Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Maybe it's not coming out in September but she announced Ocean Blvd almost as a surprise 3 months before the date so I wouldn't rule out a 2024 release yet:true:

I'm really excited for the next Lana album but there's so much stuff coming out lately so I can wait if she decides to release next year instead. We may get a new single later this year anyway even if the album comes out in 2025 :creepna2:

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Maybe it's not coming out in September but she announced Ocean Blvd almost as a surprise 3 months before the date so I wouldn't rule out a 2024 release yet:true:

I'm really excited for the next Lana album but there's so much stuff coming out lately so I can wait if she decides to release next year instead. We may get a new single later this year anyway even if the album comes out in 2025 :creepna2:

she announced the exact release date of Blue Banisters six weeks in advance, so we could still be waiting until mid-August for a possible September release of Lasso

11 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Does anyone else remember when her albums had release dates? I hope she brings back release dates for this album. 

Rock Candy Sweet out June 1st 🍭 tease

2.gif

13 hours ago, grandpas glass said:

she announced the exact release date of Blue Banisters six weeks in advance, so we could still be waiting until mid-August for a possible September release of Lasso

We will continue to move the delulu goalpost down the field one delusion at a time:nails:

Tumblr

19 minutes ago, honeymooooon said:

this is not coming this year guys...

Confirmed info or our usual weekly fear?

i wouldn’t discard a short pre-release era (as an announcement and lead single in Sept for a end of October or November release). Many artists / labels are taking down that route this year, after the vinyls have been sent to plants for a couple of months. And let’s face it: even if she announced the release date three weeks prior, we’re crazy enough to buy three vinyl variants, no matter how broke we are :oprah3: But if she’s still in the midst of working the album, then I agree with you, I don’t think it’s coming this year. 

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

Confirmed info or our usual weekly fear?

i wouldn’t discard a short pre-release era (as an announcement and lead single in Sept for a end of October or November release). Many artists / labels are taking down that route this year, after the vinyls have been sent to plants for a couple of months. And let’s face it: even if she announced the release date three weeks prior, we’re crazy enough to buy three vinyl variants, no matter how broke we are :oprah3: But if she’s still in the midst of working the album, then I agree with you, I don’t think it’s coming this year. 

Yeah, maybe she's written it off the way she almost completely downplayed the release of Blue Banisters. 

4 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

I’m not even lying when I say that the first thing I think about when I wake up is “let me go check the lasso thread if there’s any new updates” :lange:

i’m past the denial stage and progressed to acceptance :pillsdy:

Lana is white hot again and she's reaching yet another career pinnacle / resurgence. You could say things really ramped up with the Skims campaign back in February (which feels like another lifetime ago) and continued with Grammy campaigning, Grammy appearance / snub, Coachella, Tough collab plus other things I'm probably forgetting. I'm not saying I think her label forces her to do anything but I really don't see how a lowkey album rollout in the next month and a half is best next move -- especially if the album is in a new genre for her. If she really is sitting on a completed country album I don't see why she would want it to be a quiet release? To me, it seems like things have changed behind the scenes and we aren't due for an album until next spring at the earliest. Trusted insiders ( I'm not even considering Nostradamus on Twitter:silly:) are dead silent. Has there ever been an era where we don't have even a crumb of info before a release? It's just too quiet and I think the simplest answer is because nothing is coming anytime soon. Maybe she has other collabs / soundtrack songs planned for the rest of the year, though!

Tumblr

43 minutes ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

Lana is white hot again and she's reaching yet another career pinnacle / resurgence. You could say things really ramped up with the Skims campaign back in February (which feels like another lifetime ago) and continued with Grammy campaigning, Grammy appearance / snub, Coachella, Tough collab plus other things I'm probably forgetting. I'm not saying I think her label forces her to do anything but I really don't see how a lowkey album rollout in the next month and a half is best next move -- especially if the album is in a new genre for her. If she really is sitting on a completed country album I don't see why she would want it to be a quiet release? To me, it seems like things have changed behind the scenes and we aren't due for an album until next spring at the earliest. Trusted insiders ( I'm not even considering Nostradamus on Twitter:silly:) are dead silent. Has there ever been an era where we don't have even a crumb of info before a release? It's just too quiet and I think the simplest answer is because nothing is coming anytime soon. Maybe she has other collabs / soundtrack songs planned for the rest of the year, though!

maybe the lead single comes this last quarter of the year, album early 2025

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, DCooper said:

Ocean Blvd was a big era and release, I could definitely see her wanting this one to be chill :true:

I can also imagine Lasso topping Ocean Blvd in magnitude: bigger collabs (Dolly Parton, ...), big producer (Luke Laird), big label? (Capitol)

1 hour ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

This is all true but she wants a simple life (she chose this :et:) so she may want a break. Maybe that's why there's a delay.

I don't know why trusted insiders wouldn't just tell us to cool it and wait until next year though if they know it's not coming. I remain a truther!

44 minutes ago, grandpas glass said:

I can also imagine Lasso topping Ocean Blvd in magnitude: bigger collabs (Dolly Parton, ...), big producer (Luke Laird), big label? (Capitol)

I forgot that Capitol thing, is she officially signed there or not? We did have a photo of her standing in front of the building. Capitol has been trying to promote Katy Perry's new single but we know how it went lol :toofloppy:

6 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I don't know why trusted insiders wouldn't just tell us to cool it and wait until next year though if they know it's not coming. I remain a truther!

I think they don't want to lose their mysterious imago of being someone who knows secrets and stuff :magikarp:But I wanna remain truther as well, let's see how September goes for us!

2.gif