Elle

Lasso - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

getting Lasso crumbs after all the mess and silence

9b528284cc076cf4ee4e5ed930608265.jpg

Β Β 616fd6f9f97232f6e74da18866f3cc83.gif

𝕴 𝖆𝖒 π–™π–π–Š π–œπ–”π–—π–‘π–‰ 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 π–π–Žπ–‰π–Šπ–˜ π–™π–π–Š π–šπ–“π–Žπ–›π–Šπ–—π–˜π–†π–‘ π–˜π–Šπ–ˆπ–—π–Šπ–™ 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖑𝖑 π–™π–Žπ–’π–Š

Β 

a31e427f87749f35242e53cde93629a3.jpg

Added lasso to the graveyard

- Lasso

- Nicki Lane Collab

- Young like me

- Sirens

- American standards and classics

- Kill Kill

- Scraped 3rd album (tropico)

- AKa Lizzy grant

- Shadow puppets collab

- The mixtape of Lizzy grant

- No Kung fu

-Β 

˚ ΰΌ˜β™‘ β‹†ο½‘ΛšΒ Still waiting for Put me in a movie Studio Recording * ˚ ✦

Didn't Jack "spoil" that A&W was American Whore and talked about it just as she announced the album?Β :um2:

He seemed more eager to talk about LassoΒ months ago when he said it was brilliantΒ :um2:

I get his reasoning and explanation for the vague answer but it felt almostΒ tooΒ vagueΒ :icant:

giphy.gif

He could’ve said, β€œbut it sounds amazing” or added a simple β€œexcited for people to hear” without revealing anything. Instead, saying, β€œthat’s a story for another day” suggests there’s a lot more happening behind the scenes which lines up with recent comments from Boz and 111. It makes me think the album has undergone countless changes and is still evolving with her. That isn't surprising. I get that he’s avoiding any sonic details since people have specific expectations for what a country album will sound like, but there's zero enthusiasm here on his part. I think we need to buckle in for an NFR 2.0 pre-release.

Tumblr

I think some of you are gettingΒ β€œA story for another time” wrong, he didn’t meant it in a β€œlasso’s gonna be one of lana’s stories for another time” but in a β€œLet’s talk about lasso in another time til lana speaks about it”

A story for another time doesn't sound great to me. Jack has had no problem hyping Lana up in the past. I get his reasoning in general, but it doesn't line up with his previous behaviour. Obviously tone is impossible to decipher in text, but I'm not getting a great feeling from that answer. I don't mean in terms of the music's quality, but I suspect a lot has been going on behind the scenes and it's possibleΒ Jack isn't thrilled with how things have unfolded.

I’m not optimistic after her marriage, I won’t lie I have a sour taste in my mouth about the whole thing and the impact it will have on her music and releases. Β 

29 minutes ago, questionfortheculture said:

a31e427f87749f35242e53cde93629a3.jpg

Added lasso to the graveyard

- Lasso

- Nicki Lane Collab

- Young like me

- Sirens

- American standards and classics

- Kill Kill

- Scraped 3rd album (tropico)

- AKa Lizzy grant

- Shadow puppets collab

- The mixtape of Lizzy grant

- No Kung fu

-Β 

You forgot Rock Candy SweetΒ 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m not optimistic after her marriage, I won’t lie I have a sour taste in my mouth about the whole thing and the impact it will have on her music and releases. Β 

You forgot Rock Candy SweetΒ 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Rock Candy Sweet got released its just a dif name for blue ban

3 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

He literally said worse things when they asked him about tortured poets, why are we being negative about anything lasso-relatedΒ :oprah7:
0-CD7-F672-AF30-44-E5-80-BD-27-EF48-C259

I fear he eated

He literally said worse things when they asked him about tortured poets, why are we being negative about anything lasso-relatedΒ :oprah7:

Β 

geez what a douchebag lmaoΒ 

Rick Nowels would never talk to an interviewer like thisΒ :ma:

ok Jack sassy divaΒ :understand:Β I guess I am just used to him hyping Lana up. The era is dryer than dry with no clear direction on where we are going so people are going to overanalyze every crumb.Β 

Tumblr

1 hour ago, lostindarkparadise said:

Β 

You worked on Lana Del Rey's last albumΒ Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd. Have you been helping her shape her next albumΒ Lasso?

We have…yeah. A story for another time. The reason why I don't talk about things until they're out is very succinct: I like to let the music be the first entry point for people. I don't want to rob anyone of their experience of hearing it without context. The second you start talking about work that is coming, you're planting these seeds in people's head.Β 

Β 

https://time.com/7027160/jack-antonoff-interview-bleachers-sabrina-carpenter-taylor-swift/

Β 

sounds very mysterious, I read two things: either the album could be planned as surprise drop or to be released in a certain context like the us elections :um2:

at least they haven't forgotten the name...