evalionisameme

Artists caught lying about songwriting credits

Just for fun and shady mess :clapback:

hope the mods don’t lock this- no hate to any artists intended- just to shine a light on the actual main writers or people who should be credited.

here’s my contribution as stolen by someone on Reddit:

Rihanna has a writing credit on same old mistakes- a cover 💀

When Bright, who also co-wrote Justin Bieber’s hit “Somebody To Love”, is asked to explain how Bieber got songwriting credit for that song (as it was originally written for Usher), Bright has no answer. “Umm… How did he get a writing credit on it?… That’s an interesting question. I don’t know.”

Beyoncé claimed on TRL she wrote Emotions. The song is actually a Bee Gees cover.

• Claimed to have written Survivor. Songwriters sued, settled out of court.

• Claimed to have written Bow Down, when the demo was near finished when she got the song. It was originally meant to go to Rihanna

• Claimed to have written Bootylicious after hearing the guitar riff somewhere. The demo was actually near complete when it got to Destiny’s Child. When the writers went to her father for explanation, they were told the public prefers to hear that their favorite artist is the one writing their hits.

• Claimed to have written Irreplaceable. Ne-Yo’s demo is near identical to the finished song. After receiving backlash for calling her out, he gave her credit for harmonising on the song.

• Claimed to have written Smash Into You. The song is actually a cover of the song Smack Into You by Jon McLaughlin.

• The melody of Drunk In Love was done by Future and the demo was sent to Beyoncé. He didn’t hear anything back and wasn’t told the song would end up on her self-titled album. He didn’t receive writing credits for the song.

4 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Just for fun and shady mess :clapback:

hope the mods don’t lock this- no hate to any artists intended- just to shine a light on the actual main writers or people who should be credited.

here’s my contribution as stolen by someone on Reddit:

Rihanna has a writing credit on same old mistakes- a cover 💀

When Bright, who also co-wrote Justin Bieber’s hit “Somebody To Love”, is asked to explain how Bieber got songwriting credit for that song (as it was originally written for Usher), Bright has no answer. “Umm… How did he get a writing credit on it?… That’s an interesting question. I don’t know.”

Beyoncé claimed on TRL she wrote Emotions. The song is actually a Bee Gees cover.

• Claimed to have written Bow Down, when the demo was near finished when she got the song. It was originally meant to go to Rihanna

• Claimed to have written Bootylicious after hearing the guitar riff somewhere. The demo was actually near complete when it got to Destiny’s Child. When the writers went to her father for explanation, they were told the public prefers to hear that their favorite artist is the one writing their hits.

• Claimed to have written Irreplaceable. Ne-Yo’s demo is near identical to the finished song. After receiving backlash for calling her out, he gave her credit for harmonising on the song.

• Claimed to have written Smash Into You. The song is actually a cover of the song Smack Into You by Jon McLaughlin.

• The melody of Drunk In Love was done by Future and the demo was sent to Beyoncé. He didn’t hear anything back and wasn’t told the song would end up on her self-titled album. He didn’t receive writing credits for the song.

Stop not queen bey :defeated:

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

First ones that come to mind are:

Sky Ferreira and Everything is Embarrassing (She claimed she re-wrote it but then the original demo by Dev Hynes mysteriously leaked)

Avril Lavigne and Sk8er Boi (The actual writer of the song did a whole expose on his YouTube channel and said her only contribution to that song was changing the title from "Skater Boy" to "Sk8er Boi" :rip:)

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

Just now, Lindsay Lohan said:

Sky Ferreira and Everything is Embarrassing (She claimed she re-wrote it but then the original demo by Dev Hynes mysteriously leaked)

Avril Lavigne and Sk8er Boi (The actual writer of the song did a whole expose on his YouTube channel and said her only contribution to that song was changing the title from "Skater Boy" to "Sk8er Boi" :rip:)

All these avril lavigne was a poser allegations are sad to me :toofunny:

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

17 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

I remember reading about this when I got into sky ferreira - apparently he had similar crediting issues happen with Solange too  :eek:  But I listened to his demo and I like it tbh tho sky's vers. is one of my favorite songs

uRo1dco.png

singing blue notes,

up all night long

47 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

I can actually add to some of the Avril stuff I believe- it’s very likely that anything on let go with the matrix in the title is very mildly written by avril e.g. as quoted by them she wrote a few melodies and words on their songs here and there. Her contributions were little on their songs to say the least.

Cliff who I think may be the YouTube guy was her ex manager and didn’t write any of sk8er Boi- he’s very delusional and obsessed till this day. Breakaway is only a songwriting credit very likely because she talked about her life to the writers and they used it for the songs lyrics-not sure why she claims she outright wrote that one.

There’s a fight going on between madison love and Ava max currently with these credits being suggested that Ava writes very little.

Alone, Pt 2 - 5%

Anyone but You - 10%
BST - 16.67%
Belladonna - 33.34%
Born to the Night - 5%
Call Me Tonight - 5%
Christmas Without You - 5.02%
Clap Your Hands - 22.50%
Freaking Me Out - 2%
H.E.A.V.E.N. - 50%
Head & Heart (Demo) - 2%
Into Your Arms - 25%
Kings & Queens - 6.25%
Let It Be Me - 15%
Move - 25%
My Head & My Heart - 5%
My Way - 10%
Naked - 10%
Not Your Barbie Girl - 23.34%
OMG - 7.51%
On Somebody - 10%
Rumors - 7%
Salt - 2.50%
Slippin - 10%
So Am I - 7.50%
Sweet but Psycho - 10%
Take Away the Pain - 10%
Take You to Hell - 10%
Tattoo - 18%
Torn - 1.50%
Who's Laughing Now - 6%
Wild Thing - 3%

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

yikes :eek3: it’s safe to say beyonce isn’t a huge writer 

come to think of it, all the artists i rlly like and feel connected to their music are big songwriters (meaning they don’t just write like 4 words and have other writers write the rest)

lana, taylor, hozier…i just really appreciate that in an artist. 

i like some of ari’s songs for example but i cant see myself “stanning” her music because to me being the main writer is so integral, and of course being a good writer lol. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

When a mainstream pop singer releases a "personal" album when in reality it's all written by 5 men and produced by some mega producer

Rihanna is notorious. 

Sza’s album Ctrl originally revolved around her song ‘LouAnne Johnson’, she’s stated that Ctrl would have been complete a year earlier if she still had the song (and I think it even had a MV). Then Rihanna struck :illumilana:

Sza went to a writing camp for Anti but failed to write anything that she thought was of any worth, so she played LouAnne Johnson just to see how they liked it. After hearing it, they were very insistent and she was pressured into giving it up - she’s said since that it devastated her. The song became ‘Consideration’ and Rih ended up with writing credits on it, even though it was already a complete song ready for release. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

28 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

There’s a fight going on between madison love and Ava max currently with these credits being suggested that Ava writes very little.

Alone, Pt 2 - 5%

Anyone but You - 10%
BST - 16.67%
Belladonna - 33.34%
Born to the Night - 5%
Call Me Tonight - 5%
Christmas Without You - 5.02%
Clap Your Hands - 22.50%
Freaking Me Out - 2%
H.E.A.V.E.N. - 50%
Head & Heart (Demo) - 2%
Into Your Arms - 25%
Kings & Queens - 6.25%
Let It Be Me - 15%
Move - 25%
My Head & My Heart - 5%
My Way - 10%
Naked - 10%
Not Your Barbie Girl - 23.34%
OMG - 7.51%
On Somebody - 10%
Rumors - 7%
Salt - 2.50%
Slippin - 10%
So Am I - 7.50%
Sweet but Psycho - 10%
Take Away the Pain - 10%
Take You to Hell - 10%
Tattoo - 18%
Torn - 1.50%
Who's Laughing Now - 6%
Wild Thing - 3%

I've always known that Ava is a huge fucking industry plant.

I also love Beyoncé but I am very much aware of the fact that she can't write a song if her life depended on it.

21 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

yikes :eek3: it’s safe to say beyonce isn’t a huge writer 

come to think of it, all the artists i rlly like and feel connected to their music are big songwriters (meaning they don’t just write like 4 words and have other writers write the rest)

lana, taylor, hozier…i just really appreciate that in an artist. 

i like some of ari’s songs for example but i cant see myself “stanning” her music because to me being the main writer is so integral, and of course being a good writer lol. 

same... it's why I don't really like a lot of mainstream artists (other than a few songs obviously pop music is fun) but it just seems so unauthentic and manufactured and soulless... the only mainstream artist I can get behind is Mariah Carey and it's cause she writes her stuff and you can tell she does... it isn't just her name smashed between 8 other songwriters in the credits 

Just now, Honeytrails said:

same... it's why I don't really like a lot of mainstream artists (other than a few songs obviously pop music is fun) but it just seems so unauthentic and manufactured and soulless... the only mainstream artist I can get behind is Mariah Carey and it's cause she writes her stuff and you can tell she does... it isn't just her name smashed between 8 other songwriters in the credits 

I will give props to Taylor too despite me not being a fan of her for being someone is clearly at the forefront for writing- for other women in music it seems quite limited sadly for big stars to do both in actuality- the only other big popstar I can name who is the main writer currently would be charli xcx 

Love mimi

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I will give props to Taylor too despite me not being a fan of her for being someone is clearly at the forefront for writing- for other women in music it seems quite limited sadly for big stars to do both in actuality- the only other big popstar I can name who is the main writer currently would be charli xcx 

her too... not a fan either but some of her songs are fun and have a soul especially the slower stuff off of red... even though you can easily tell when her stuff starts to sound structured with a formula to be a radio hit at least she's the one doing it

1 hour ago, 111 said:

sky ferreira 

of course ur here lol :hype:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing