Ultra Violet

Israel-Palestine conflict (Israel-Hamas war)

36 minutes ago, oldandugly said:

so upsetting that the world is in pieces rn. cant everyone just b friends 

World needs this energy rn:

peace-world-peace.gif

url%5D

8 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

"VENGEANCE IS A DEAD END, THE ONLY WAY FORWARD IS JUSTICE"

- Riyad Mansou

Peace by vengeance brings the end :hdu:

url%5D

7 hours ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

After watching the movie Killers of the Flower Moon and seeing what America has done to indigenous people it’s so crazy to me that we are witnessing a genocide of the Palestinian people right in front of our eyes and we cannot do anything about it …

And the US is so effective at writing their narrative that people are in complete disbelief and even laugh at others calling this genocide. You can see that in the other thread....

14 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

No they are not.. they are on a mission to exterminate Hamas 

An unfortunate and vastly overdone response to one of the worst terror attacks the world has ever seen by terrorist group Hamas - the intent of the Israeli bombings are to eliminate Hamas military targets, not to "exterminate Palestinians". Unfortunately, Hamas purposefully safeguards in civilian areas,  making it that so every bombing of a Hamas military target has a massive risk of civilian casualties

That being said I think Israel should have ceased fire a long time ago and that unlimited humanitarian aid into Gaza needs to be an utmost priority which it hasn't been and that is shameful

1. Hamas is the governing body of Gaza, Israel made them the only viable power in Gaza. When you say they want to 'exterminate' Hamas, that also includes everyone in a governmental position down to social workers.
  2. Can you explain to me what will happen to the rest of the Palestinian people once the mystifying Hamas are 'exterminated'? Will they suddenly stop being kicked out of their homes? Will settlers vanish? Will settlers stop harassing and killing Palestinians? Will settlers stop burning down Palestinian's land... or even actual live Palestinians? Will the checkpoints disappear? Will the blockade end? Will Palestinians be able to rebuild? The answer to every question is no, because zionism started out as an imperial-sponsored settler colonial project and it still is to this day. An extermination of Hamas is inherently the extermination of Palestinian people- so yes, that's exactly what Israel wants and you've fallen right into it. Nothing more expected from someone who is repeating decades-old Israeli human shield propaganda- it takes one google search to uncover the projection behind those claims.
  3. Pick up a book.

So what is the ultimate end goal of the Free Palestine movement vs the end goal of Zionism? From what I've read a majority of both populations support a two-state solution. And if Jews originated from that area then I guess Israel should exist for them at the bare minimum right? 

4 minutes ago, honey dew said:

So what is the ultimate end goal of the Free Palestine movement vs the end goal of Zionism? From what I've read a majority of both populations support a two-state solution. And if Jews originated from that area then I guess Israel should exist for them at the bare minimum right? 

Israel did not originate from that area. Palestine was there first by far - the two-state solution was proposed after WWII because of the Holocaust and many displaced Jews. Israel’s command over the region continued to grow and displace Palestinians. To know a bit more about that whole situation, read up on settlers and how they took over (and continue to take over) Palestinian homes

Also - yes - a two-state solution would be the most meaningful and obvious way of settling things. It hasn’t been ever approved because of many difficulties (both states want control of Bethlehem/Jerusalem + other grievances and past history) and Palestine is split between two territories, which are divided by Israel. It’s difficult, but can be done

Im not an expert, this is just what I’ve read up

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

6 hours ago, honey dew said:

Honestly? The Israelis should just fuck off. There, that's the solution. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

It’s worth noting the actual landscape of the region and the history there. What will the US do if Iran (acting as the State) gets involved? What will Russia do if the US gets involved? What will the US-allied states, geologically sandwiched between Israel and Iran, do? 

When you look at the region as a whole, the Israel-Palestine conflict is tiny as far as the superpowers are concerned, but it’s acting as a catalyst.

Even with the above in mind, I don’t think Biden wants a war - Egypt and Jordan have brought up the two state solution, the Saudis have as well. If Biden continued to support Israel into a war with other states, he’d be crazy. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

On 10/27/2023 at 12:14 AM, honey dew said:

Jews didn’t originate from the area, but Jerusalem is their ‘promised land’, so there’s a belief that they belong there. They have as much of a claim on the region as Australians have on the UK (Jews historically lived there, just as Australians historically lived in the UK). 

A two state solution is ideal, but the thing is that a lot of Jewish people have moved to Israel over the last few decades, a huge portion of their population were never born there. Their own PM wasn’t born there. 

