Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

The issue is that her team overhyped this so we were waiting for something new and/or shocking. She did have multiple guests, that was not a lie and there were “new” songs mixed in (basically the Jealous Girl intro??) and we don’t know the exact words Ben used in that convo with a fan. And there were rumours about an announcement but I’m not sure where that came from, but if she has one then next weekend is probably better for that?

But I honestly think the crowd looked bored for the most part, they’ve been there all day and she then plays some of her slowest songs at midnight

I will be watching again next week, I hope she has a different setlist planned. The Lasso imagery on that UMG live chat has me hopeful still

1 minute ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

In 2 weeks you’ll think its iconic

some of us already know

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

I think she needs a better tour designer or someone she can work with to make her shows a cohesive performance cause it seems like she has good ideas (the motorcycles, the terrace, the stripper pole, hologram) but like with the awkward transitions and minutes of dead air in between some tracks makes it seem like the show was never ran through in full before being put on and then all the other shit that was wrong with the show performance wise and technically like gurl this was rough 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Just now, West Coast said:

I know it's hard pill to swallow for some fans, but for a lot of people, unless you're a hardcore Lana fan, she's just not a very exciting live act--and if you add the lack of upbeat material to the equation, it really doesn't help defeating that perception. 

She use to be, . But last time I've seen that energy was the Endless Summer tour unfortunately, that's just my opinion 

I’m just saying I’m glad I watched this from my bed and not from a cold desert floor with a twink screaming about Billie in my ear 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I’m just making this up tbh but I lowkey feel like Lana also feeds from the energy she gets from the crowd and from the livestream I saw half the crowd weren’t even singing - again tho this is just what I saw and isn’t reality I know but I think this could have thrown her off too

giphy.gif  

feeling her shake the nerves off a bit during the ride monologue and then watching her deliver the song so beautifully in front of that crowd made me so emotional 

1 minute ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

In 2 weeks you’ll think its iconic

ya to be fair I also thought her first show for the 2023 festival tour was a disaster (with the 5 min weird interlude immediately and bizzare costume/wig change) and it's kind of iconic now, so hopefully you are correct

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

I gotta get all my negative emotions out before I go to sleep so I can wake up to serenity and willful ignorance about this night and performance :bop:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Just now, jealous girl said:

The issue is that her team overhyped this so we were waiting for something new and/or shocking. She did have multiple guests, that was not a lie and there were “new” songs mixed in (basically the Jealous Girl intro??) and we don’t know the exact words Ben used in that convo with a fan. And there were rumours about an announcement but I’m not sure where that came from, but if she has one then next weekend is probably better for that?

But I honestly think the crowd looked bored for the most part, they’ve been there all day and she then plays some of her slowest songs at midnight

I will be watching again next week, I hope she has a different setlist planned. The Lasso imagery on that UMG live chat has me hopeful still

I just hope that the next one is also streamed cos this cannot be her only streamed Coachella set. Like I'm getting more and more upset and mad it it as I think about it more. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Just now, Mer said:

I’m just saying I’m glad I watched this from my bed and not from a cold desert with a twink screaming about Billie in my ear 

NAH that twink when billie showed up:thumb3: