mind, they’re sort of just fluff. The real record is different. It’s a bit darker, but it’s beautiful.

1 hour ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Interview from ILikeMusic Sept 22, 2011… sorry for the long wait… : ) @lanaismamom

How would you describe your music-making process? How do songs like ‘Diet Mountain Dew’ and ‘Video Games’ go from initial idea to finished track?

Every one is really different. ‘Diet Mountain Dew’ I wrote at a time when I was really happy. I’d meet someone who was perfect for me. We had taken a trip to town and town, and he said “Diet Mountain Dew babe? New York City?” Then he was like, “You’re so pretty” as I smiled. For two months, I only had that line, and it wasn’t until I decided to put it into production that I fleshed out of the verse. The verse could have been anything, but the chorus, I had a long time. There’s usually only about one-fourth of the song that compels me. Something that hit home in my life. The rest of it, I just make up around it.

How about sonically? What sounds drive you?

To be honest, ‘Diet Mountain Dew’ and ‘Kinda Outta Luck’ aren’t even going to be on the record. I sort of put them up on the internet because I could, because they wouldn’t be on the record. In my mind, they’re sort of just fluff. The real record is different. It’s a bit darker, but it’s beautiful.

giphy.gif
its very interesting thank u, i really wonder what point had the tracklist been at by september 2011 now because it apparently kept changing so many times right before the release

52 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

Put The Radio On?

EZF3TM9XYAA7LIJ.jpg

do we think it’s an Emile produced version or the same version that leaked?

giphy.gif im not anymore sure that we know everything from that era so this make me think so

1 hour ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

shes such a liar shes so funny :eartha:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

On 7/27/2023 at 8:23 PM, lanaismamom said:

Queen of Disaster is rumored to be an opener track at one point of 2011, and the outro scream would flow into intro strings of Born to Die

can one of the talented audio guys do it

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

On 7/30/2023 at 8:23 AM, lanaismamom said:

added new tracklist

1. Video Games

2. Blue Jeans

3. Born To Die

4. Put The Radio On

5. Million Dollar Man

6. Diet Mountain Dew

7. Summertime Sadness

8. Carmen

9. Off To The Races

11. Lolita

12. National Anthem

13. Without You

14. Dark Paradise

15. Hundred Doll Bill

honeymounz confirmed this draft tracklist on twitter a few days ago when talking about lucky ones coming up out of the blue to replace hundred dollar bill 

On 8/4/2023 at 5:53 AM, lanaismamom said:

https://krakenfiles.com/view/Vhwk7zuXVJ/file.html this is what one person who leaked melancholia, whats a girl to do, paradise snippets posted on discord

also can u repost this :excited:

giphy.gif