Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

Just now, Embach said:

%5Dupload

OOOH FUCKING RECORDING ACADEMY YOU WILL FUCKING PAY FOR THIS YOU FUCKING GRAMMY!!!!!!!!! I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY AND SAD, I'M FUCKING LOATHING!!!! I'M FUMING AND I'M FUCKING MAD!!!!!!!!!

FIRST THINGS FIRST, I UNDERSTAND THAT THE CHANCES WEREN'T HIGH ABOUT LANA WINNING AOTY AND SOTY, AFTER ALL I KNEW IT WAS A POPULARITY CONTEST SO I'M NOT SO MAD ABOUT THIS BUT

SHE LOST HER FUCKING ALT CATEGORIES TO FUCKING PARAMORE AND FUCKING BOYGENIUS? IN FUCKING CATEGORIES SHE HAD A FUCKING GREAT CHANCE WINNING IN THESE FUCKING CATEGORIES BECAUSE THAT ALBUM AND SONG WERE DOING NUMBERS IN THE ALTERNATIVE SCENE AND WERE FUCKING HIGHLY ACCLAIMED. AND SHE FUCKING LOST TO FUCKING PARAMORE? I FUCKING THOUGHT THAT THEG WERE THE ONLY THREAD IN THE FUCKING VMAS AND WE FUCKING BEAT THEM THERE!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

ANYWAYS SHE LOOKED VERY FUCKING BEAUTIFUL THERE, I LOVED HOW ROYAL AND MODEST SHE LOOKED THERE SERVING BRITS AWARDS 2013 AND HONEYMOON BANGS. I THINK MY FAVORITE GRAMMY DRESS OF HERS IS 2018 BUT OVERALL LOOK THIS MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE. TAYLOR LOOKED SO FUCKINC PRETTY TOO, WITH LANA THEY WERE SERVING YING AND YANG.

JACK WON PRODUCER OTY AGAIN? AT LEAST THIS COULD FUCKING COMPENSATE THE LANA SNUB!?

SORRY FOR WRITING IN CAPS BUT I'M SO FUCKING MAD, RECORDING ACADEMY VOTERS I'M READY TO FIGHT WITH YOU MY FISTS ARE FUCKING READY!?!?!??! WHO THE FUCK VOTED FOR FUCKING PARAMORE AND FUCKING BOYGENIUS!?!??!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

I don’t even need to read this I just know I feel every.single.word:oprah:

Honestly I think Lana is more loved by her fans and other artists (HUGE artists- the biggest) now more than ever. She's the singer that all other singers love. Shes one of, if not the #1, most referenced artist in pop AND alternative music. Fuck the Grammys. She really doesn't need them. She's always been on another level.

1 hour ago, Speed Driving Coconuts said:

I know Taylor probably meant well but holy crap it must feel bad to be dragged on stage to be with someone who won a category you were nominated for (let alone should have won). I don't think it's malicious on Taylor's part but it still annoyed me seeing how uncomfortable Lana was. A part of me feels like this was yet again another one of Taylor's pseudo girl power moments but idk, I'm also aware I have my biases against Taylor considering how I always get phony vibes out of her. 

i cannot imagine having to be up on a stage with everyone analysing your facial expressions in that moment. i can’t look at any of the pictures and i can’t watch the video because it feels unkind to watch! im astounded how well she kept her composure because i would be soo overwhelmed 

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Embach said:

TAYLOR LOOKED SO FUCKINC PRETTY TOO, WITH LANA THEY WERE SERVING YING AND YANG.

Yin* and yang :wubna: But that's exactly what I thought too. Did they plan it or something? Cause that was so cute, and really fitting for Taylor in white, Lana in black.

1 minute ago, Ultra Violet said:

Honestly I think Lana is more loved by her fans and other artists (HUGE artists- the biggest) now more than ever. She's the singer that all other singers love. Shes one of, if not the #1, most referenced artist in pop AND alternative music. Fuck the Grammys. She really doesn't need them. She's always been on another level.

the fact that all the HUGE artists that are inspired by Lana (Billie, Taylor etc) got Grammys and the person they’re inspired by didn’t get anything😭 unreal

Okayyyy there's this one thing I'm not mad about - I think it was right of Taylor and Jack insisting Lana to come one the stage because she was one of the contributors of the albums too, with Snow On The Beach. And Lana deserved that Taylor praise because Taylor knows that so much how huge has Lana's contribution been to the music industry and today's musicians. So yeah, I love Taylor for this.

Taylor and Lana were serving extrovert and introvert sister together hahahaha. I still love how shy Lana sometimes is! 🥲

1 minute ago, Ultra Violet said:

Yin* and yang :wubna: But that's exactly what I thought too. Did they plan it or something? Cause that was so cute, and really fitting for Taylor in white, Lana in black.

I think it was little bit planned yeah, at least the dress code thingy, that Lana wears black and Tay white

url%5D

Just now, oldandugly said:

the fact that all the HUGE artists that are inspired by Lana (Billie, Taylor etc) got Grammys and the person they’re inspired by didn’t get anything😭 unreal

Imagine if there was some category for IMPACT :crossed:

That's not what grammys are about but you know what I mean

Just now, Ultra Violet said:

Imagine if there was some category for IMPACT :crossed:

That's not what grammys are about but you know what I mean

I think that one day Lana will win that lifetime achievement award

url%5D

Didn't watch but i knew lana wasn't going to win. Why do people care so much every year? :oprah7:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

Ok, you should stop dragging Taylor. She def didn't want anything bad by bringing Lana on stage.
It was actually a lil bit funny to me cause I can relate as introvert.:flop:

Yeah, agreed + Lana was one of the contributors of the album too!

At least Tortured Poets and Lasso don't have to compete at the Grammy again since Tortured Poets is in the 2023/2024 Grammy season and Lasso 2024/2025 season :bebe:

url%5D