The Free Palestine movement demands a state recognition with borders, and a claim on Jerusalem. Jerusalem is a hugely contested issue, Obama ran on a platform of officially declaring Jerusalem to be Israel’s capital, which he never did. Trump ran on the same platform and followed through. 

It’s worth pointing out that over the last 80 years, Palestine’s borders have been shrinking and Israel’s growing. We’re at the point now where most countries don’t recognise Palestine at all. 

1 hour ago, Get Drunk said:

What will the US do if Iran (acting as the State) gets involved?

Profit off of the war while civilian Iranians die and fall deeper into poverty. Something they’ve done ever since they overthrew the Prime Minister in the 1950s. 

The US and UK care about their military industrial complex and nothing else. It’s why Israel even exists, it’s why the Middle East is such a mess, and it’s why there will never be a solution to this conflict. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

On 10/26/2023 at 1:15 PM, Ultra Violet said:

Tumblr is suppressing the #palestine tag as highlighted/trending despite it having more posts than other trending tags. #palestine has even more than the #gaza tag.

Wonder if other social media platforms are doing this.

Oh interesting, as of today they are now allowing #palestine and #free palestine tags to appear as trending. Did tumblr staff educate themselves or did they just try to cover themselves after listening to the criticism they were receiving?

Israel has disturbingly cut off almost all Internet and cellular service in Gaza. In the darkness, with no electricity, water, or means of communication, Israel began its heaviest bombardments on Gaza yet last night. 67 civilian deaths reported at two REFUGEE CAMPS that were targeted. Hundreds more injured. Other bombardments killed many more - though the number largely unknown as this has only happened in the last few hours. Also in the last few days, more white phosphorous - a nearly-illegal chemical weapon - was fired into Gazan cities. 

70% of overall Palestinian deaths have been women and children. Israel is committing a genocide against Palestine, punishing all Palestinians for the terroristic actions of their puppet government. Over 7,000 people have died in Gaza. Dozens have even been killed in the West Bank, where Israeli settlers have started a KKK-like campaign against Palestinian citizens. Joe Biden says he has “no confidence” in the amount of dead that Palestine has reported. In a UN vote, the US voted AGAINST(!!!!) a resolution that asked Israel to guarantee the “protection of civilians and [to uphold] legal and humanitarian obligations.” We are living in dark fucking times. 

https://v.aa.com.tr/3035501

https://x.com/marwasf/status/1718088497444110443?s=46&t=PC_JqthBNIYi6ibjaT6EsQ

https://x.com/missfalasteenia/status/1718061717949714798?s=46&t=PC_JqthBNIYi6ibjaT6EsQ

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

12 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Israel has disturbingly cut off almost all Internet and cellular service in Gaza. In the darkness, with no electricity, water, or means of communication, Israel began its heaviest bombardments on Gaza yet last night. 67 civilian deaths reported at two REFUGEE CAMPS that were targeted. Hundreds more injured. Other bombardments killed many more - though the number largely unknown as this has only happened in the last few hours. Also in the last few days, more white phosphorous - a nearly-illegal chemical weapon - was fired into Gazan cities. 

70% of overall Palestinian deaths have been women and children. Israel is committing a genocide against Palestine, punishing all Palestinians for the terroristic actions of their puppet government. Over 7,000 people have died in Gaza. Dozens have even been killed in the West Bank, where Israeli settlers have started a KKK-like campaign against Palestinian citizens. Joe Biden says he has “no confidence” in the amount of dead that Palestine has reported. In a UN vote, the US voted AGAINST(!!!!) a resolution that asked Israel to guarantee the “protection of civilians and [to uphold] legal and humanitarian obligations.” We are living in dark fucking times. 

https://x.com/missfalasteenia/status/1718061717949714798?s=46&t=PC_JqthBNIYi6ibjaT6EsQ

I don't trust Hamas' numbers very much, but even UNICEF says that more than 2000 children have already been killed in Gaza.

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

I don't trust Hamas' numbers very much, but even UNICEF says that more than 2000 children have already been killed in Gaza.

And even the Israeli PM said “we’ve killed thousands of terrorists”. 

12 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

I mean yeah that's fucked up but Russia voted FOR it (which is lolz) and countries like Australia, Canada, the UK, Sweden and Greece refused to pick a side (cowards)

The UN is just a political pissing contest

Even though it passed, nothing at all will happen

USELESS

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream