Sign in to follow this  
Embach

Additional Things You Would've Liked To Add To A Lana Song

The title is very long but worth understanding - which additional things you would've liked to add to a Lana song? It can be something instrumentally, lyrically or vocally.

Let's share our thoughts! :kiss:

url%5D

I have always envisioned additional dramatical orchestral strings in the background of Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind's chorus. Like something similar to National Anthem's or Bittersweet Symohony's intro strings 🎻🎶 But it would have made the song more dramatic than it already is...

url%5D

A proper electric guitar literally to any part of the last 3 albums 

Spoiler

Kidding 

Spoiler

Kinda

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Love this thread🙏

For me, I would make the production of American a lot darker, it is way too lively and pop-ish in my opinion. I would make the production more electric guitar focused and make the Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh lower pitch. 

I would also make the vocals in Fishtail a lot clearer and not so muffled 

Oh and I would make the vocals and flow of Arcadia more similar to the soundcheck in Quebec and make it more a acoustic guitar based song with a build up to The Trio at the end, just like A&W 

1 hour ago, Embach said:

I have always envisioned additional dramatical orchestral strings in the background of Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind's chorus. Like something similar to National Anthem's or Bittersweet Symohony's intro strings 🎻🎶 But it would have made the song more dramatic than it already is...

Agreed that CWIMM should have been made more impactful with something else in the production! The strings in Bittersweet Symphony are so unique. They're very bright and uplifting. Something like that would be so interesting.

I also wish Cherry had louder strings in it. The ending could have been more cinematic. I attempted putting more strings on it from an orchestral cover, and it sounds better, but not like what i really imagine. They wouldnt even need to be long strings, just more of what was already in the song, but more emphasised.

I just need to know if we have the full version of 1949 or not....

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

Oh- also fix the glitch in white dress bc every time I hear it it makes me want to die.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

Let The Light In is perfect as it is but I have always envisioned or like when I'm singing it own my own, I always add this weird little thing:

'Cause I love to love, to love, to love you (LOVE YOU!)
I hate to hate, to hate, to hate you (HATE YOU!)

Like those little things in the brackets are like faint background shouts, similarly to The Blackest Day's post-chorus:

Because I'm going deeper and deeper (DEEPER!)

Harder and harder (HARDER!)

And this part in the chorus of Let The Light In has always reminded me of that part in the post-chorus of The Blackest Day. Has anyone felt that way too?

url%5D