Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Jack & Lana had great chemistry for NFR, bit ever since, it feels like that spark is gone and it feels like they just work together out of comfort.

A&W or WD are nice exceptions, but basically every other track they did post NFR would surely be better with another producer. The worst part is that Jack always brings Laura Siska and her terrible mixing.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

6 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Jack & Lana had great chemistry for NFR, bit ever since, it feels like that spark is gone and it feels like they just work together out of comfort.

A&W or WD are nice exceptions, but basically every other track they did post NFR would surely be better with another producer. The worst part is that Jack always brings Laura Siska and her terrible mixing.

With chemtrails, her vocals were crystal clear for me, but after tunnel… why did every Jack-produced song sounded so muffled!! Could’ve been so much better if they didn’t mess them up. Jack or whoever mixed her vocals in this album needs to PAY, meanwhile when we come to Zach-produced songs, Candy necklace, title track and the grants all sounded crystal clear to me, Jack is the problem :true:

46 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

The worst part is that Jack always brings Laura Siska and her terrible mixing.

33 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Jack or whoever mixed her vocals in this album needs to PAY

i will never forgive laura for butchering kintsugi

ive said it in the past and ill stand by my words that LAURA SISK IS THE ENEMY

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 hour ago, ivory almond said:

Do you ever have anything positive to say? God, every post I read of yours, you hatin' on sth

1 hour ago, Thunder Revenant said:

NFR is a peak for sure. But what they've done subsequently on songs like White Dress, Chemtrails, Wild at Heart, A&W, Ocean Boulevard, Taco Truck, etc. definitely has a spark and a loads of inspo and creativity behind it. I think you're being a bit unfair.

My only beef with OB is that it's a incoherent. 

But I do agree with you that Lasso should try to sidestep some of their comfort zone/lazier efforts and break new ground/reach for new heights. More Tough and AW-sounding hopefully, since they've made about 4000 ballads in five years.

4 hours ago, trust no terrence said:

Lana just started following Charlie's producer and liked his latest post... :prettyhurts:

I was just thinking about Charlie getting all them girlies together and making cute little remixes. How funny it would be if she added Marina and than „omg what about Lana“

i mean she mentioned her in mean girls sooooo why not. (I just realized it wouldn’t be lasso related whoopsie)

I'm glad I'm reading these latest posts because so much of the OB producing and mixing sounds muddy and awful to my ears. To me, all of the new tracks on Blue Banisters sound 100% better. This is why I have 'problems' with Jack A., though I liked his production on Lorde's Solar Power

14 minutes ago, yourlocalhobo said:

I was just thinking about Charlie getting all them girlies together and making cute little remixes. How funny it would be if she added Marina and than „omg what about Lana“

i mean she mentioned her in mean girls sooooo why not. (I just realized it wouldn’t be lasso related whoopsie)

Charlie her brother :oop2:

9 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

With chemtrails, her vocals were crystal clear for me, but after tunnel… why did every Jack-produced song sounded so muffled!! Could’ve been so much better if they didn’t mess them up. Jack or whoever mixed her vocals in this album needs to PAY, meanwhile when we come to Zach-produced songs, Candy necklace, title track and the grants all sounded crystal clear to me, Jack is the problem :true:

it was a very bad time for the year of the producer :makeup:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Why is the thread hot 😔

I could really use an announcement right now. Given that she comes through at my worst I’m hoping something gets announced 🥲

9 hours ago, ivory almond said:

i actually cant imagine kintsugi with clear vocals. I feel like the muffled voice just adds to the vibe, gives it a sense of nostalgia almost

I like the muddy and rough sound on tunnel honestly

PRE-ORDER 'EAT THE WORLD' — A COLLECTION OF POEMS BY MARINA DIAMANDIS HERE:

Regular Hardback: https://marinadiamandis.lnk.to/eattheworld

Hand-Signed Hardback: https://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=113257

7 hours ago, barttttender said:

NFR is a peak for sure. But what they've done subsequently on songs like White Dress, Chemtrails, Wild at Heart, A&W, Ocean Boulevard, Taco Truck, etc. definitely has a spark and a loads of inspo and creativity behind it. I think you're being a bit unfair.

My only beef with OB is that it's a incoherent. 

But I do agree with you that Lasso should try to sidestep some of their comfort zone/lazier efforts and break new ground/reach for new heights. More Tough and AW-sounding hopefully, since they've made about 4000 ballads in five years.

Those tracks aren't bad but they would all be better with another producer finishing them. OB & COCC (the songs) had other people involved and that shows.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!