loveyoumadly

Grammy 2024 campaign

11 hours ago, Break Me Down said:

well shes definitely way more popular now than she was during the NFR era, but if you were to ask the gp to pick between OB and NFR they'd pick NFR in a split second, but OB does have a higher user score so i could be wrong

well they would pick NFR because it’s definitely more loved between her fans but that doesnt mean NFR was more commercial popular then OB, when it came out. Probably during NFR people mostly listened to the album , wich doesnt happen now when BTD , UV and NFR are getting more streams then OB , but probably OB had more visibility when it came out because she is much more mainstream now. 

Disagree with a lot of what's being said in here. I was certain they wouldn't nominate NFR for AOTY because of the title and then it ended up getting AOTY and SOTY noms. I know it's a different scenario with the "this is the experience of being an American Whore" refrain, but A&W got a pretty warm reception from critics and casual listeners, not too far off from how NFR was received. Jack's video of "behind the song" shows that they're campaigning for sure, and I think that A&W is the choice to get Lana her Grammy if that's what they're going for. It's so Lana but it's also so different from anything she had done prior to its release. Her music is incredible and has been nominated several times before, but I think that what leveraged a win was something unexpected or exciting like A&W.

No doubt that they need to push her in Alternative finally, but at the end of the day I believe it comes down to the Grammy committee to decide where an artist is placed, which sucks. I don't see them placing Ocean Blvd in Pop, but then again I said the same for NFR and well. :toofunny: 

Long story short, I think Ocean Blvd has the one thing that I can maybe think of that pulled NFR back from a sweep that year, which is that little twist some of these songs have. Depending on what else gets nommed for AOTY, I think she actually has a huge shot there and even in SOTY. Would be really cool to see her get two noms in AOTY with Ocean Blvd and Midnights, which is no doubt going to get a place in the AOTY category. 

Also worth noting: the huge renaissance Lana is having, if we can call it that? She never went away per se, but the general public is loving and supporting her in a way we haven't seen since the Born to Die era. As we've seen before, the Grammys love to reward the artists their viewers are enjoying. Kacey following 2018, Billie following 2019, Olivia following 2021, Harry following 2022... I think she has a pretty good chance this year.

8V7Yvel.png

16 hours ago, loveyoumadly said:

It took Summertime Sadness 10 Years to hit 500 millions stream and then 1 year to double that and hit 1 Billion. I'm sorry but that's delulu to say she's not more mainstream than she was when she dropped BTD. Also LFL was a commercial flop 

what :rip: it was huge

7 hours ago, Golden Hour said:

Disagree with a lot of what's being said in here. I was certain they wouldn't nominate NFR for AOTY because of the title and then it ended up getting AOTY and SOTY noms. I know it's a different scenario with the "this is the experience of being an American Whore" refrain, but A&W got a pretty warm reception from critics and casual listeners, not too far off from how NFR was received. Jack's video of "behind the song" shows that they're campaigning for sure, and I think that A&W is the choice to get Lana her Grammy if that's what they're going for. It's so Lana but it's also so different from anything she had done prior to its release. Her music is incredible and has been nominated several times before, but I think that what leveraged a win was something unexpected or exciting like A&W.

No doubt that they need to push her in Alternative finally, but at the end of the day I believe it comes down to the Grammy committee to decide where an artist is placed, which sucks. I don't see them placing Ocean Blvd in Pop, but then again I said the same for NFR and well. :toofunny: 

Long story short, I think Ocean Blvd has the one thing that I can maybe think of that pulled NFR back from a sweep that year, which is that little twist some of these songs have. Depending on what else gets nommed for AOTY, I think she actually has a huge shot there and even in SOTY. Would be really cool to see her get two noms in AOTY with Ocean Blvd and Midnights, which is no doubt going to get a place in the AOTY category. 

Also worth noting: the huge renaissance Lana is having, if we can call it that? She never went away per se, but the general public is loving and supporting her in a way we haven't seen since the Born to Die era. As we've seen before, the Grammys love to reward the artists their viewers are enjoying. Kacey following 2018, Billie following 2019, Olivia following 2021, Harry following 2022... I think she has a pretty good chance this year.

:gclap:

It's all a matter of campaigning, including her presence. She did do some for NFR! with the grammy museum thing, but it's all about lunches, FYC and so on.

I don't agree they should push her to Alternative; Her music is Pop. She is Popular. She has billion plays on Spotify. She's backed by a Major Label. There's nothing wrong with being put within the Pop categories when that's exactly what she is: A Pop artist. She doesn't even need to win the Pop field to have a chance within the Major 4 (that soon will be 6 I think?) categories; she has a very broad appeal (hence why it makes sense she's POP even when people think it sounds Alternative but also country while a dash of folk etc etc etc).

I really believe she'll have a chance. The competition this year isn't necessarily the strongest, she got a pretty  warrm reception from critics and her best commercial performance since her prime with BTD\Ultraviolence\Honeymoon. Now Ben\Interscope\Rob Grant & Lana need to play the right cards. Make some private gigs and ship some of these titty vinyl to voters.

1 hour ago, DinahLee said:

I don't agree they should push her to Alternative; Her music is Pop. She is Popular. She has billion plays on Spotify. She's backed by a Major Label. There's nothing wrong with being put within the Pop categories when that's exactly what she is: A Pop artist. She doesn't even need to win the Pop field to have a chance within the Major 4 (that soon will be 6 I think?) categories; she has a very broad appeal (hence why it makes sense she's POP even when people think it sounds Alternative but also country while a dash of folk etc etc etc).

I agree with this. Even though she's in the more alternative branch of pop, people judging alternative awards are very iffy on her, for various crappy reasons (see Brooklyn Baby for details). Pop industry folk seem the most able to enjoy her artier side.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

On 8/8/2023 at 6:16 AM, DinahLee said:

Well the thing is that she doesn't have a chance in the pop categories. It would be easier for her to win in alternative categories. A&W or Ocean Blvd song would definitely win in Best Alternative Music Performance. She really wouldn't have chance in pop categories with all the commercial radio songs (not that they're awful) that are Anti-Hero, Flowers, Kill Bill because the more commercial the song or even album is the better chance it has to win like Harry's House or Easy On Me. 

Snow On The Beach would have a good shot in Best Pop Duo categories.

url%5D

1 minute ago, LanaBalkana said:

We all know Taylor will send Karma ft Ice Spice for Pop Duo:slayty:

yeah I am scared about that because this was a single and Snow wasn't. Also Karma was more successful in charts and radios. Can non-singles be nominated? :um2:

url%5D