Sign in to follow this  
lanaismamom

Projects that had potential

What projects, that were confirmed to exist, but scrapped, are your favorite, that you really wish they would come into fruition, as planned?

Just for the record, most of these projects that I'm talking about:
— Scrapped Lana Del Ray a.k.a. Lizzy Grant tracklist (In an interview on a French page it was revealed, that Lana wanted to change her name on the cover to "Lana Del Ray" and add some new songs to the record right before its release, but manegment wanted the album to be as it was)
— Various srcapped Born to Die tracklists with tracks like "Hundred Dollar Bill" (Emile Haynie Version), Queen of Disaster or Kinda Outta Luck
— Video for "Dark Paradise"
— A full-length studio album Paradise, not attached to Born to Die era
— Acoustic 2013 project (named Tropico)
— Unknown project made with Barrie in 2013
— Original Ultraviolence with Rick Nowels
— Video for "Pretty when You Cry"
— Scrapped Lust for Life tracklist with "Yosemite" and "Best American Record"
— Scrapped Lust for Life B-Side album with outtakes
— Unknown 2017 hip-hop mixtape with different features
— Norman Fucknig Rockwell! as a concept album, that was developing in early 2018
— White Hot Forever
— Second poetry book Behind the Iron Gates - Insights from an Institution
— Album of covers
— Album with Nikki Lane

For me such projects are
1. Making "Cola" a second single and releasing the video for it
2. Scrapped deluxe edition of Ultraviolence with tracks "Fine China" and "Your Girl"
3. Scrapped Lust for Life B-Side album with outtakes

And I possibly looking at the idea of turning Paradise into the full separate album, I really feel like songs from September 2012-February 2013 are so-so Paradise coded, I wonder what would've been if she tried to include there songs like Angels Forever (Demo Version), Ave Maria, Wild One, I Talk to Jesus, and I Don't Wanna Go,

but I'm not sure yet if it would've looked right, I still imagine Paradise time as its own thing, but in Born to Die universe, if that makes sense

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

She should've done a b-side + demo album for every album because she has like million outtakes and demos from each era.

Also A&W music video!

url%5D

2 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

Lana X The Last Shadow Puppets Record

actually the project has never existed, it was said they were having sessions not with intention of releaseing stuff, but just because they felt like it, and they recorded only a few cuts (Valley of the Dolls, Thunder, California, Dealer, and probably a few other unknown tracks) unless you meant you would wish the expandig of that music direction:true:

not necessarily a project, but lizzy and steven mertens made some fantastic stuff together, and it would be cool if they worked together more and there was a more solidified mertens' AKA, we don't have steven mertens versions of oh say can you see, for k, pt. 2, raise me up (mississippi south), pawn shop blues, or yayo, although there's definitely a chance more stuff produced by steven mertens exists and are out there

i definitely agree with tropico, some of her work from that period of time is her best :legend: 

although i'm certainly not a lust for life hater, and the fandom in general has warmed up to it, i feel like the original lust for life concept that was more atmospheric would've been a better follow-up to honeymoon, lust for life demo 1, yosemite, poetry in motion, best american record...

also, i'm really glad her management didn't allow her to add any extra tracks on AKA before it was released because it's perfect the way it is :bebe: however, i prefer the current tracklisting over the original one that began with for k, pt. 2 and ended with mermaid motel, the official tracklisting is just so perfect, it's hard to imagine it used to be so different

WGe8ynS.gif

I honestly think every music video that didn't happen should be considered wasted pontential. Maybe except the military\war one lol.

Image used to be such a high standard and appeal of the "Lana Del Rey Brand". Music videos for Dark Paradise, Cola, Get Free, Cherry... all of them had potential. I mourn a little she packed a punch with her videography but ever since Lust For Life it took a real backseat. We did get The Greatest + Fuck It I Love You but... meh. 

Definitely The Last Shadow Puppet collabs.

And she knows she could have released an "Unreleased Tracks" album and it would have been her second or third most-streamed album. But i wish there was a specifix focus on BTD outtakes as they are pretty consistent in themes and production too.

12 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

actually the project has never existed, it was said they were having sessions not with intention of releaseing stuff, but just because they felt like it, and they recorded only a few cuts (Valley of the Dolls, Thunder, California, Dealer, and probably a few other unknown tracks) unless you meant you would wish the expandig of that music direction:true:

I thought Valley of the Dolls was just a voice recording “demo” that Lana sent to Zach? Did they actually record it?

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I thought Valley of the Dolls was just a voice recording “demo” that Lana sent to Zach? Did they actually record it?

from what i know, valley of the dolls is related to the album she did with the last shadow puppets, and it was actually sent to jack antonoff, interestingly :daydream:

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, Surf Noir said:

from what i know, valley of the dolls is related to the album she did with the last shadow puppets, and it was actually sent to jack antonoff, interestingly :daydream:

Well she should send it to him again and they should rework it for LDR10:seeit:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

4 hours ago, taco truck said:

he definitely produced instrumental and the vocals seem to be a studio recorded too it’s just the file that could be taken is that bad quality and as far as i know there’s no other version that could sound better because they never worked on it more

Chemtrails could have been incredible, I wish she would have kept the original concept that she spoke about early on. I mean the title track is flawless. Honestly Chemtrails, Tulsa, Wild At Heart, Dark But Just A Game, NATWWAL, and Dance Till We Die are all amazing. I think it should have had to more songs similar to the vibe of Violet. 

13 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

also, i'm really glad her management didn't allow her to add any extra tracks on AKA before it was released because it's perfect the way it is :bebe: however, i prefer the current tracklisting over the original one that began with for k, pt. 2 and ended with mermaid motel, the official tracklisting is just so perfect, it's hard to imagine it used to be so different

i want Trash Magic to be added into AKA :crossed: