Ultra Violet

Israel-Palestine conflict (Israel-Hamas war)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-22/israel-hamas-ceasefire-hostage-release-deal-what-we-know/103135900

"Israel and Hamas have agreed to a four-day ceasefire after six weeks of war in exchange for the release of 50 women and children held in Gaza.

Hamas said in a statement as part of the deal Israel would release 150 Palestinian women and children held in the country's jails"

All of the hostages to be released at this stage are women and children under 19 years of age.

12 of the hostages will be released by Hamas per day (not sure what Israel will be doing in terms of that with the 150 prisoners), and the ceasefire may continue after the 4 days if Hamas continues to release 10 more per day.

(Btw I don't know why some of my text is smaller. I genuinely didn't mean to emphasise only one paragraph but cant fix it on mobile)

59 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-22/israel-hamas-ceasefire-hostage-release-deal-what-we-know/103135900

"Israel and Hamas have agreed to a four-day ceasefire after six weeks of war in exchange for the release of 50 women and children held in Gaza.

Hamas said in a statement as part of the deal Israel would release 150 Palestinian women and children held in the country's jails"

All of the hostages to be released at this stage are women and children under 19 years of age.

12 of the hostages will be released by Hamas per day (not sure what Israel will be doing in terms of that with the 150 prisoners), and the ceasefire may continue after the 4 days if Hamas continues to release 10 more per day.

(Btw I don't know why some of my text is smaller. I genuinely didn't mean to emphasise only one paragraph but cant fix it on mobile)

I mean it's a start. We can only hope that the ceasefire holds although in terms of the conflict, four days isn't much reprieve for the people of Gaza who have been under constant bombardment and existing in terrible conditions.

There needs to be some sort of deal for civilians to leave Gaza, if they wish to do so. We can't expect Egypt to shoulder all of the responsibility for this and other countries need to come to the party.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

48 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I mean it's a start. We can only hope that the ceasefire holds although in terms of the conflict, four days isn't much reprieve for the people of Gaza who have been under constant bombardment and existing in terrible conditions.

There needs to be some sort of deal for civilians to leave Gaza, if they wish to do so. We can't expect Egypt to shoulder all of the responsibility for this and other countries need to come to the party.

Absolutely, and yeah, like after all this time and 13,000 dead, its just a tiny spark of hope, not a resolution.

And best case scenario at this point: hostages continue to be released for more than 5 days, Gazans get ALL the support they need (for years to come as well), U.S. successfully sued for aiding genocide (already being attempted), and Israel sued for it too obviously. People need to keep refusing to let this be swept under the rug.

10 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Absolutely, and yeah, like after all this time and 13,000 dead, its just a tiny spark of hope, not a resolution.

And best case scenario at this point: hostages continue to be released for more than 5 days, Gazans get ALL the support they need (for years to come as well), U.S. successfully sued for aiding genocide (already being attempted), and Israel sued for it too obviously. People need to keep refusing to let this be swept under the rug.

Definitely, and it makes me really sad that it's already being relegated to the fourth or fifth news piece (same as what happened with Ukraine) as if all of this death and destruction is just normal and okay

It very much isn't okay. At least the protests are continuing.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

An actress from Scream film franchise was dropped from the new movie because she supports Palestine and the movie makers explained that anti-semitism has no place in this world. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz7ec5rvAhK/?igshid=MzY1NDJmNzMyNQ==

Like two different things duh :eyeroll2:

url%5D

3 minutes ago, Embach said:

An actress from Scream film franchise was dropped from the new movie because she supports Palestine and the movie makers explained that anti-semitism has no place in this world. 

Wtf that is awful. Are they also going to disown Jenna Ortega from the franchise for supporting Palestine?

9 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Definitely, and it makes me really sad that it's already being relegated to the fourth or fifth news piece (same as what happened with Ukraine) as if all of this death and destruction is just normal and okay

It very much isn't okay. At least the protests are continuing.

Yeah I've definitely noticed that. And barely any news channels ive seen have covered this yet and it's a huge update.

24 minutes ago, Embach said:

So, she's "anti-semitist" just because she posted something pro-Palestine? Typical.

Also, is anyone else shocked by all these videos of Israeli soldiers, civilians and children talking and singing about destroying Palestine? 

It's crazy!

Israel deserves to be cancelled as a country.

11 minutes ago, barttttender said:

So, she's "anti-semitist" just because she posted something pro-Palestine? Typical.

Also, is anyone else shocked by all these videos of Israeli soldiers, civilians and children talking and singing about destroying Palestine? 

It's crazy!

Israel deserves to be cancelled as a country.

Yup, saw a video of Israeli children singing about the IDF swooping in and bombing the city. Had to turn it off after like 2 lines. My ears bled just from reading the subtitles.

Remember what German children had to sing in ww2?

25 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Holocaust comparisons continue to remain absurd..

