Ultra Violet

Israel-Palestine conflict (Israel-Hamas war)

1 hour ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

No they are not.. they are on a mission to exterminate Hamas 

An unfortunate and vastly overdone response to one of the worst terror attacks the world has ever seen by terrorist group Hamas - the intent of the Israeli bombings are to eliminate Hamas military targets, not to "exterminate Palestinians". Unfortunately, Hamas purposefully safeguards in civilian areas,  making it that so every bombing of a Hamas military target has a massive risk of civilian casualties

That being said I think Israel should have ceased fire a long time ago and that unlimited humanitarian aid into Gaza needs to be an utmost priority which it hasn't been and that is shameful

Guurrrl, are you for real here?

First of all, Hamas is only a small, tiny part of Palestine. Most of the people there have nothing to do with it, and no ties with it what so ever.

For many days, Israel has been slaughtering the women and children of Palestine, who are unrelated to Hamas. This is all over the news. Have you been living under the rock?

And no, they're not throwing bombs on them because they think that's where Hamas are based... They are very deliberately targeting hospitals and other civilian areas. Moreover, sometimes they bully, beat and shoot innocent civilians in plain sight. They've even been filmed dancing and joking around WHILE they're doing it.

And don't get me started on their "response". If they had stopped at a 1000 people, in some twisted world, we could "justify" that as an eye-for-an-eye revenge for the Hamas attack. But they have done so much more and broken so many more international laws in their "response", causing a worldwide outrage.

Beyond that, they've been holding Palestinians captives for many years. If we're looking at things in an "eye for an eye" or "tooth for a tooth" way, then the Hamas's attack should have been far worse, given what Palestinians have been through. Losing their land, being forced out of their homes, humiliated, being placed in an open-air prison, losing their crops, and so much more.

So, please, go do some more reading, watch some videos (you'll find thousands of them on Instagram alone) before you say that Israel is only trying to exterminate Hamas. Because that is obviously, and very sadly, not the truth.

27 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

So you're a conspiracy theorist.. interesting 🧐 

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Hamas was indeed funded by Israel.

It's a conspiracy theory for sure. But the fact that Israel is now apparently allowed to break any international law under the sun and kill as many civilians as they want and get away with anything, complete with Biden's support, seems very "convenient" and premeditated.

Also, where is Hamas now? They seem to have fled the scene. 

2 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

An unfortunate and vastly overdone response to one of the worst terror attacks the world has ever seen by terrorist group Hamas - the intent of the Israeli bombings are to eliminate Hamas military targets, not to "exterminate Palestinians". Unfortunately, Hamas purposefully safeguards in civilian areas,  making it that so every bombing of a Hamas military target has a massive risk of civilian casualties

That being said I think Israel should have ceased fire a long time ago and that unlimited humanitarian aid into Gaza needs to be an utmost priority which it hasn't been and that is shameful

How is targeting schools, mosques, hospitals, the very road which people were supposed to evacuate on, not targeting civilians? Can you imagine having to leave everything within 24 hours, having to leave everything behind, living without electricity and food supply for now more than two weeks, especially when you were already displaced once or twice? The trauma that is inflicted on children? Hospitals having to run without electricity, without anesthesia? Do you genuinely think there’s no targeting civilians here?

The number of Palestinian deaths is 5 times as big as that of Israeli deaths, and it’s only going to get worse given the power of the Israeli army, the large support it gets - from Biden, among others - and the fact that despite the ethnic cleansing, despite the dehumanizing language that comes with it, despite the assassination of journalists, the vast majority of the West isn’t lifting a finger. In my country, demonstrations in support of Palestinians - not Hamas, Palestinians - are even forbidden.

I don’t get how anyone can genuinely think that cutting electricity and supply to 2.3 million people, when you’re incredibly more powerful than your enemy, which, by the way, is the only “force” on that “side” because Israel has completely killed each and every form of peaceful action, isn’t targeting civilians.

1 hour ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

what are you waffling on about..?

i think you’re forgetting the fact that this is not the first time they’ve killed palestinians

2 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

How is targeting schools, mosques, hospitals, the very road which people were supposed to evacuate on, not targeting civilians? Can you imagine having to leave everything within 24 hours, having to leave everything behind, living without electricity and food supply for now more than two weeks, especially when you were already displaced once or twice? The trauma that is inflicted on children? Hospitals having to run without electricity, without anesthesia? Do you genuinely think there’s no targeting civilians here?

