Ultra Violet

Israel-Palestine conflict (Israel-Hamas war)

IMPORTANT
ok guys, i found an app called 5 Calls for usa residents 
they have it for android and iphone
please download it and fill out your zip code to find your STATE representatives, and click the "call for de-escalation and a ceasefire in israel and occupied Palestine"
it gives you a script for you to call and let your voice be heard about demanding a ceasefire in Gaza.
please, please let your voice be heard, this app is very easy to use and very helpful.
YOUR VOICE MATTERS AND THE PPL OF PALESTINE NEED YOU.

s a y y e s t o h e a v e n :twirls:

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I mean yeah that's fucked up but Russia voted FOR it (which is lolz) and countries like Australia, Canada, the UK, Sweden and Greece refused to pick a side (cowards)

The UN is just a political pissing contest

Even though it passed, nothing at all will happen

USELESS

The resolution shows that Israel stands very much alone in world. The fact that even Germany (considered close friends) did not vote against the resolution hurts the Israelis very much.

5 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I mean yeah that's fucked up but Russia voted FOR it (which is lolz) and countries like Australia, Canada, the UK, Sweden and Greece refused to pick a side (cowards)

USELESS

What do you think about Ukraine abstaining from this vote? I'm so confused.

But of course good to see the majority asking for ceasefire and aid to Gaza.

5 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Why all those irrelevant island nations voted against ????? Literally for what reason????

+Austria 

It's so weird. Did they even read what they were voting on?

Same to those who abstained to vote. It's so disappointing to want to stay "neutral" or "unsure" like fuck off and do something useful.

27 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

What do you think about Ukraine obstaining from this vote? I'm so confused.

But of course good to see the majority asking for ceasefire and aid to Gaza.

I'm honestly not sure. I'm about to go out but I will do some reading when I come home

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I'm happy to see all the protests happening around the world this weekend and hundreds of thousands of people showing up, even on Roblox!

There's been huge protests happening in Washington D.C. every day for the past few weeks too, its really great to see

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

Why all those irrelevant island nations voted against ????? Literally for what reason????

+Austria 

No idea about Austria. But I read that the others voted no because they rely heavily on the American dollar, so it was basically a kiss-ass vote

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

"The Australian Government abstained for the simple reason that the resolution refused to acknowledge the culpability of Hamas for starting this crisis. It refused to state that Hamas carried out brutal and unprovoked attacks on Oct 7th".

https://youtu.be/UFy24i2E2cc?si=bBAva7VLRYQLsIcy

The last 5 Prime Ministers of Australia are also getting together to write a letter to support Israel's right to defend itself too.

So, like Australia, other countries who abstained must believe that some kind of reaction is justified, and they are all ignoring who the real victims of these attacks are- innocent people, and mostly women, children. They are ignoring what Israel's attacks are really doing. They may as well just have voted no. I honestly think they saw abstaining from  the vote as "the best PR measure".

19 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

USELESS

North Korea and Russia voting "for" and Ukraine voting "abstained" is the weirdest shit I've seen today :assad: at this point the countries do not care for the people, they're just doing this to show who are they friends with and who are they not friends with or to kiss someone's ass or to get money and shit. This isn't politics anymore, it's pure gambling. The worst thing is that Palestinian people's lives are at stake. And politics play with that :assad:

url%5D

On 10/29/2023 at 7:04 AM, Ultra Violet said:

"The Australian Government abstained for the simple reason that the resolution refused to acknowledge the culpability of Hamas for starting this crisis. It refused to state that Hamas carried out brutal and unprovoked attacks on Oct 7th".

https://youtu.be/UFy24i2E2cc?si=bBAva7VLRYQLsIcy

The last 5 Prime Ministers of Australia are also getting together to write a letter to support Israel's right to defend itself too.

So, like Australia, other countries who abstained must believe that some kind of reaction is justified, and they are all ignoring who the real victims of these attacks are- innocent people, and mostly women, children. They are ignoring what Israel's attacks are really doing. They may as well just have voted no. I honestly think they saw abstaining from  the vote as "the best PR measure".

I'm super surprised that Serbia abstained. (That's where I'm from)

We've had Kosovo similarly taken from us by the Albanians. So, you would expect Serbia to understand the situation as well. But I guess they're sucking up to the US and UN.

37 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I'm super surprised that Serbia abstained. (That's where I'm from)

We've had Kosovo similarly taken from us by the Albanians. So, you would expect Serbia to understand the situation as well. But I guess they're sucking up to the US and UN.

Exactly, they voted based on "what's in it for me?". I would feel so proud right now to be in a country that is calling out the genocide, like Brazil, Jordan and many others. None of this business bullshit.

1 hour ago, Ultra Violet said:

Exactly, they voted based on "what's in it for me?". I would feel so proud right now to be in a country that is calling out the genocide, like Brazil, Jordan and many others. None of this business bullshit.

100%.

Btw, the death toll has surpassed 8,000.  https://time.com/6329691/gaza-palestinian-death-toll-aid-warehouses/

I can not believe that the world is sitting idly (more or less) while this is happening. Is everyone just going to wait until all 2 million people are wiped out?

By the way, I love that celebrities with no stake in the matter, like Indya Moore, are getting arrested for protesting, or Jamie Lee Curtis, who lives and works in Jewish-heavy Hollywood is posting pro-Palestine posts with the risk of losing roles. Even (the crazy) Kanye West is warning against Jewish power in America. Also great to see so many protests...

I wonder if Lana is feeling stupid now for having signed that idiotic "thank you" note to Biden, who probably orchestrated the whole thing.

10 minutes ago, barttttender said:

100%

Btw, the death toll has surpassed 8,000.  https://time.com/6329691/gaza-palestinian-death-toll-aid-warehouses/

I can not believe that the world is sitting idly (more or less) while this is happening. Is everyone just going to wait until all 2 million people are wiped out?

I can't find any graph to visualise the death toll that's been updated in the last 1-2 weeks. People are really not understanding the scale of this. I would really like to see one that has deaths, injuries + the 200 hostages.

But in my search I did find this one covering 2008-2020. Sooo many more have died in the last 3 weeks than from the whole of 2008-2020.

16516.jpeg

How can anyone see this and not recognise who the large LARGE majority of the victims are from this conflict.

3 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I can't find any graph to visualise the death toll that's been updated in the last 1-2 weeks. People are really not understanding the scale of this. I would really like to see one that has deaths, injuries + the 200 hostages.

But in my search I did find this one covering 2008-2020. Sooo many more have died in the last 3 weeks than from the whole of 2008-2020.

16516.jpeg

How can anyone see this and not recognise who the large LARGE majority of the victims are from this conflict.

As always, the United Nations are only good at making infographics in the aftermath. Just like during the Bosnian War.

Good find though.

18 minutes ago, barttttender said:

By the way, I love that celebrities with no stake in the matter, like Indya Moore, are getting arrested for protesting, or Jamie Lee Curtis, who lives and works in Jewish-heavy Hollywood is posting pro-Palestine posts with the risk of losing roles. Even (the crazy) Kanye West is warning against Jewish power in America. Also great to see so many protests...

I wonder if Lana is feeling stupid now for having signed that idiotic "thank you" note to Biden, who probably orchestrated the whole thing.

Yeah this is really exposing a lot.

I can only hope Lana is indeed feeling stupid, but to me it looks like she's just paying no attention since the letter. I hope pro-Palestine attention keeps increasing so it hits her when she notices again.

5 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Yeah this is really exposing a lot.

I can only hope Lana is indeed feeling stupid, but to me it looks like she's just paying no attention since the letter. I hope pro-Palestine attention keeps increasing so it hits her when she notices again.

I just hope someone grows some god-damn balls on this planet and fights back at the Israelis.

11 hours ago, barttttender said:

I just hope someone grows some god-damn balls on this planet and fights back at the Israelis.

The reason why no country wants to fight Israel is because of the Samson Option, Where if Israel loses they will nuke every country. 

Copied from ABC: "Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday that Israel would not agree to a cessation of hostilities with Hamas in the Gaza Strip and would press ahead with its plans to wipe out the group. Mr Netanyahu said all wars have unintended civilian casualties and Israel's assault on Gaza, which Hamas controls, was a battle between "civilisation and barbarism", calling on allies to back Israel."

Jesus fucking christ. You can't just bomb the entirety of Gaza and be like "these 8000+ deaths are unintended".

Also the language they are using is just disgusting.