Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

I'm really disappointed because, just like most of you guys, I was so confident she was taking home at least one award. I know it's a competition and I don't want Lana to be a victim but this is all so unfair. Everyone was getting their awards, and nothing for Lana? Who was second best selling woman in the world, even more than the people she lost against? Who had one of the most monumental, critically applauded albums of the 2020s? Who didn't stop making the news for her magnetic performances at some of the most important festivals in the world? Who had the most talked-about album of the entire year? 

Midnights was the Best Pop Vocal Album, why give it the AOTY too? What Was I Made For won Best Song Written for Visual Media, the category it totally deserved as it was, well, the best song written for visual media of the bunch? How does that song reflect 2023 as Song of the Year, and not A&W with its actually thought-provoking lyrics?

Boygenius for Best Alternative Music Album; I know The Record was acclaimed too, but in what world Ocean Blvd wasn't the alternative album of the year? The one that's actaully left-field, deeply conceptual, with multiple sounds, instruments, dynamics and lyrics that actually represent the alternative side of music; topics that aren't talked about, that are feared by most, and not as explored as they should. Why give This Is Why Best Alternative Song, when its parent album won Best Rock Album? Couldn't they, really, give anything to Lana?

If this is a popularity contest, yes they all deserved... Miley, SZA and everyone else; but 2023 was undoubtedly Lana's popularity peak, and it only seems to rise. How, seriously how wasn't she awarded for that? What does she have to do to have this level of mainstream recognition? She doesn't need it, of course, as she's a critic darling, a festival darling, a GP darling... everyone loves her. She hasn't reached the tip of the "music industry" iceberg, but does she really need to? Prime TV, the Grammys, the Oscars... maybe her fate really is to be a trailblazer, watch all of her disciples come and go, grab the gold and the applause, but she will remain strong and influential, discussed and forever relevant.

I love you Lana, and I love you Ocean Blvd; others are thankful for seeing their favorite artists reach #1 and undeservedly break Grammy records; I personally am thankful for experiencing the music, for being part of this global movement that is Lana Del Rey, driven by her pure talent and timeless songwriting.

By the way, she looked breathtaking.

Grammys 2024: The Best Looks From The Red Carpet - NZ Herald

well.

good morning :keyboard:

i am obviously disappointed and it would have been great for her to win we all knew deep down how much of a scam the grammys actually are, they were obviously going to give it to swiffer and hillbillie :tiffany2:

next year xxx

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Lana (5), Olivia Rodrigo (6) and Jon Batiste (6) were the most nominated artists without a single win at the Grammys 2024.

Lasso next year or two gonna sweep :scajo2: Or maybe some other projects or songs or collabs. Maybe a new original soundtrack too, so she could win an Oscar too :oprah5: I know that Scammys are fucked up and corrupt but like...wouldn't it be nice for her if she just wins one day!??!?!

1 minute ago, PARADIXO said:

Lana (5), Olivia Rodrigo (6) and Jon Batiste (6) were the most nominated artists without a single win at the Grammys 2024.

Jon snubbed too omg :tommy:

url%5D

In 2014, Cedric Gervais won Best Remix with Summertime Sadness; Lana was not awarded for this.

In 2024, Taylor Swift won Album of the Year, which includes a Lana feature, but again Lana was not awarded for this.

:toofloppy:

1 minute ago, PARADIXO said:

In 2014, Cedric Gervais won Best Remix with Summertime Sadness; Lana was not awarded for this.

In 2024, Taylor Swift won Album of the Year, which includes a Lana feature, but again Lana was not awarded for this.

:toofloppy:

If they didn't change that goddamn rule she would've been nominated for AOTY three times this year. So fucked up

url%5D

This is just so unfair, disrespectful and disappointing towards Lana and I am so sad for her. But imo it was great that she got a shout out from Taylor and Jack and kinda from Billie too (she said that every song on that list was crazy good). And I am not the biggest Taylor fan but it was cute that she wanted Lana to be on the stage and gave her a little moment. Sure it was awkward a bit but imagine Taylor and Jack left her alone at the table, I am sure she would have gotten some hate for that too. And I mean Lana is a featured artist on Midnights as well and I am sure Taylor had good intentions.

I still can't find a logical reason why Paramore and Boygenius won over Lana in the alt categories and I don't think Midnights deserved AOTY and A&W definitely deserved SOTY. But in the end it's not the artists to blame for but the voters in the grammy comitee. They clearly don't like her for whatever reason and the voters comment mentioning SNL sadly said it all. I just hope Lana, knows how beloved she is, that is she doing insane streaming numbers, that she paved the way and that we all proud of her and her art and that she is truly ahead of time. I hope she stops caring about the Grammys bc they clearly do not deserve her at all but yeah she deserved to get a Grammy more than anyone else it is long overdue. Literally talked to some friends this morning about this which are more like casual listeners and they were shocked and in disbelief when I told them that Lana never won a Grammy. But luckily there is so much important things out there than having a Grammy but for sure it would have been a nice credit.

With that being said stream the true album of the year and of our hearts: Did You Know That There's A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

I think the "music industry" is scared of Lana, because she's one of the biggest pop stars in the world right now and she doesn't owe them anything. Her success has been through her own hard work over decades of persistence. As much as journalists tried to push the industry plant theories during BTD, deep down they all know that she's there, standing among them, because she sang to crowds of just ten people in bars, she wrote and wrote and wrote and pushed and pushed and pushed and when finally she hit the radios, people listened. And people loved her. 

The fact that Lana is the force she is without having a single Grammy, without getting huge radio play, without pandering to the critics, the zeitgeist, the egos that need stroking .. that's what they're all afraid of. Intimidated by. 

I think she's one of the only huge artists of our time who took the "traditional" struggle route (touring tiny jazz bars and local pubs) and went "viral" (on tumblr). She incapsulates both the old and the new way of gaining success. 

Plus, her music, her looks — they're endless homages to icons of the past. There's countless references to literature, movies, singers, poetry, cultural icons, fashion. And yet despite building so much on our collective nostalgia, Lana is authentically herself. Despite what magazines try to push, no Lana fan wonders who she is under her references. Nobody thinks it feels empty. It's such a feat to be able to effortlessly reference the past while influencing the future generations. It's been said time and time again how Lana is the reason that Billie, Olivia, even Taylor make the music they do today. For someone who is blinded by their own fear and hatred about Lana's struggles in the past, her "bad influence," her "inauthenticity," having an artist who is simultaneously able to exist in the past, present and future is the epitome of power ... power they didn't bestow and power they didn't want her to have :worship: 

She has built a legacy (and DYKTTATUOB was the cementation of that legacy, whether it won or not) that will surpass 99% of the people in the music industry currently ... 

And it's been said time and time again but things that appeal (mostly) to women are derided. Any kind of media. I totally get what Lana was saying in QFTC although it wasn't worded well (and this probably won't be either). Nothing has changed, not really. I know Lana said in the Billboard awards that she's glad people feel they can't express themselves now as it didn't feel that way in 2008, but I don't think anyone, Billie Taylor and Olivia included, is singing about the experience of being a woman like Lana is: Just look at A&W ... we still have some way to go before people (mostly MEN) accept that it's just as worthwhile to sing about the experience of SA, alcoholism, suicide ideation, abusive relationships, and family trauma as it is to sing about being powerful and strong as a woman (and you can be those things while singing about those topics that everyone just wants to ignore). It takes courage to sing about these things when so often nobody in your own personal life wants to listen! But singing to millions of people? The vulnerability? Beautiful. There are millions of women (and men) who see the power in that. 

On the same topic, I absolutely hate that some stupid articles before the Grammy's didn't even mention Lana's name once despite her being nominated in 2 major categories, yet mentioned Jack in relation to Lana's work. As much as I am happy for Jack for his win it feels much the same way that he won in part thanks to her artistry while she is barely mentioned in the media coverage, on the carpet ... anywhere. Except by Jack and Taylor themselves (:wub:). This might be controversial but it reeks of sexism to me. I just HATE how she is treated almost as if her name is dirty so they just avoid saying mentioning her as if she doesn't even exist. URGH I AM IN SUCH A BAD MOOD :smh:

oh you said it all :gclap:

27 minutes ago, SuperMegaStan said:

all i know is that she will always come back stronger than the last time. UV, NFR, OB are prime examples. let's manifest that with LASSO era :clapback:

THIS! Her popularity hit the roof after NFR snub despite the 2020 setbacks. Let's manifest her topping the charts next (very unlikely but still). 

Also I forgot to say that Lana looked STUNNING, GORGEOUS and BEAUTIFUL :wowcry:

@Black to Bluewe should definitely work on our psychic abilities :hide::bebe:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: