Ultra Violet

Israel-Palestine conflict (Israel-Hamas war)

40 minutes ago, honey dew said:

Why is America so deeply allied with Israel whats going on there

Basically this...

America needs a place in the area who are on their side for them to use probably for their military and to conduct business(invasions of arab countries) from.

All the other countries around there don't like America and America is always invading countries in the area.

The Epstein stuff probably is true also, that he worked for Israel and they have blackmail on American polticians also just to keep them in line so Israel can get away with doing whatever they want like war crimes.

I've also observed that, with regard to the media and politicians (in Australia, anyway), it all started off very pro-Israel but it has changed because of (I think) public sentiment. 

Like at the beginning we were lighting up the Opera House in blue and white and had politicians saying anyone supporting Palestine should be deported (lollllll)

Then the pro-Palestine rallies and protests started, and it has pivoted to be more neutral 

So I think people power is having an impact on governments and I hope all of the protesters don't give up. 

I just wish it'd have enough of an impact to help those in Gaza who are STILL without food, water, power and medical supplies/assistance. 

Also can I just say: fuck the UN, it is a completely useless organisation

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

8 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I've also observed that, with regard to the media and politicians (in Australia, anyway), it all started off very pro-Israel but it has changed because of (I think) public sentiment. 

Like at the beginning we were lighting up the Opera House in blue and white and had politicians saying anyone supporting Palestine should be deported (lollllll)

Then the pro-Palestine rallies and protests started, and it has pivoted to be more neutral 

So I think people power is having an impact on governments and I hope all of the protesters don't give up. 

I just wish it'd have enough of an impact to help those in Gaza who are STILL without food, water, power and medical supplies/assistance. 

Also can I just say: fuck the UN, it is a completely useless organisation

It's shocking how biased the media is and TV. Like this interview

38 minutes ago, Barry said:

It's shocking how biased the media is and TV. Like this interview

Although the whole interview is important and very telling of how media is steering away from the Palestinian perspective (the perspective of the most opressed) what she says at 9:00 should say enough. How can people not understand this? But still, please everyone listen to the whole interview if you haven't. She goes into much more detail.

Queen Rania is also such a good speaker. She pushes forward when the interviewer is trying to cut her off and bring it back to the biased questions she's meant to ask. You can't stop listening to her.

13 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

This thread is gonna turn into a dumpster fire

I don't know why you say that when we're all actually discussing and sharing information here + not even fighting about it. It's like you meant to post this in the "Lana signs letter to Biden" thread which is already a dumpster fire.

Im noticing a lot of people on this site wanting to shut down and belittle conversation that makes them uncomfortable to talk about, especially when they feel "above it".

4 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

Okay becky just you wait.. there's a reason this thread was never created until 21 hours ago

This does nothing productive except serve as like-bait to those who think real-world discussions about people dying is childish. Like what are you even trying to add here?

"

Palestinian death toll estimated at over 6,000

An estimated 6,546 Palestinians, including 2,704 children, have been killed and 17,439 wounded in Israeli strikes since October 7, the Hamas-run Gaza health ministry said.

In the past 24 hours, an estimated 756 Palestinians including 344 children were killed in Israeli strikes, the ministry said.

Israeli authorities report that 1,400 people have been killed and 5,431 injured, mostly from the October 7 attack by Hamas militants."

--------

This is so scary. We are not built to understand deaths in these numbers, let alone in 24 hours.

2 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

It's crazy when you look at the maps from 1967 until now

It's referred to as "Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories" for a reason 

And that reason is that Israel keeps building illegal settlements in Palestine (not vice versa)

Hamas literally said that this was the reason for the October 7 attacks. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't support violence against anyone, anywhere, ever, and I really feel for all the innocent people on both sides. 

But Hamas feels that Palestine is fighting for its very existence and desperate people will resort to desperate measures

These actions, in turn, stoke anti-Semitism. I've seen a lot of comments about "greedy Jews" and so forth which is very disheartening and alarming. 

I just think that the Israeli govt needs to look long and hard at this policy of taking land, and reconsider. And I think Western govts need to put pressure on them about it, too. 

What happened this month is basically a culmination of 75 years of occupation and apartheid. The fact that anybody is shocked that this happened… like just total ignorance. 

Some people are under the ridiculous impression that the Palestinians “elected” Hamas and are therefore complicit in the attacks - or that they should be held responsible for putting them in power. The last election in Palestine was in 2006. 7% of today’s Palestinian citizens voted for Hamas. 50% of today’s Palestinian citizens are under the age of 18.