The number of Palestinian deaths is 5 times as big as that of Israeli deaths, and it’s only going to get worse given the power of the Israeli army, the large support it gets - from Biden, among others - and the fact that despite the ethnic cleansing, despite the dehumanizing language that comes with it, despite the assassination of journalists, the vast majority of the West isn’t lifting a finger. In my country, demonstrations in support of Palestinians - not Hamas, Palestinians - are even forbidden

I don’t get how anyone can genuinely think that cutting electricity and supply to 2.3 million people, when you’re incredibly more powerful than your enemy, which, by the way, is the only “force” on that “side” because Israel has completely killed each and every form of peaceful action, isn’t targeting civilians.

Well said. It's crazy how some folks still don't get what's going on. 

I guess it's easier to turn a blind eye and not face the music. Always has been.

1 hour ago, Nahime said:

what a lame response :noparty:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CySx_mZsaAc/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

ask someone who speaks Hebrew to translate.

indeed, Israel may have supported the Hamas in the 80s.

a statement by an Israeli historian:
"In the late 1980s, Israel had supported the nascent Hamas in order to weaken Fatah, the secular nationalist movement led by Yasser Arafat"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/jan/07/gaza-israel-palestine

also interesting: https://theintercept.com/2018/02/19/hamas-israel-palestine-conflict/

11 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Also can I just say: fuck the UN, it is a completely useless organisation

This! People are dying in several wars, famines and disasters and the diplomats there are getting paid for what?

url%5D

11 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I've also observed that, with regard to the media and politicians (in Australia, anyway), it all started off very pro-Israel but it has changed because of (I think) public sentiment. 

Like at the beginning we were lighting up the Opera House in blue and white and had politicians saying anyone supporting Palestine should be deported (lollllll)

Then the pro-Palestine rallies and protests started, and it has pivoted to be more neutral 

So I think people power is having an impact on governments and I hope all of the protesters don't give up. 

I just wish it'd have enough of an impact to help those in Gaza who are STILL without food, water, power and medical supplies/assistance. 

Also can I just say: fuck the UN, it is a completely useless organisation

The UN is the only institution in which I have confidence. Don't forget their aid organizations.

13 hours ago, honey dew said:

Why is America so deeply allied with Israel whats going on there

A nation built on the back of colonists commiting mass ethnic cleansing and genocide supporting another country over land taken? It’s more likely than you think 

1200px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

10 hours ago, honey dew said:

So is Israel basically a Western country placed in the Middle East under the guise of originally being a home for displaced Jews but is actually designed to allow America to infiltrate and destabilise the Middle East by funding Israel's military to wage a proxy war on Palestine?

Not entirely- The US is just known for funding countries they want to ally and have influence over- like Osama Bin laden although that obviously backfired :rip:

I should probably mention what I said above was just a “theory” but to further make a mess of this-

Bin Laden, July 10, 1996: We were never at any time friends of the Americans. We knew that the Americans support the Jews in Palestine and that they are our enemies. Most of the weapons that came to Afghanistan were paid for by the Saudis on the orders of the Americans because Turki al-Faisal, the head of Saudi external intelligence, and the CIA were working together.

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Not entirely- The US is just known for funding countries they want to ally and have influence over- like Osama Bin laden although that obviously backfired :rip:

It’s funny you bring up Osama…. Because it took essentially a week for our government to track him down to a farm in Pakistan, neutralize him, and release the images only a week later. Meanwhile the entire world knows this “terrorist leader” of Hamas is in Qatar, but decides that the hostages his men took and the millions of innocents are to blame . So they are collectively punished. All I’m saying is that if the U.S./Israel really wanted to end Hamas they wouldn’t be carrying out a genocide. The plan has been communicated and clear since the beginning of this ordeal 

5 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

It’s funny you bring up Osama…. Because it took essentially a week for our government to track him down to a farm in Pakistan, neutralize him, and release the images only a week later. Meanwhile the entire world knows this “terrorist leader” of Hamas is in Qatar, but decides that the hostages his men took and the millions of innocents are to blame . So they are collectively punished. All I’m saying is that if the U.S./Israel really wanted to end Hamas they wouldn’t be carrying out a genocide. The plan has been communicated and clear since the beginning of this ordeal 

I mean you’re not entirely wrong by the US statement stance- there’s no way they’d agree or admit to any sort of what you’re suggesting though which is essentially colonising in 2023 💀

After watching the movie Killers of the Flower Moon and seeing what America has done to indigenous people it’s so crazy to me that we are witnessing a genocide of the Palestinian people right in front of our eyes and we cannot do anything about it …

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

3 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Is this a joke? The US vetoed aid to Palestine.. the permanent members of the UNSC make it such a pointless shitshow and an ineffective mechanism for global order & peace

I think the UN urgently needs a reform, it is also incomprehensible why Russia or France and GB are still permanent members. India should have a seat and the whole EU as a single entity, maybe also the African Union.