Your Girl Lana

Young & Beautiful

I feel like the bridge should be  he's my sun, he makes me shine, like diamonds in the sky. :derpna:

I keep singing it like this too. And

I’ve seen the world done it all,
Had my cake, now I'm full.
Diamonds, brilliant,
And Bel Air, now.

:magikarp: Srsly, I can't sing that song without singing those lines too.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I don't care how childish the song is, I still like it. But I gotta admit I enjoyed your alternative versions a bit more than the original lyrics, lol :blush2:

And the wind I know it’s cold

The most stupid part of Y&B is IMO:

All that grace, all that body,

All that face, makes me wanna party.

The two lines made so only because they rhyme ("body"-"party"). At least it sounds so to me. Can't put it into right words but many lines in this song sound as if she didn't care about how they suit each other, deciding to write absolutely whatever.

And I'm probably the only and most awkward one to perceive it like this... But I dislike the "diamonds in the sky" thing (with an exception of its use in "Cola", maybe because that song is well-written on the whole). This metaphore is silly IMO. I mean, what diamonds in the sky? In the sky there are STARS which can be shining LIKE DIAMENTS. I just find it going too far and although you know what she means by that, it isn't good.

So I think it's good she used it without "in the sky".

And the wind I know it’s cold

One of my favorite songs! Still, the lines " All that grace, all that body / All that face, makes me wanna party"  are awful LOL

Also, for some reason I always hear  "Hot summer days, rock and roll, / The way you’d play for me ere your show." 

One of my favorite songs! Still, the lines " All that grace, all that body / All that face, makes me wanna party"  are awful LOL

Also, for some reason I always hear  "Hot summer days, rock and roll, / The way you’d play for me ere your show." 

It's one of my favorite Lana songs too.

It's so touching.

And the MV is one of her best

So, the other night in Minneapolis Lana changed the lyric to "Diamonds, lost my friends, in Bel Air now."

Originally, I assumed this was about Jonathan Wilson since a little bit ago he unfollowed her on instagram, deleted any posts with her in it, and they haven't been spotted together since 2016. Even her "thank you" to him in her Lust for Life booklet suggests something may have happened between them.

But then I saw someone on twitter mention it could be about Stella since they haven't been pictured together since November and Stella isn't on tour with her, when usually she is. Of course, Stella has been Lana's assistant from the beginning (although some may not have recognized it since Stella looks a LOT different now then she did a few years ago - she used to be brunette and has definitely had lip fillers) but they recently started becoming close friends since the end of 2015. 

This became more interesting to me as I realised that her hairstylist Anna & makeup artist Pammy aren't on tour with Lana either, and they've also been with Lana since the beginning. So maybe Lana had a huge falling out with many members of her team? Or perhaps I'm reading too much into it. 

What do you all think she was alluding to with this line?

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

So, the other night in Minneapolis Lana changed the lyric to "Diamonds, lost my friends, in Bel Air now."

Originally, I assumed this was about Jonathan Wilson since a little bit ago he unfollowed her on instagram, deleted any posts with her in it, and they haven't been spotted together since 2016. Even her "thank you" to him in her Lust for Life booklet suggests something may have happened between them.

But then I saw someone on twitter mention it could be about Stella since they haven't been pictured together since November and Stella isn't on tour with her, when usually she is. Of course, Stella has been Lana's assistant from the beginning (although some may not have recognized it since Stella looks a LOT different now then she did a few years ago - she used to be brunette and has definitely had lip fillers) but they recently started becoming close friends since the end of 2015. 

This became more interesting to me as I realised that her hairstylist Anna & makeup artist Pammy aren't on tour with Lana either, and they've also been with Lana since the beginning. So maybe Lana had a huge falling out with many members of her team? Or perhaps I'm reading too much into it. 

What do you all think she was alluding to with this line?

she got inspired by reputation

12 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

do u think this was considered for tropico or it was already in consideration for a movie before the paradise album release?

I think she had originally written it as just a normal song on a record (so could be Tropico, given the timing), and then they decided to use it for the Great Gatsby soundtrack. I'm like 85% sure I saw that somewhere, maybe in the album process discussion forum