evalionisameme

Artists caught lying about songwriting credits

17 minutes ago, Mer said:

230512-beyonce-singing-reaction-kh-6fbb63.jpg

I prefer the Future version as you can tell it is authentic to him, if he released it it would be one of his biggest songs and it fits him. Imagine creating this hit song you probably know is going to be massive especially like 11 years ago when he was not really that popular or rich yet and then the producer sold it to Beyonce without telling him and didn't let him release it. Obviously he got a lot of money probably in the end but was still kind of stole off him. Then Beyonce and Jay-Z just re-do the song basically copying everything and just changing it around a little and don't even acknowledge you had anything to do with it.

Beyonce even said this...

On the song, Drunk in Love. She believes the track worked well because they just had fun.

She explained: “I kind of free-styled the verse and Jay went in and started flowing out his verse. We just kinda had a party. It was so great because it wasn’t about any ego, we weren’t trying to make a hit record, we were just having fun and I think you can hear that in the record.”

When she said "We weren't trying to make a hit record" it's probably the only true thing she said there as they bought the hit record :toofunny:

To think that avril literally had most of her hit songs given to her and her emo style artificially created by stylists is rlly sad :defeated:

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

1 minute ago, williamprb said:

To think that avril literally had most of her hit songs given to her and her emo style artificially created by stylists is rlly sad :defeated:

Wait she's not a songwriter!? :tommy:

url%5D

Just now, Embach said:

Wait she's not a songwriter!? :tommy:

an exaggeration-TBDT onwards is all her mostly- Let Go was her choice of clothing but the marketing etc+ the Matrix songs were highly manufactured- she wasn't the primary songwriter of those ones.

she was essentially the Britney Spears of pop rock

1 hour ago, Orville Peck said:

Lana Del Rey claims that she wrote Yayo, but this is a complete lie because demos written by Lizzy Grant already existed since 2007. :true:

Lana Del Rey keeps poor Lizzy Grant and May Jailer in her basement writing all her endless songs while she gets all the money and the credit......

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

4 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Love Charles but she’s known for lying about this- she worked with a ghostwriter for fancy and praised Iggy's skills as a rapper still 😭

Also those melodies were probably recycled like all of miss max songs 

honestly I love when artist don’t give up on melodies, songwriters like Lana or Carly Rae Jepsen do this all the time

6 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

AND producer :true:

AND vocal engineer, she’s literally the epitome of an artist :true: Björk you better watch out on my faves list!

8nl2OpX.png

17 hours ago, honey dew said:

Oh shut the….And star power without a good song is worthless. We would never hear about Beyonce, rihanna or ariana if they had to write their own songs. Their stardom is a result of hits written by talented songwriters. It takes both. Perhaps we don’t hear about songwriters cuz they are massively undervalued, case in point this very thread. And your comment

I think both of you are right, there’s a lot pf extremely talented girls artist out there with a distinctive, look, sound, amazing voice and increidble star power but I’ve yet to hear THAT song from them, and their caarers have been stalled because of that

Chlöe and Bree Runway for example

8nl2OpX.png

4 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

providing us with the lana tea and industry tea!

she is overrated as a writer though. for folklore she sacrificed lyrics over melody. red is her best album because she didn’t have to pull out a dictionary and use complex words to prove a point, having a good vocabulary doesn’t make you a great writer

not with songs like stay stay stay, not on my watch!

8nl2OpX.png

4 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

having a good vocabulary doesn’t make you a great writer

She thinks that spelling is fun :whatever2:

url%5D

2 hours ago, TheBoss said:

I think both of you are right, there’s a lot pf extremely talented girls artist out there with a distinctive, look, sound, amazing voice and increidble star power but I’ve yet to hear THAT song from them, and their caarers have been stalled because of that

Chlöe and Bree Runway for example

Bree doesn’t have a distinctive look tbh- she gives me standard industry runway model 

t:excited:he way this thread was about artists lying about writing their songs and it turned into a discourse about singers vs writers :sideeye:

imo being a singer is just as important as being a songwriter it's just that songwriters are so undervalued in the industry and don't get as much credit as the artist which is sad 

Oh also, while we're trashing discussing Taylor Swift and her songwriting, let me just mention that this woman has some nerve demanding royalties for that one Olivia Rodrigo song when a few years earlier she herself copied a whole ass chorus from Lana without giving her any credit and used it on one of the most succe$$ful songs of her career. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

30 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Oh also, while we're trashing discussing Taylor Swift and her songwriting, let me just mention that this woman has some nerve demanding royalties for that one Olivia Rodrigo song when a few years earlier she herself copied a whole ass chorus from Lana without giving her any credit and used it on one of the most succe$$ful songs of her career. 

how is it taylor's fault that olivia copied her song without giving her credit at first lol 

if the producers and writers on Without You think taylor copied them id like to see them take it to court but again the songs aren't even that similar 

7 hours ago, Mer said:

Beyonces great. Best concert I’ve been to. Idk what the point of this discourse is—I couldn’t care less if she wrote her songs. But songwriting credits pay more, and I think Beyoncé deserves as much money as she can get for the songs she put out; because who would listen to Future singing Drunk In Love anyway :pls:

I'd listen to that.

giphy.gif