If they don’t wanna be compared to Nazis then maybe they should stop screaming “ANTISEMITISM!” every time they’re criticized for being monsters, they can stop punishing people for questioning (or even outright denying) the Holocaust — as silly as that may be, and they can stop using their pull in the US entertainment industry (run by Zionists) to cancel people and destroy the livelihoods of those who don’t agree with what they do. Allowing no dissent or disagreement is uhhhh, it’s giving fascism. And yes, the children singing about bombing people are giving “Nazi Youth.” If they’re gonna be so sensitive about Nazi comparisons they simply shouldn’t act like Nazis. 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

11 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Thats what Israel want though, them all to leave. I doubt many of them would leave anyway as probably everyone there has had numerous maybe dozens of friends and family and neighbors and teachers and local people killed there, leaving to many people would probably be like giving up and they all died for nothing.

What really needs to happen is for Israel to stop trying to control them and let them exist as their own country.

10 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Wtf that is awful. Are they also going to disown Jenna Ortega from the franchise for supporting Palestine?

https://nypost.com/2023/11/22/entertainment/jenna-ortega-exits-scream-7-over-wednesday-not-melissa-barrera-firing/

Jenna Ortega drops out of ‘Scream 7’ — and it’s not about Melissa Barrera’s firing

How convenient, an actor gets fired for supporting Palestine, then the very next day the main actor of the movie who also supports Palestine steps down from the movie but it has nothing to do with it :scoff:

There are a lot of immigrant Muslims living in Germany and right now Jews are actually living in fear (again) because all the hate is now directed at them. It's absolutely shocking.

https://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/absolutely-appalling-a-new-wave-of-anti-semitism-sweeps-across-germany-a-50e18e6a-03ae-4ea5-99ec-6d0c8753558a

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/24/rise-in-antisemitism-brings-germans-back-to-most-horrific-times

I'm in favor of pro-Palestinian protests, but you have to be careful that they don't turn into anti-Semitic violence (even though most of the protesters are actually peaceful).

10 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Holocaust comparisons continue to remain absurd..

It's absurd to keep denying it at this point.

I've posted several links and videos in here about Iraeli officials blatantly saying they want all Palestinians wiped out. Just because it's not plastered all over headlines in western countries the way "hamas" and "terrorist" is, people can so easily ignore and deny it.

People really think US support = the right side all the time don't they

D1jZ7kcU4AEl5Ir?format=jpg&name=900x900

A) 14,500

B) 30,000 injured and serious mental harm has been done to all Palestinians

C) cutting off food, water, fuel, medical aid. Also before Oct 7th, only allowing food into Gaza that was calculated to be just above levels of starvation.

Keep in mind only ONE of these points needs to be met to be considered genocide. And you only need to listen to what Israeli officials have been saying to know their intent. If you're going to ignore what I've shared in here about that, or refuse to look it up yourself, that's wilful ignorance.

Seeing a lot of privileged Europeans and Americans talking s*** and judging my country (and Jews), thinking that they know every single thing about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is WILD.

While a lot of you read their news straight from influencers' instagram stories or from TikTok, yet I'm the one living here, in this situation, for 20+ years.

Let's clear some misconceptions/ignorant things I've read here:

• Most Jews in Israel aren't white - a lot of us are Middle Eastern (including myself), so we literally got nowhere to go (my ancestors' countries ethnically cleansed all the Jewish people living there).
  • Most Israelis want PEACE and believed in the two states solution (unfortunately some stopped believing in it since October 7th), and don't agree with our goverment's actions (I personally protested against the government several times the past year)
  • Israel don't have any official responsibility for giving aid to Palestine (yet we've been doing that)
  • Some of you seem to forget/ignore - HAMAS IS A TERRORIST GROUP, WHO MURDER THEIR OWN PEOPLE! on October 7th, they k*lled Muslim Bedouins as well!
  • about the quote "Cease fire in Gaza" - every single time that there is a ceasefire between Israel and Palestine, Hamas is the one that breaks it, exactly like they did with the terrible massacre on October 7th
  • The quote "From the river to the sea" = the erasure of Israel & the Jewish people living here (again, most of us don't have second citizenships, we literally got nowhere else to live in)
  • Palestine got free in 2005 "In 2005, Israelis of the Gush Katif Israeli settlements were evacuated as part of Israel's unilateral disengagement plan, and all Israeli restrictions on internal movements ceased". Unfortunately Hamas got elected in 2007...
  • About some comments of IDF soldiers on videos - as a former IDF soldier myself, I'd NEVER support hurting of innocent civilians! Most Israelis don't! (except crazy right-winged people)
  • The Palestinians that are in Israelis prisons right now - are terrorists who tried to commit murders/bombings. Israel don't imprison innocent civilians, just like any other country don't.

One last thing - the word "Zionist" is being used as a slur in the past month, and it's 

Zionism = the belief that Jews needs a country. after the rise of antisemitism we're seeing going on in the world, proofs why we need a country.

I want to thank you if you took the time to read my comment. I still have hope we'll be able to live alongside Palestine peacefully.

May Palestine be free from Hamas, and we'll be free from Netanyahu.

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif