Elle

Barcelona, ES @ Primavera Sound - May 31st, 2024

This beautiful adlibbing (during what I assume was Ocean Blvd) :wowcry:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

It's a boring setlist and that's all. Nobody wants to hear live PWYC, Bartender, Born To Die, NFR and all those songs she has sung countless times having 9 studio albums and thousands of unreleased songs. :dorothy3:

But obviously her team will always treat badly and be rude to her fans, who are the ones who support her and listen to her music. :bebe:

Favourite Lana Live Performances - Page 7 - Lana Thoughts - LanaBoards -  Lana Del Rey Forum

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

This beautiful adlibbing (during what I assume was Ocean Blvd) :wowcry:

it's the way I would still stand in a queue for 12 hrs if these 5 seconds were all she did in her set..... ocean blvd you are that girl and I have a tattoo of you for a reason!

oh please taylor does two surprise songs *every night* there’s literally no reason lana shouldn’t do something similar with a discography as well known and vast as hers.

and ofc arcadia and hope of all things get cut *eyeroll*

3 minutes ago, honeymooooon said:

i dont think she needed to put on a whole new show since she didnt do places last year that shes doing this year but still why not adding new songs that we love?

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you but I feel like this is a decision that had to be made before the start of the tour and not between shows

we'll see how it goes :)

in my eyes the problem is her team. i suspect lana doesn't know how loud the calls are for her to change up the setlist and her team are just not telling her to when they really should :brigitte:

that combined with our old gal being the most stubborn person ever :bebe:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

i completely understanding wanting her to change the setlist but i do think a lot of this comes from us being super fans who watch every show she does :um4: like this is just a continuation of the tour from last year with an upgraded set design. most artists don't randomly change the setlist drastically throughout a tour. and i also get that she's been playing most of the same lana classics since like 2019 but that just seems to be how she is and what she likes doing. idk i just feel like it's not that serious and the average festival crowd that she's playing to definitely does not care. anyways she should add off to the races :typewriter:

♡ i'm a princess, i'm divisive 

Just now, UltraviolentJack said:

oh please taylor does two surprise songs *every night* there’s literally no reason lana shouldn’t do something similar with a discography as well known and vast as hers

I don't think she feels nearly as comfortable on the stage as Taylor and always assumed that maybe had something to do with it?

I mean of course if you follow along every show like we do it seems frustrating but when you think about the fact that the majority of people attending a given show rn are probably seeing Lana for the first time or at least the first time in 5+ years the setlist really isn't that bad objectively 

6 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

But obviously her team will always treat badly and be rude to her fans, who are the ones who support her and listen to her music. :bebe:

I don’t think it’s that deep :hillary:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

2 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

I don't think she feels nearly as comfortable on the stage as Taylor and always assumed that maybe had something to do with it?

if she doesn’t feel comfortable on stage this far her into her career then idk what to say lol 

It would be nice to hear a couple diff songs to switch things up, but I think one of the big reasons she hasn’t this year is because her set is a whole production now. She has a whole crew of background dancers doing choreography. Coordinating everyone  plus figuring out things like lighting and sound etc at a new venue each time needs to be rehearsed. I don’t think some of yall realize how much work goes into all of this if you’ve never been in theater/dance/any type of performance.

Not saying it’s not possible to change it up a little each time, but she’s also someone who isn’t a huge fan of performing at larger venues. Sticking to a main setlist probably helps her feel more comfortable in situations like that. She’s allowed to do whatever she wants. I don’t think it’s fair to compare her to other artists either, she’s a different person.
Having a new set for every show isn’t that easy especially when you’re traveling. Obviously she has a whole crew but it’s not something that’s easily done when you have all these moving parts and people. I do wish she’d switch out more songs from her shows last year and sing more from OB, but it’s not like nothing has changed at all from last year. She has added different things like the set design, choreography and some surprise songs (other than today). lasso isn’t even out so I don’t think people should expect a completely new show yet. 

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

2 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

I mean of course if you follow along every show like we do it seems frustrating but when you think about the fact that the majority of people attending a given show rn are probably seeing Lana for the first time or at least the first time in 5+ years the setlist really isn't that bad objectively 

saw her in 2019 was disappointed that it was too similar to 2018, saw her in 2023 and went to the bathroom during the same old songs i saw in 2018/19 lol

11 minutes ago, honeymooooon said:

im sorry but we saw performances of peppers and she had let the light in prepared for coachella and does songs dont AT ALL need to be performed with the respective collaborator 

she also added without you and west coast and doin time so she definitely had plenty of time to perform new songs.

i dont think she needed to put on a whole new show since she didnt do places last year that shes doing this year but still why not adding new songs that we love?

Fr, even if she just added high by the beach I’d be happy. 

We’re gonna be having this discourse for the next 5 years at this rate :air::brigitte:

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️