Sign in to follow this  
takemybreath

Lana signs publishing deal with Universal Music Publishing Group

ย 

๐’Ž๐’‚๐’š๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’Š'๐’Ž ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐’Š๐’” ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐’Ž๐’†

โœงย ห–ยฐ. โ‹†โญ’หš๏ฝกโ‹†.ย * : โœงย . : * : โ˜† * โœงย ห–ยฐ. โ‹†โญ’หš๏ฝกโ‹† ยฐ. ย โœง ห–ยฐ

ย 

ย 

ooohh what is this, can someone with the knowledge explain to me... ? i dont get it, isn't she always an UMG artist?

@WHORE OF TROPICO ย  โ‡จ ย  @SALVAWHOREย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFsย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon โ€” ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

ย 

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

when lana del rey news becomes world news :true:ย 

:true:

ย 

๐’Ž๐’‚๐’š๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’Š'๐’Ž ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐’Š๐’” ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐’Ž๐’†

โœงย ห–ยฐ. โ‹†โญ’หš๏ฝกโ‹†.ย * : โœงย . : * : โ˜† * โœงย ห–ยฐ. โ‹†โญ’หš๏ฝกโ‹† ยฐ. ย โœง ห–ยฐ

ย 

ย 

No clue what it means--how will this affect future releases?ย 

โŠน (:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…[ฬฒฬ…:โ™ก:]ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…) โŠนย 

๐“Š”ย I took the miracle move on drugย ๐“Š”

โš•๏ธย The effects were temporaryย โš•๏ธ

โŠน (:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…[ฬฒฬ…:โ™ก:]ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…) โŠนย 

Quick searching I did:

ย 

While the record deal establishes ownership of and royalties paid on the recordings made by an artist for a record label, the publishing deal is all about exploiting the copyright in the songs themselves (ie, melodies and lyrics), and ensuring that the songwriter gets paid whenever theyโ€™re played on the radio, online or live in front of an audience.

There are hundreds of publishing companies operating in the global music industry, spearheaded by the heavyweight likes of Kobalt, BMG and Warner/Chappell. No matter how big or small any given publisher is, though, they all serve the same purpose: maximising the income generated by their artistsโ€™ songs. As well as doing everything they can to get the original recordings of those songs licensed for public play as often as possible, this also means convincing other musicians to record and release cover versions of them, thereby multiplying the revenue stream.

ย 

Someone who has more knowledge can confirm but I don't think this impacts anything really? Hopefully the group she is with now is good and can maybe get some more exposure for her.

This makes no real difference at all to us as fans. Maybe there will be more songs of hers in movies/ads, maybe there will be less. (I know there have been a couple of her songs over the years in ads in Australia eg Change on some insurance ads, and Video Games on a winery ad, but don't know if this is because she is published by someone different here). I presume she's getting a better deal for herself, though, as her last deal was probably signed when she had a lower status as an artist, so she might be getting a higher percentage, or better control over how it's all used.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

3 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

This makes no real difference at all to us as fans. Maybe there will be more songs of hers in movies/ads, maybe there will be less. (I know there have been a couple of her songs over the years in ads in Australia eg Change on some insurance ads, and Video Games on a winery ad, but don't know if this is because she is published by someone different here). I presume she's getting a better deal for herself, though, as her last deal was probably signed when she had a lower status as an artist, so she might be getting a higher percentage, or better control over how it's all used.

Makes sense, I mean we are getting a new cover for "The New Look", but also she declined Priscilla, so idk. Maybe Priscilla was before she changed?

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.ใƒปใ‚œใ‚œใƒปใ€€โ‹†ยทหš เผ˜ *ใ€€GIVE PEACE A CHANCE ใ€€หš เผ˜ โ‹†๏ฝกหšใ€€ใƒปใ‚œใ‚œใƒป๏ผŽ

11 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

Change on the life insurance ad here in Australia was so iconic for me nglโ€ฆ.ย :trisha:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gifย :beyonce:

42 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

Love how she's all over our ads but never actually comes here

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

52 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Love how she's all over our ads but never actually comes here

She's been here twice more than a lot of artists I love, but yeah, it would be good if she came back soon.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

The way how I always thought that she was an UMG artist, even UMG sold her merch before that! :hillary:

url%5D