I think it comes down to people being grossly miseducated. There is a 75-year history of occupation on Palestinian land by Israel, which has been supported and acknowledged by most Western nations (as well as Egypt) for the better half of a century. 

The only logical way to resolve this conflict - in a way that protects the lives of both current and future Israelis and Palestinians - is to call for an immediate ceasefire and for there to be an established UN commission that lets Palestine become free from Israel and form its own government - not one that’s been imposed upon them by Israel for the last 15+ years

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

1 hour ago, Wait For Life said:

Okay becky just you wait.. there's a reason this thread was never created until 21 hours ago

I have been considering making a thread about this for the past few weeks actually (and I'm sure others did, too) but I was worried it'd turn into whatever the fuck the Lana Signing thread is. 

So far this thread has been very respectful and @Ultra Violet included a lot of good resources for people wanting to learn more about the situation. 

If you don't wanna participate then do not? 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 hours ago, Get Drunk said:

For the same reason the US has had any war in the Middle East ever - influence and power over the region. 

So is Israel basically a Western country placed in the Middle East under the guise of originally being a home for displaced Jews but is actually designed to allow America to infiltrate and destabilise the Middle East by funding Israel's military to wage a proxy war on Palestine?

7 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Okay lol. I did my own research and figured it out and your comment was not helpful at all. You sound literally nuts. Take a deep breath. 

"The US, Israel’s staunchest ally, last week vetoed a resolution backed by 12 other members of the council, which would have called for a pause in fighting, because it did not do enough to stress Israel’s right to self-defence.

An earlier Russian-drafted resolution was also rejected.

Nearly 90 countries were on the speakers’ list for Tuesday’s debate including about 30 foreign ministers and deputy ministers, with many echoing calls for a ceasefire and a halt to attacks on Palestinian civilians amid widespread destruction in Gaza and the mounting death toll.

“We followed with regret the inability of this council twice to adopt a resolution or even to call for a ceasefire to end this war,” said Egypt’s Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry.

Link: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/25/us-resists-ceasefire-call-in-un-security-council-debate-on-israel-gaza-war

Maybe I sound nuts, but you sound a bit stupid.

12 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

:quote:

This is a crazy comparison what 

No it's not. Hitler was on a mission to exterminate Jews, which is a fact.

Similarly, Israel is on a mission to exterminate Palestinians - also a fact. 

How else would you categorize intentionally and mercilessly killing more than 5,000 innocent Palestinians (this month alone), half of whom are children?

Endorsing Israel and its allies at this point in time, is not at all different than endorsing the Nazis in the second world war.

The only difference is scale. But the intentions are exactly the same.

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

How else would you categorize intentionally and mercilessly killing more than 5,000 innocent Palestinians (this month alone), half of whom are children?

Endorsing Israel and its allies at this point in time, is not at all different than endorsing the Nazis in the second world war.

Trust me, some people are way more focused on the "initial" Hamas' attack and see it as a battle between two bad guys. :smh: It is def not 'Palestine started so it is time for Israel's counterattack', but I have seen quite many thinking this way. Huh..

59 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Israel is on a mission to exterminate Palestinians

No they are not.. they are on a mission to exterminate Hamas 

59 minutes ago, barttttender said:

An unfortunate and vastly overdone response to one of the worst terror attacks the world has ever seen by terrorist group Hamas - the intent of the Israeli bombings are to eliminate Hamas military targets, not to "exterminate Palestinians". Unfortunately, Hamas purposefully safeguards in civilian areas,  making it that so every bombing of a Hamas military target has a massive risk of civilian casualties

That being said I think Israel should have ceased fire a long time ago and that unlimited humanitarian aid into Gaza needs to be an utmost priority which it hasn't been and that is shameful

46 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

No they are not.. they are on a mission to exterminate Hamas 

An unfortunate and vastly overdone response to one of the worst terror attacks the world has ever seen by terrorist group Hamas - the intent of the Israeli bombings are to eliminate Hamas military targets, not to "exterminate Palestinians". Unfortunately, Hamas purposefully safeguards in civilian areas,  making it that so every bombing of a Hamas military target has a massive risk of civilian casualties

That being said I think Israel should have ceased fire a long time ago and that unlimited humanitarian aid into Gaza needs to be an utmost priority which it hasn't been and that is shameful

Your denial is severe.

Hamas is funded by Isreal. This state wants to exterminate Palestinians. It’s a fact.

There is ont bad guy. This situation is quite simple and isn’t a « conflict » by any means. 

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

Facts have been spoken.

Anyone supporting this genocide is as evil as Hitler.