Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

For next week I just hope we get new, faster paced songs and that everyone on the Coachella sound team gets fired and replaced with better people :smile2:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

Woah, those who didn't like it really hated it :stunned:

I definitely think they're overreacting. Sure, it wasn't her best show, but it's far from being her worst. She's always had the same energy live, it's not new. She's mentioned way many times that she doesn't feel comfortable touring and performing live, yet people seem to forget about that. The technical problems weren't her fault, it was just unfortunate :bebe: 

Well, most of you didn't want Taylor to join her cause she'd outshine her? Well, Billie seemed to have done exactly that according to reviews :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I just wanna say that I actually liked Lana and Billie's performance together and that it was really gorgeous :wub:

The intro is probably her most iconic ever, and she looks absolutely stunning. Her dress and makeup are perfect!!

The complaints about the vocals are completely valid, she is singing a bit more than I remember, but the backtrack and background singers are doing the heavy lifting, and it's not like Lana is running around the stage or exerting a lot of energy...

there is clearly sound issues though, because she both asks Byron to be louder one song, and then to go lower a couple songs later..the sound techs clearly had no idea what the mixing should have been

"Don’t forget me"

i’m really looking forward to rewatching this tonight when i get back home!! and i’m already thinking of so many moments from the show i want to see again which is telling me the performance will actually age well :true:

i think we need to be a bit more positive, I think the performance was amazing and totally blew me away. 
all the songs sounded much better than I thought despite the mic issues and also the guests were really on theme and supported the act 

also the choreography and visuals were definitely a step up they were great i'm glad there was none of the white cloth going on. 😭 Especially pretty when I cry the choreography was really good there.

The only criticism is the hologram, I would have preferred if she actually sang hope is a dangerous thing but it was cool 

Del Rey has become an icon for the dour and terminally online” 

I really hate The Guardian’s portrayal of us as depressed incels, especially since we probably fuck more as a fandom than every other one combined. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

6 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i totally agree w u i think the show was amazing i was frustrated w some of the song choices at the time and mic issues but seriously it was amazing. i loved hearing her gain confidence- the confidence she gained only 3 songs in is really impressive! i imagine next saturday she’d be even more comfortable

i literally believed she was going to come in a helicopter like i need to re evaluate my brain

Same. I actually really love the community on here since we all are just so obsessed with her, but I think it’s messing with my brain…. The fact that I had myself convinced she was bringing guns out… but also that motorcycle entrance was fucking unbelievable. We really need to be talking more about that because that is some delulu shit we would’ve made up and it came true.

Just now, Mer said:

I really hate The Guardian’s portrayal of us as depressed incels, especially since we probably fuck more as a fandom than every other one combined. 

Agree, throughout all my Lana boards scrolling yesterday I managed to get it in 

Just now, Mer said:

" This time, she rode in on a biker motorcade, clad in a baby blue sequin dress, smiling and waving like the beauty queens she’s prone to singing about. It was ambitious, lively crowd work – literal momentum to started the show off right. But then she opened her mouth." 

is completely brutal. 

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

" This time, she rode in on a biker motorcade, clad in a baby blue sequin dress, smiling and waving like the beauty queens she’s prone to singing about. It was ambitious, lively crowd work – literal momentum to started the show off right. But then she opened her mouth." 

is completely brutal. 

:whoopi:

Just now, NikoGo said:

is completely brutal. 

The Guardian editors’ attempts at journalism are ambitious and inspiring. But then they start typing 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Just now, Mer said:

mind you lana del rey fans are probably the most likely fandom to enjoy poetry and get off the phone like please 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

is completely brutal. 

:girlbye:

giphy.gif

oh no i just woke up and ppl on reddit are saying a bunch of people were leaving not even halfway through the show and that it was really boring :(

of course we’re lana fans so…we don’t have any complaints and we know how chill she is live. but you have to think about how this is a general crowd that isn’t gonna fangirl over her ballads. lana is not a huge performer at all, she’s rarely hyped at her shows/doesn’t entertain the crowd much which is fine, i’m happy to see her stand and sing. but for coachella…people expect more energy :/ 

Spoiler

IMG-1342.jpg

IMG-1343.jpg

IMG-1346.jpg

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