Elle

Lana Del Rey interviewed for The Times

20 hours ago, taco truck said:

Excited for the fact she said she wants to keep things a bit more “simple” for the next album, as I personally wasn’t a huge fan of the extreme wordy style of ocean blvd

I honestly don't mind what she does besides trying to write a successful political song. I read that part and was like nooooo we don't want that :( From anyone

8 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I know it’s a tabloid and they like to talk about drama, but I wish they’d focus more on her actual music instead of her relationship status. I just know OB will age like fine wine with all the success it’s had so far

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

On 12/3/2023 at 3:53 AM, ivory almond said:

she probably feels like she's coming up to a point in her life where she'll have to choose between motherhood or experiencing as much as possible

and it sounds like she's going for the latter

"its giving fig tree"

11 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I honestly don't mind what she does besides trying to write a successful political song. I read that part and was like nooooo we don't want that :( From anyone

I love politicial Lana songs :(

url%5D

1 minute ago, Chemtrail said:

They end up stuck in one era though. They have nice production but meh.

Not really, history tends to repeat itself in many ways, so the message could be still relevant in one hundred years, for example. Also Lana's political songs aren't like 100% political, so you could have many other interpretations too. 

url%5D

31 minutes ago, Embach said:

Not really, history tends to repeat itself in many ways, so the message could be still relevant in one hundred years, for example. Also Lana's political songs aren't like 100% political, so you could have many other interpretations too. 

They're quite vaguely written, it just seems unnecessary honestly but she's going to do what ever she's going to do lol

5 hours ago, Chemtrail said:

They end up stuck in one era though. They have nice production but meh.

i do feel this way about a lot of political songs *cough cough* marina *cough*, but there are a few political songs that i think capture a feeling well and i could imagine being written throughout various different periods in history - when the world was at war for example i feel like is a good one 

This was such a good interview. I'm glad he let her talk, instead conteplating her authencity *yawn*. But I love at the end how she asked if he had a horrific question to ask her! She's such a strong Scorpio Rising queen!!!

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

On 12/3/2023 at 9:01 PM, The Sun Also Rises said:

Thank you! You were both right. I managed to get it from my local corner shop. It's sold in a big bundle with the main newspaper, mini newspapers inside it, and 5 magazines (one of which is the Culture one!). 

I really wanted to get this interview in print. I don't yet have the words to describe what I felt reading it. Hearing her delve a little deeper into the context of Kintsugi, what I suspect is her not having a place in the MeToo moment (A&W lyrics), Swan Song, everything— like I said, I don't have words. The final quote, “We’ll see what melts the wings," is one of my all-time favourites from a Lana interview and what cemented the fact I needed this in print. It's gorgeously expressed. It encapsulates her spirit. 

405280033_1546594132755526_6027272711610

393179924_317487731099840_17065440724635

385534693_769052831930942_16490255392487

I really want that magazine. Never liked this (cut) photo so far, but the full version is so beautiful! Also want that beautiful interview printed. But hard to come by in Germany, int. magazines are easier to find than newspapers. 

It was expensive watch it 

On 12/2/2023 at 7:34 PM, taco truck said:

Excited for the fact she said she wants to keep things a bit more “simple” for the next album, as I personally wasn’t a huge fan of the extreme wordy style of ocean blvd

I hope she also means maybe a little less produced, as parts of OB felt like outside influences overshadowed her raw talent. I still really liked the record, I’m not knocking it. I just think there was filler that didn’t add much to the project as a whole.

I wouldn’t mind a stripped down album like Blue Banisters again. A raw showcase her lyrics and vocals at a more laid back pace. 

She’s evolved as an artist. It felt like NFR was a turning point in her art and I think OB is another one of those turns. A bit of a reset and she seems to be very inspired recently. More than I can recall in several years.

Even though my initial reaction to a “country” record was cringe, I’m really warming up to it, if it were to happen. Especially after hearing her recent covers. 

I really do love all these interviews too :wub:

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879